Obi-Wan's lightsabre etc.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ushgarak
Ok, time to bring up sabre speculation again, I think. The posed shot of Obi-Wan in the Episode II dsection of the re-vamped site has him carrying his Episode I sabre. Now, this could be a costuming thing, or it could be that he is genuinely using the same one, as we have discussed before, I think.

So, what do people think the dealis going to be on sabres? Obi-Wan is going to have to change some time, so he has his one from IV. Is Qui-Gon's still around? Will Obi-Wan use it? Did Luke build his second one out of it? Is Anakin using the one that is eventually bequeathed to Luke in ANH, in Ep II? He's bucking tradition there if he is, becuase it seems all Jedi lose their original sabres... mind you, he does switch when he becomes Vader...

Which reminds me- Vader didn't seem very sentimental about losing his old sabre forever in ESB, did he? I'd have force-pulled it back up, if I were him.

And what happens to ALL the old sabres after Ep. III? 10,000 of them, or whatever? Does Palpatine have them all destroyed, do we think?

Opinions please...

Dim
Well, it's possible that Obi-Wan did retrieve his saber and gave Qui-Gon's to Anakin.. Though I would think that it would have been damaged in the fall. maybe not. We may never see Obi-Wan use another saber in the prequels..it's possible that after so many years that they need a new one just because they degrade or break. (given the amount of heat they probably make this isn't unlikely)

The really interesting question to me is the one of what happens to the sabers when the jedi are killed. Do you think their slayers take them as trophies?..or that mabye bystanders take them and sell them as collectables?

darth pants
I think it would have been in the Jedi's interests to dredge the bottom of the melting pit (incidentally, was it melting anything at the time of the fight? I'd have thought there would be a glow or something) to find the body of Darth Maul to identify him. They could have got Obi Wan's sabre back then. Oh, the Jedi's sabres answer: The ones which weren't used as cigarette lighters were probably destroyed by Vader and Palpatine as a reminder that there was nothing left of the order, methinks.

Ushgarak
Any other lightsabre comments? We could always bring the colour debate back, and wonder a bit more about why Obi-Wan changes, and so on...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.