Episode II Script Quotes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

razman
I thought I'd share a bunch of Episode II quotes that are supposedly from the script.

Heres the first one:

Gundark
Well you could say that has a dark undertone.

JediOasis
I think I saw this one somewhere....

"The prophecy is correct. The dark side is growing,"-Mace Windu

and

"You are still a slave Anakin, but now you are owned by the Jedi,"-Palpatine(even though this may be in EP III)

Dim
Now hold on..the Ep3 script isn't even written yet.

razman
Heres another one:

JediOasis
I know the script isn't written yet, but I could have sworn I saw that somewhere, its a nice quote, thats why it stuck in my mind. My guess is that it could possibly come from the end of EP II.

Ushgarak
Yes, it's a rumoured Ep.II quote, though I have never found the source, only people saying it.

razman
The quotes are from the leaked Ep2 first draft.
I was able to get LOADS of quotes from a very reliable person wink

Can you guess when this is said?

queeq
OB1 in Coruscant club: "Anakin, you'll be the death of me." (jokingly)

JediOasis
Anakin to Padme, "Your presence is soothing."

razman
72. EXT. NABOO LAKE RETREAT - NIGHT
The silent lodge. The triple moons of Naboo reflected in the waters of the lake.

73. INT. NABOO LAKE RETREAT, ANAKIN'S BEDROOM - NIGHT
ANAKIN moves restlessly in his sleep. He mutters to himself. Sweat forms on his forehead. He turns violently. He cries out.

ANAKIN
No... No... No... Mom!...
Don't, no, Don't!

74. EXT. NABOO LAKE RETREAT, LODGE, BALCONY OVERLOOKING GARDENS - MORNING
ANAKIN is on the balcony overlooking the gardens. After a moment, PADME comes onto the balcony behind him. She sees he is meditating and turns to go.

ANAKIN
(eyes closed)
Don't go.

PADME
I don't want to disturb you.

ANAKIN
Your presence is soothing.

Brief pause.

finti
Nice quotes Raz, where do you find it all?

Gundark
I don't think Raz is going to divulge his sources. wink

razman
I think Gundys got the right idea!

OK, heres another one, my fav:

Dim
Hmm..I think the Anakin/Padme ones are the most interesting to me.

JediOasis
This one goes to Raz......from what you've seen, does Yoda have anymore memorable lines? He always seems to say something very wise, just wondering whats in store for the next movie?

Darth Pants
So Raz, just how much do you know? Is the entire plot and script known to you, or are you 'drip fed' yourself? From what you've heard, does it sound good, or is it still slightly disjointed as many thought the TPM script was?

razman
No, I don't have the whole script.

OK for JO some Yoda lines:

Ushgarak
That reminds me. If they don't get the Sidious link, then they can't have got much info out the Viceroys after Episode I. Very sloppy...

JediOasis
I don't think the Trade Federation knew that Palpatine=Sidious. They just knew about Sidous and not that he was a Senator. They probably just thought he was using the Force to manipulate the Senate from the outside.

Ushgarak
That's not what I meant. I meant that they didn't even get the name 'Lord/Darth Sidious' out of them, which not only would have confirmed the presence of the Master rather than the apprentice- info the Viceroys knew- but also would have made the 'Sido-dyas' mystery very clear.

phinney6
Raz, Do you have any more obi-wan quotes?

razman
Heres one:

phinney6
Any others?

razman
I'm not sure about this one:

phinney6
I wonder what jedi he means when he says that jedi quit?

Darth Pants
The TPM novel suggests that the Trade Federation knew Sidious was Palpatine, in the senate scene, the Trade Federation representative and Palpatine exchanged quick glances.

Ushgarak
However much they knew, it seems that the Jedi learnt NONE of it, which was a real failure on their part because that info could have been very important.

Lucky that it's a nice round number like 20 that left the order, isn'***?

phinney6
I bet Darth Sidous is a FORMER JEDI, and that is who Obi-wan means when he says "I wonder why he quit only 20 have ever quit."

razman
Hes more than likely referring to Count Dooku.

Darth Pants
I think there'd be far more than 20 really, training to be a Jedi would be hard enough to phase out most of the 'applicants' somewhere along the way.

Ushgarak
Apparently not, though. They must choose those they train VERY carefully, as has been quite apparent of course.

krautrocker
altough i doubt we'll ever find out , it is perfectly feasiblt to assume sidious/palpatine must at some stage , have been trained in the jedi arts.

Ushgarak
That is, of course, a very interesting question.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.