The opening crawl......

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Boshuda
What, with the basic plotlines we know of,(or not as the case may be),do you think the opening crawl should read?

p.s.Did anyone find Phantom's crawl to be as hideous as I did? It certainly didn't roll off the tongue!!

Jedimaster3838
I imagine the opening crawl with tell about the crisis over whether or not the Republic should use clones. It will probably tell of Padme's journey to Coruscant and what exactly Obi-Wan and Anakin are up to.
And I agree with you about TPM crawl. It was kinda confusing and uninteresting.

IGOTMYBEAT
It's gotta include Senator Padme on her way to Coruscant...

It's gotta include Anakin becoming a powerful Jedi...

It's gotta be in yellow letters...

It's gotta have space as the backdrop...

UnknownBountyHunter
Senator Padme!!?? Am I missing something?

Gundark
I heard she was going to be a senator too, but I forget where....

For the opening crawl, I think the first two sections will be about whats generally going in the galaxy and the third will be, like.....

Anakin Skywalker, with the
approval of the Jedi council,
continues his training under
the watchful eye of Obi Wan
Kenobi......

Words fade away and camera angle drops to....(Gundark stops, remembering contract she signed in her own blood in George's office) Ooops, ahem, uh, I have to go now...Hehehe. laughing out loud laughing out loud

finti
Kinda short opening craew, and a bit too romantic mooded.
rolling on floor laughing

Gundark
Ahem, finti..I was NOT suggesting romance between Anakin and Obi Wan. sick

finti
Search your feelings Gundark, deep down inside I think you just did that.laughing out loud

theEviljedi
You will have to excuse UBH...he doesn't read spoilers.roll eyes (sarcastic)

Gundark
Actually finti, EJ is the one guilty of making perverted posts....go over to Role Playing and check out the thread on "Changing History"..I think thats the one.

Boshuda
Here's my non-commital version of the opening crawl...

A long time ago in a galaxy far,far away...

Star Wars EpisodeII ... ...... ...... (fill in your own title)

It is a time of change in the galaxy.The Power hungry Chancellor Palpatine has dissolved the Senate and sown the seeds of disillusion amongst his people.
Whilst the politicians bicker the Jedi Knights are at extremes to calm the unrest.
Meanwhile, the young Padawn Anakin Skywalker is being taught in the ways of the force by his master Obi-wan Kenobi; as the galaxy teeters on the brink of war....

Gundark
Wow, Boshuda, that was really good. Maybe you should send it to George. smile

Boshuda
Thanks Gundark,i'm glad you like it! I think the real opening crawl will be more specific about up coming events.
By the way, do you know George's address? :-)

Gundark
I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you. laughing out loud laughing out loud

UnknownBountyHunter
Hey! I try not to! smile If I think its really juicy, then I will read it, but otherwise, most of them will get so much information stored inside your head, that when the movie comes out and none of its true, you'll wonder where the heck everything went and judge it as a cruddy movie. (Happened to me on Lost World) smile

finti
Palpatine doesen`t dissolve the senate until ep4.

Boshuda
The "last remnants" are "swept away" in a New Hope,but the process must begin much sooner...Palpatine isn't going to want a bunch of non-conformists clouding his vision....I believe the senate will be dismantled in Ep2 or even Ep3 as they are not going to give up without a fight...precursor to rebellion?

queeq
No, Tarkin says in ANH that he received word the Emperor dissolved the Senate, permanently. This is a process of many years, I'm sure.

queeq abides

finti
you tell em queeq!!

queeq
The Sith are growing in numbers. evil face

queeq abides

UnkownBountyHunter
I don't care, as long as I get paid! evil face

queeq
You get paid???? Can I be a mod too? laughing out loud

And since when did you get to be a Rogue, UBH?

queeq abides

krautrocker
I would imagine the opening crawl , like the title will be one of the last things that will get done, depending on how the final edit of the film gells together dont you think ?

queeq
Well, I read that he opening crawl of TPM was unchanged during two or three later versions of the script and appeared as such in the film. It seems like it's the most unchangeable bit of the film in development. It's probably already in it's final state.

queeq abides

JediOasis
This sucks!!! Here we are arguing over all this stuff and we still have 482 days(give or take) until the movie comes out. It'd be cool if I could go into a coma for about a year or something like that. This wait is pissing me off. Anyhoo, I just hope the opening crawl will be better than TPM, it was kinda confusing. And I imagine like queeq is right, Lucas probably already has it in his head, the title too probably, he just won't say anything cause he knows as soon as he opened his mouth it would all be on the internet.

Gundark
Maybe we could have you frozen, JO. laughing out loud

I think UBH is referring to Sith getting paid. Hmmm...wonder what the pay scale is for a dependable Sith Lord these days? laughing out loud

queeq
Well, you're still dependent on me and I am paying you zilch. Now get back into the kitchen and fry me some Dewback eggs. laughing out loud

Okay, Cryo-JO, when shall we start the carbon freeze?

queeq abides

Boshuda
Queeq,you were right about the Senate..I got it wrong........tell your sister you were right!

Gundark
There you go, JO...you'd be in perfect hibernation, but then totally blind for awhile after we thaw you out which means you wouldn't be able to watch ep2 with the rest of us in New York anyway and then it would really suck. smokin'

queeq
Right about the Senate? What have I been saying?

queeq abides

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.