New Music or the Original Score-Your opinions

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthBorgie
I was just wondering if anyone knew about what music they had in store for us in EpII. Will they go with the original score or some new music? John Williams is a great composer and I know either way i will be delighted, but i was just wondering. What would everyone else prefer?

(I heard they were going to redo the theme song with kazoos and fluglehorns)

queeq
Well, I expect another great blend of the "old" themes and some new ones. JW has to, you know. The OT scores are supposed to end up as the outcome of the PT scores. There should be a development, just like the storyline. That in essence in JW's great challenge.

queeq abides

noggins
I'm betting Anakin's theme will sound a lot closer to Vader's (there were aspects of it in TPM) especially by the end of the movie. I'm intriguied by what Dooku's will be like though...

queeq
That will definately be a new theme, if he'd have one at all. Maul didn't really have a theme for himself, just the whispering.

queeq abides

Boshuda
It'll be cool to hear Mace Windu's theme, unless the StarWars fanfare will be played during his battle scenes ala
Luke and the skiff battle in Jedi.
I bet Jango Fett and Boba have a theme...maybe a variation on Boba's theme in Empire.

queeq
Yes, maybe. I hope it'll be a bit more melodic than that one in order to show how cold Boba has grown.

queeq abides

COREWORLD
DarthBorgie, if you listen to each of the opening fanfares of the Star Wars movies, you will notice that there is a slight variation in each, to the casual listener they will sound the same, but in each successive Episode a different aspect will be emphasised. On a different note, i wonder if the Clonetroopers will have a similar sounding theme tune as the Stormtroopers did in ANH, giving a subtle hint as to their ultimate destiny?

queeq
Okay, I'd dig that.

queeq abides

finti
is this like getting deep or something?

Darth Gehenna
I really liked Maul's "whispering" theme, it was really creepy.

queeq
It was not really a theme now was it. And there is still no good track of it. I think not even the Ultimate Edition gives us a good track.

queeq abides

DarthBorgie
Yeah Core, the clonetroopers really should have something based on the stormtroopers background music. I also second that idea on progressive variations leading up to ROTJ, starting with TPM.

COREWORLD
Well i for one would like to see the following in the next soundtrack:
Anakins theme/ Reworked to be more 'heroic' as opposed to 'cute' as it was in TPM.
Count Dooku's march/ As CL has been confirmed for appearance in II and III will his theme form the same basis as the imperial march in ESB/ROTJ?
Jango and Obi-Wan duel/Expect an 'echo' if not a direct lift of the 'Boba Fett theme' as heard in ESB and a new motif for Obi-Wan.
Arena battle/Lots of jedi means lots of use of the 'force' theme, a possible re-use of the 'Duel of the fates'? Or will they save that for the impending Anakin/Obi-Wan showdown in III?
Finale/ As this film finishes on an uncertain note expect something along the lines of ESB.
We'll pull this back up in 2002, and have a good laugh at how wrong i am!

finti
Brahms in space?smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.