new weapons

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

krautrocker
Can't remember if this topic was talked about here , think it was but can't find the link. Anyway I think the scans of the weapons we saw are fake. Two reasons for this:-
1) The pistol juist looks a lot like the ones they use in the palace near the end of episode 1 , i.e. the ones they get from the hidden compartment in the arm of the seat.
2) Dooku's lightsabre wouldn't work! Look at it from all the angles. Where the blade emits from there is a small piece of curved metal , that would get in the way of the blade surely? Even if the blade did curve, which i doubt it would/could , the piece would still get in the way.

See if you can see what i mean. Does anyone else have any comments on this ?

Dim
I don't remember the scans you're talking about..but I thought the same thing about the curved blade.. Everyone else told me "but it's sci-fi, not reality, Dim...blah blah blah.."

DJ Velocity
I don't believe that the sci-fi/reality rule applies to SW. All events and rules in the films rest heavily on reality foundations.

JediOasis
I have to disagree with you there. Its all Science fantasy, so anything is possible, within reason. So if there can be a lightsabre at all, I am sure they can have a curved one. But does anybody know why a curved one is better? I'll admit I know very little about sword fighting, but why would a curve make it any better?

darth fester
does the colours have a significance

Ushgarak
That is a very complex question and no-one is sure.

As for Dooku's RUMOURED lightsbare... well, the BLADE is not curved, from what we can see from previous shots. And that apparently obstructing piece of metal may speak wonders as to where the actual dangerous part of a lightsabre is...

Darth Pants
If you believe all of the speculation, Dooku is supposed to have a curved scimiter style blade, which is not one colour, but more like flames, with different shades of red, yellow and orange moving over the blade. The sound it makes as it cuts through the air is like a whooshing sound, rather than the buzz of a conventional sabre. I don't like the idea myself, but from a fighting point of view, it may be a more powerful weapon. Say it was used in the battle on cloud city, where Vader's sabre bounced off some walls, maybe Dooku's would have cut straight through them. This would make sense of the rumour that during the last fight, Dooku cuts down a huge crane-like object. Maybe only a sabre like his has the power to do that, where some would take all day. I don't like spreading rumours but I suppose that they're the closest thing to the truth in this world of secrecy and unexciting select photos.
Ush, as for your idea that the blade is straight, you may be right. Some on-set photos suggest Christopher Lee had a normal prop, and I can't see how even ILM would be able to rotoscope a shaped sabre given only that footage.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.