What happend to movies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ragesRemorse
What ahppend to movies? When did they become such garbage?
Am i alone on this or does any one else believe that these horrbile movies like SWAT, TERMINATOR3, TOMB RAIDER, and BAD BOYS2 are some of the worst movies ever created. it seems that shit movies have become a pleague in movie theaters. What happend to the movies that were though provoking, that challenged you, all those movies that incoorperated humanity into films rather than pump it full of CGI and big explosions, what happend to them? what happend to edge, originality and creativity in movies?

Hey dude, sometimes people just want to see some mindless explosions and shit. Bad boys 2 and S.W.A.T were great movies. And the whole terminator series is actually quite thought provoking. And on my list of all time best movie for a thought provoking thought would be the Matrix. ANd if you say that's a crap movie then i wonder what you think is a quality movie. smile

badkittykitty
I think hollywood has plum ran out of ideas there is a few thought provoking movies out there but they are few and far between,but your right after watching lxg I really think money cant save shit no matter what!

ragesRemorse
yeah i know sometimes senseless eye candy is well welcomed, but those are the only movies that dominate the theaters anymore for the past 3 seasons. the terminator series was an indepth movie series untill T3, it was a bad remake of T2 with no script, no dialogue and very poor acting. and where did all the money go that movie had the highest movie budget to date, the action certainly wasnt bigger than any other great action movies and deffaintly diddnt have as great action as T2. i dont want to single out one bad movie out of a whole catogory of bad movies. Look at comedies even look at the movies that are passed as comedies, bruce almighty...which is nothing more than simple jokes and one liners, Charlies angels...what the hell is this crap?

This is just my opinion i dont want to piss people off, im just looking to see if there are any other people out there who feel the same, im deffaintly not gonna argue with someone who thinks SWAT and BAD BOYS2 are great movies, these are just two very different train of thoughts

badkittykitty
I didnt see t3 because exactly what you said,I did see charlies angels and totally hated it( except all t&a) I thought lxg was the worst! theres a scene where Sean Connery jumps from a moving car and lands directly on his feet! I got up and left.

ragesRemorse
LOL yeah i havent seen LXG and dont intend to. I heard that movie was beyond horrible. Someone said the only good thing about it was that it diddnt take itself seriously. My girlfriend made me go see 2 fast and 2 furous with her at some cheap seats, this movie made me question my religoun, check my humanity and ponder over the advantages of death. This was not because of the brilliance of the movie or the creative script but over the absolute shittyness of the movie. ive never been one for conspiracy theories but i believe there is a movie studio out there releasing movie to brain wash people into becomming dumb and disregaurd anything that is intellectual. Now if you could make a movie with cars crashing for two hours this might have been good but they dont make movies like that yet

Kes
RagesRemorse maybe you should start seeing European movies smile

lukeyduckey
Well you see they are three type of movies made.
1. Simple movies which have simple jokes, explosions and a bit of flesh for the prople who dont see many films and just want to relax.
2. Films to make you think and get involved in, you feel what the film wishes to tell you.
3. Total bollacks to fill up your screen eg Daredevil, t3

Thanks for your time

Keith_Ollies
the last great film that made me think had to be MEMENTO, have you seen that film, that was absolute genius, simple, yet thrilling as well

Kes
Yeh i loved that movie!Very well made!

Evil Dead
some good films are still being made...........

Not too long ago "A Beautiful Mind" came out.........

All these dungeons and dragons geeks seem to go gaga over these Lord of the Rings movies.............

The Matrix came out not all that long ago............

I think "Old School" was a great comedy.......

Most of the popular movies (with movie goers, not critics) are crap.......I agree with you there. The simple explanation for this is that the majority of people are dumber than shit........therefore they go see stupid movies that require no thinking, because they aren't smart enough to think..........they just want to sit in a seat and watch the "pretty flickering picture" for a couple hours, this my friend is why Vin Diesel has a career and is not working at your local "Shell" station............since retarded movie goers eat that crap up, the movie industry keeps producing it.

fini
hmmm i made a similiar comment in another thread and got trashed for it
BUT hollywood is on an all time creative low.............yes we love mindless action CGI ridden films but make something original.......we alllllllll loved Independance Day,The rock, The Mummy, Matrix, Jurassic park, T2 was the best made sequel ever, .....................
but why oh why do they make sequels to popular..or even crap movies.

I'm not even going to see the comics and cartoon characters made into movies .................they were meant to stay in their original form.

Hell the best comics into movies were Superman ( only the first one), and Batman( the first one ROCKED rock , second one was alright but the others sucked ass).

THE BEST example of not making a sequel or prequel ( same crap just differnt name) is the DISASTER LUCAS is doing to his masterpiece
And leave our blessed cartoons alone PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!

BackFire349
obviously hollywood has run out of ideas. hence all the sequels. however, there are still great movies out there, you just have to take the time to look past mainstreem hollywood movies usually, although some mainstreem movies are great. if you want to see a great modern movie that is as unique as any you've ever seen, go see irreversible.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.