Official Website - What do you think?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ratcat
Well, the new look Official Site has been online for a while now and I was wondering what people thought of it?

Personally, my visits there have dropped off considerably. I find it slow, clunky and awkward. TRying to view the new select is a nightmare. It takes nearly 5 minutes to load. And as for the rest of the prequel information, it may be there but the new navigation structure is terrible from a design perspective.

I knonw we are supposedly entering the Broadband age of Internet access, but it is still in its infancy and very few people have the kind of broadband access that makes the Official Site viable right now. IMHO...

Darth Pants
The official site has always been to...well...official for my liking. I've never liked the tight lippen nature, or assumption that everyone has the time & money to download large video clips to get a glimpse of Ep2, or the patience to wait for a select photo that's not bind-bogglingly wierd. Whilst half of the info on TFN may turn out to be rubbish, at least it's something we can get our teeth into for the time being.

Ushgarak
And what's with all the bloody pop-ups!? hat is poor.

Still, the new background pics are good.

Darth Pants
Plus, I suppose that you know that what you see on there is Gospel truth, no matter how insignificant.E.g, we now KNOW that Count Dooku is in it. I used to like getting Ep1 snapshots of bluescreen scenes and doing my own bluescreening on them, like Aurra Sing against a Coruscant cityscape. It looks poor, but hey, it's mine.

Ushgarak
They HAVE made mistakes.

ratcat
Lot's of them too.

jabba
The new site? I hope Ep2 doesn't run like it..slow to get into and then just chugs along with no way of knowing what the hell is going on!
I must say I'm pretty dissapointed with it, the old site was faster than a greased whippet to load...this is ridiculously bad.
Good content though when you manage to find it... confused

Dim
I'm with Pants..the Official Site has always been too tight lipped..so I never visit.. On the rare occasion I do though..it does seem like it's a rather slow load...the new pics are nice though. I don't think they were very practical on their loading expectations.

ratcat
I think they may have spent so much time getting the nice, bandwidth hogging braphics together that they failed to test it on a real home internet style setup.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.