obiwan's droid?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

krautrocker
I have read that obiwan uses a droid in ep 2 called r4d17? or something like it. In Episode 4 , he claims to have never owned a droid. What is more is that he doesn't recognise R2-D2 or C3PO in these films. What do people think will be the explanation for this ?

Jameous Woodshire
Watch the video at SW.C "getting a wedgie" it shows the droid you speak of in Obi's ship.

Also re-watch ANH. Obi never says he dosen't know R2, in fact he says "hello my little friend". He tells luke he "never owned a droid".

TRUE.

Padme owned R2, and ANi owned 3PO.

Remember you have to see the OT from a 'certian point of view'.

Darth Pants
Yeah, Obi Wan had to be extremely careful of what he said. He could have blown it by saying "Look, it's your mother's droid! She was a queen, you know!"

krautrocker
what???!! No and when he sees vader he doesn't go oh 'look luke , it's your dad and he's about to kill me'.

ratcat
Additionally, if you watch the video on SW.C you'll here Lucas say to Doug Change that the droid never leaves the socket in the ship.

This froid isn't like R2 D2 I don't think. In as much as it is owned by the Jedi or even the old republic foprces and not by OB1 personally.

Darth Pants
I'd never seen the Jedi as being that posessive. I thought they just had their living quarters, their clothes and their sabres. Anything else was taken for special missions from storage. It would seem like there was too much of a superiority thing going on if some Jedi got their own ship, droid, etc.

ratcat
That's exactly it I think. I'm thinking that the droid is simply a tool and when they need one they just go get it from stores or something.

I think Threepio and R2 D2 and others like them are exceptions, not the rule when it comes to master/droid relationships.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.