death star in episode 3

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darth fester
do you think the death star will be in episode 3

it would be cool if it is

queeq
There's about 20 years. We already know that. The DS is just finished when ANH begins.

darth fester
but surley it takes a while to build it

queeq
But not 20 years. The second DS took less than 2 years to be operational or something. Construction started sometime between ESB and ROTJ. However.... that's not that clear. Can't be more than 6.

And don't call me Shirley.

ratcat
ANH -> ROTJ = 4 years according to the Lucasbooks timeline, which I believe has been catagorised as Canon by GL.

queeq
Really? My mistake then, I thought it was six. Still, that even more confirms my statement. DS 2 was even bigger than DS1.

ratcat
You're right of course, 20 years would be rather excessive...

queeq
No.

No.

darth fester
hmmmmmmmmmmm very certain

well we know what happens in a new hope and the death star is built

so depending on how close episode 3 finishes to episode 4 it should be in

queeq
Very excessive, indeed.

darthyogi
This is kind of related to the Death Star appearing in the prequels:
I heard on a local radio station in Nottingham, England, that British actor Robert Carlyse had revealled he had been approached to play a young Moff Tarkin but had had to turn it down due to other committments. He said he was honoured to have been asked to follow in the footsteps of Peter Cushin and was upset at not being able to commit - particularly as Trainspotting castmate McGregor would be playing along-side him.
I haven't heard a thing since, and I didn't hear the radio interview first hand, only DJs talking about it after the fact.
But if Tarkin's going to be in the prequels, I shoudl imagine that the Death Star will at least be discussed.
Personally, I think ending the prequels with the Death Star's construction would be a neat way to tie the two trilogies together.

finti
to much time between epIII and epIV for DS to appear.

darthyogi
Is that confirmed?
I heard Lucas was thinking of incuding the missing 20 odd minutes of the bigging of New Hope onto the end of EpIII (showing Luke and Bigs and the Pool game) to aid continuity.
I never really thought that was likely - more likely for the missing footage to appear on the DVDs, I thought.
What is the time frame for the prequels?

finti
around 20 years between epIII and IV.

queeq
Indeed. And I personally doubt them discussing the DS either. I mean they still have a fleet of Stardestroyers to build. They might focus on that first, at least that would seem likely. SD's appeared to be around for a while in ANH.

Dim
Yes, I'm sorry..but I think the DS is OT only..

darth fester
ive got the scene where luke meets bigs at anchor head on my behind the magic cdrom

but i do think it would tie up nicely if at the end of episode 3 they have something about building the death star

i know youve said it takes 4 years to build but how long would it take to design and plan not long of 20 years i should imagine

CountFaust
Probably the start of contruction. What about the Super Star Destroyer? How Long did that take. We did'nt see it till ep. V

finti
they probably been around for a while, Han seems kind of familiar to their excistence in ROTJ.

sand person no. 10
perhaps the laser used to destroy the planets will make a debut in epIII, maybe flying arounbd in a ship. although i don't know surely Naboo will be destroyed bearing in mind its closeness to tattoine and that its not mentioned in the originally trilogy.

Ushgarak
Answers to questions to the Jedi Council in SW.com have made it pretty clear that Naboo is not going to be destroyed as some have suspecuted; it is simply umimportant by that time.

Jameous Woodshire
If that lazer was around, Han would not have said
"Blown away? How?"Luke...
" It would take a thousand ships with more firepower than I..."

So thats extreamly doubtfull.

As for the missing scene in EP3. I hope not. That scene had horrable acting my Mark and besides it occurs after Vader captured Leia. Thus it might be on the ANH DVD, but not in EP3 and not included in the actual storyline. Just as an extra like the Behind the Magic scenes are.

But of course anything can happen "Remember you only think you saw Han shoot first" I still have a problem with that scene. sad

Ushgarak
You and... most people, actually...

Ushgarak
Uh-oh, he's onto it. Quick, keep all the tapes away from him!

Jameous Woodshire
Queeg its the Cantina remake in the SE.

Being a person that saw Star Wars (Before it was ANH) 22 times in the theater in '77 I groaned aloud when I saw the remake.

Me and 3/4 of the theater audiance.

queeq
What scene is that? (Did I miss something???)

queeq
They changed the Greedo sequence? I never knew about that, I'll go and check.

*start looking for tapes but can't find them* USH!!!!!

Ushgarak
(Is quickly burning all Special Eiditon copies of ANH; steps in front of fire)
What is it, Queeq?

(Jameous, I think you will find this is a mental block of Queeq's, not an actual lack of knowledge...)

queeq
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHH I need to know.

*Force chokes Ush* What is it? Where are those tapes you intercepted?!

Jameous Woodshire
Ok, I see. (kinda figured that)

Is'nt this a councilor ship? There are no stolen data tapes.

queeq
If this is a councillor ship, where is the ambassador?

phinney6
"Holding Him is dangerous, if the Imperial senate finds out about this it made make a sympathy vote for Ush"

queeq
Send out a distress signal and then inform the Senate that all aboard were killed. Send down a detachment to retrieve those stolen OT-SE tapes. There will be no one to stop me this time.

Ishi Tib
Personaly i think it would be cool if they ended III right where IV begins, right c-3p0's first line, i figure they'll just skip like to ten years later and not have to deal with luke and leia's ageing all the way into his late teens or what ever, and show the plans being stolen and stuff. That would be cool. --> this thing is weird rolling on floor laughing

Dim
Nah, There's other things I'd rather see..and I don't think they can fit it all into one movie in any good way.

queeq
Nothing personal, IT, but I'd HATE that. I like the gaps between films, allows for more fantasy of our own.

Or for EU. sad

yerssot
The Death Star is not going to in EpIII, the Death Star was under construction when Leia first heard of it and she killed an officer when she spoke to much about it. That was in the same year as ANH was(source: behind the magic)

Ushgarak
That source (EU) is no good, but the general idea of there being no Death Star is pretty much a certainty.

Jameous Woodshire
I feel that way also. No Death Star in the PT.

But I just watched ANH again yoeterday, and Obi was quick to point out "Thats no moon!" That brings up an interesting idea for sure (like he'd seen it before) but I still think we wont see it.

Darth Pants
I thought the Death Star's cold,unnatural presence stood out to Obi Wan, never really thought it was to do with his having seen one before.
As for adding footage from ANH onto Ep3, that'd be way too cheap. We all know GL has one hell of a lot to explain in 4 hours 20 minutes, we wouldn't want those last 20 minutes taken up by footage not good enough to make it to ANH originally.

yerssot
I've read (I think that it was in the Del Rey book of ANH) that altough Obi-wan was the oldest he had a better visionrange than the others (probably a Jedi trick) smokin'

Jameous Woodshire
Yep, that might have been it.

I always thought he could sence the evil of it, or the presence of all the life or something. But that was just me.

finti
Or the fact Obi-wan knew the Alderaan system and there was no moons in that area.

yerssot
"That's no moon, it's a spacestation!"
"It can't be a spacestation, it will take the Empire ... wait a second ..."
So he knew that it was no moon, if you look at the next scene, you must be a Jedi to see that he is correct, you don't see the lines or the place were the green beans are located. So it must be an evidence that he has special powers, let's say Jedi-powers because he is a Jedi

Darth Pants
He did look horrified, like something had dawned on him. Someone trying to see further than they can would be squinting.

queeq
Okay, maybe, just maybe, OB was a Jedi. laughing out loud

Ushgarak
Oooh, controversial...

Personally, I just thought it was Obi-Wan noticing something before the others did the old-fashioned way- better observation. He also put 2 and 2 together faster.

finti
and came up with one space station.

queeq
Clever guy.

yerssot
Who? OB1 or Finti?

queeq
Both. laughing out loud

yerssot
Yeah right!

queeq
Maybe finti is a little smarter.

yerssot
Do I hear some doubts?

finti
I am smarter because I would have said , "Mr Solo can you be darling and GET US THE HELL OUT OF HERE" big grin just a little faster reaction on me than on the Obi.

yerssot
That's your version of it wink wink

queeq
Good line. Hope finti becomes GL's co-writer on Ep3. laughing out loud

yerssot
'Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!'
Like OB1 would say.

queeq
He did say that, yes. But it did happen. evil face

yerssot
But if you think that I will life in the dessert, you're wrong!

queeq
What kind of a dessert would you like? Custard?

yerssot
I don't care! I rather life in a desert than in a dessert!

queeq
With custard there's less sand in your teeth. big grin

yerssot
I still have plenty of time, first I got to be 50-60 years old!

queeq
Okay. I'll be waiting.

yerssot
You will be death by then

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.