The Last Samurai

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

neolight
Tom Cruise is starring in a film called the Last Samuari. What's your expectation for the movie? Is the story based on a true story?

Neo_Version 7
Seems a little promising......

BackFire349
yeah, could be good.

Hypernova
Saw the preview the other day... er... no comment just yet.

Kes
Saw the trailer....didnt like it. But I'm not a big Tom Cruise fan so messed

Hypernova
Neither am I!

BackFire349
i like tom cruise, he plays a very good angry nervous little man...although thats probably not far from the truth for him.

Neo_Version 7
Only movies that were good for him were Risky Business, Vanilla Sky, and tho I hate to admit, I cant see anybody else portray Ethan Hunt than him.

Kes
Unfortunatly yes. I think he ruined Mission Impossible.

BackFire349
rain man was an amazing movie.

Neo_Version 7
Word, BF. Rain Man was like a motho****er!!!

BackFire349
Word.

Neo_Version 7
Ah, this is boring. Im a leave in a few min. This is soooooo boring....

SaTsuJiN
thats ...'samurai' and Im a fan of Japanese culture/history, so I'll give it a spin. Just as long as tom cruise doesnt speak Japanese.. then I might go into a stupidity seizure. The war scenes at least look very exciting. Rifles vs Samurai, since that really happened when europeans brought guns to Japan. Im not sure if the actual events happened but I do know that it was, after rifles came, illegal to have a katana. Samurai who lived by this equipment felt threatened that thier services/way of life were no longer needed. So they decided to go to war with the riflemen

but lol @ Tom in the samurai armor, I wonder how he learned to swing katana

looks like an interesting movie, i will see it.

Fire
I'll go just for the samurai

BOPRecruit 16
i so want to see this movie because it looks like it has great action, japanese origins, and reminds me of rurouni kenshin!!!

buffymitch
From the moment i saw that Tom cruise was in this movie i went like I will never see this movie. I don't like tom cruise. He didn't spoil the first MI. It's probably his only good movie, but the second one sucked. Last samurai looks really boring.

neolight
So Tom Cruise is the white guy who goes to Japan and revive the Samuari spirit with the Japanese? Or is he the one who brought western culture to Japan? From the preview, it looks like he's gonna start a revolution.

neolight
I just saw the other trailer of The Last Samurai. Tom Cruise is orignally a captin of the new rifle japanese army and the enemy of the Samuari clans, but he was captured by the Samuari and influenced to become one of them. Sounds similar to Dances With The Wolves. I think this could be a deep cultural/historical film.

SaTsuJiN
Yeah I agree. I'd like to see how tom cruise interacts as a part of the japanese culture. I hope they dont ask him to pronounce any japanese though, that'd be embarrasing to watch if he doesnt say it right

BOPRecruit 16
http://i.imdb.com/Photos/Ss/0325710/LS-3058.jpg

http://i.imdb.com/Photos/Ss/0325710/LS-3087.jpg

http://i.imdb.com/Photos/Ss/0325710/LS-3704.jpg

http://i.imdb.com/Photos/Ss/0325710/LS-5583.jpg

http://i.imdb.com/Photos/Ss/0325710/LS-9190.jpg

here's where i got these pix:

iMDb's Info > Tom Cruise > The Last Samurai > Photo Gallery

Fire
nice pics

BOPRecruit 16
i can't wait to see the movie! finally a movie about the japanense culture instead of always doing china or something like in most movies. ^.~ *jumps for joy*

SaTsuJiN
Wow tom cruise looks awesome in that samurai armor

Isnt this movie coming out next year? or like by christmas?

bluegrass
Let's just be happy that Steven Seagal isn't doing this film!!! LOL

BOPRecruit 16
the movie comes out this december, either before or after the rotk. does anyone know the synopsis of the movie?

SaTsuJiN
as posted by neolight : "Tom Cruise is originally the captain of the new Japanese rifle army and the enemy of the Samurai clans, but he was captured by the Samurai and influenced to become one of them"

lukeyduckey
I seen pictures and read about this film and i admit im looking forward to it.
Dont really have an opnion on Tom Cruise, not a fan and not a hater.

BOPRecruit 16
thanks satsu! where did you that info. from?

DBZFan
Something tells me this will be messed up bad...But that is my opiniun.

BOPRecruit 16
why do you say that dbzfan?

Renegade Punk
Hey at least he is short enough for the role.....

Renegade Punk
whats going on here.......i was posting a message about Tom Cruise in that samurai film......weird!

Katiedid25
I think this movie looks really interesting... Tom Cruise is always in good movies

BOPRecruit 16
any good movie sights with info. on the last samurai?

SpikeSpiegel
I heard that Billy Connely will be in it.

movie_freak
Saw the Trailer....looks good, Can't wait

SaTsuJiN
I would think this site to have the most info about the movie

http://lastsamurai.warnerbros.com/

if that isnt enough just go to www.google.com and type in The Last Samurai and you should get enough search results.

BOPRecruit 16
billy who? pic and info. about him?

thanks for the link!

lukeyduckey
Billy Connelly IS in it.

BOPRecruit 16
lucky: dude! post a pic and info. about this guy because i have no freakin' clue who he is!!!

lukeyduckey
Soz i cant. I cant find one. His a scttoish comedian. Two years ago he ran around naked in london for Comic Relief. His the guy on the lottery adverts a lot. He had that film The man who sued God recently. Does that help u?? soz if it dont

BOPRecruit 16
no, it doesn't.

SaTsuJiN
Billy Connelly ~

Kes
Oh thats Billy Connelly big grin thats why is name sounded familiar. That guy is funny smile

BOPRecruit 16
satsu: thank you for the pic. someone in this thread finally figured out that i was asking for a picture of him.

kes: you say he's funny, what does he do?

Kes
Well I cant remember a movie with him per say but I saw him in interviews and stuff. Really funny. I think he's in a movie with Steve Martin.Here:http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0175262/

BOPRecruit 16
never seen or heard half the movies he's in.

Kes
lol well he's not a mainstream actor.

lukeyduckey
Well i would of loved to post a pic of him, but i have none so................................sooooooorrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Next time i pull hm out of thin air. Hey that be cool. Billy is a comedian, and scottish!!

Kes
I was in an ep of 3rd rock from the sun. The 1 where they are at this motel that has a game where you have to find the killer and stuff. He was hilarious.

BOPRecruit 16
Did you know that Tom Cruise's full name is Thomas Cruise Mapother IV? i never knew that, interesting that he has one of those numbers in the game. here's where i read it in his bio on this outsiders fan page:

The Outsiders: Tom Cruise as Steve Randle

Kes
Yeh I knew. Brad Pitt also has a different name...I mean Brad isnt is 1st name, cant remember what it was thou.

BOPRecruit 16
any new pix, news, or other actors in the movie i should know about?

pablo007
here it is

SaTsuJiN

Pablo G
I just caught a sneak peak of this flick and let me tell you. It's ****ing amazing ! Perhaps this year's greatest epic, it's a MUST see.

BOPRecruit 16
i'm so jealous that you got to see that!! i guess tom was right in being in that movie!

forumcrew
pablo is 200% right... this movie is simply great... i really cant even say anything about it.. just see it

movie_freak
I wanna watch it Badly...Unfortunately it releases here in January sad

optional
I really want to watch that movie but I think The Last Samurai will be shown early next year in my country. I really want to watch Sanada Hiroyuki (guy from Ringu series).

strider
YEA IM REALLY LOOKING FOWARD TO THIS FLICK AS WELL... IVE BEEN WAITING TO SEE IT FOR A WHILE....

SaTsuJiN
I went to see this movie today, and since I love the culture of Japan and martial arts, in conjunction with its history being so interesting, this movie was just pure greatness. I loved how honor was held on high, and the deep respect at the end of the film. I definately reccomend anyone to see it. Unless of course you despise Japanese anything :-/

MISSME
The movie is great.....I know because I live in Japan!

juggernaut26
oh man when i heard about it i didn't know if cruise could make a samuri or not but by what you all say i guess he makes a great one!

silver_tears
I love.........love.............loved this movie!!!! yes

BOPRecruit 16
what does the kanji on that poster mean?

stinkfist462
i dont know .... prolly some gibberish that makes no sense to us non kanji understanding people

Olivia4Orlando
It's Made in New Zealand!!! Go New Zealand

ancietwisdom
ninja I loved this movie!
I thought that Tom Cruise excelled in his performance!
Ken Wanatabe was unbelievable!
I loved the action, the story line, and the climax of the film.
I give it 5 stars out of 5!!!!!

?Have you people seen this movie????? If you havn't, you
should! big grin

Fitch
works...it's in the Moderately, Okay!

foxota5
i diddnt like it that much. i thought it was kind of silly that the end of the movie there has been almost no changes since the beginning.

i can see why people like it, i just think theres better kinds of movies in that genre...

marksida
definetly an awesome movie set in spectacular landscape
should have been nominated for more oscars

BakaXero
I liked the storyline

Shoukan
One of my favorite moviesthumb up

Be4
EDIT

Storm
One, this is posted in the wrong forum and two, illegal talk is not allowed here.

Kes
Moving to movie discussion and merging with the old thread.

Meant2be
I liked the movie although I'm not a Tom Cruise fan. The last scene was awful though. The movie should have stopped like 10 minutes earlier.

Rogue Jedi
i just saw the last samurai last night. IT WAS AWESOME.

eleveninches
It was a lot better than I had expected it to be.

SnakeEyes
Recently watched this film after not seeing it for a while.

I still like it a lot.

Great flick.

Dusty
It really is.

Mr Parker
I didnt think I would enjoy the movie since Tom Criuse was in it but his acting has really improved over the years and he has become much better since his Top Gun/Risky Business Days.Great story and very good performances in the movie.

bakerboy
Very good and epic movie. The performances and the story are amazing .

I think that tom cruise was a poor actor in his early days, althought his is movies were good, he wasnt that good. Until the color of money and rain man , he becomed a decent actor and since born of fourth of july, he becomed a good actor. I think that stay in movies with people like martin scorsese, oliver stone, paul newman or dustin hoffman helped him a lot.

Mr Parker
Yeah I think your right Bakerboy because yeah in the beginning when he did movies like Top Gun even though movies like those were good he wasnt good and that kind of made it less enjoyable but like you said when he started doing the color of money and rain man he started to become a better actor and when Born On the fourth of July came out,he had become a good actor and yeah I think your right,hanging around people like Paul Newman and Dustin Hoffman and Oliver Stone,he learned from them and became a much better actor.

Bicnarok

SpaceMonkey
I really liked this movie except for Tom Cruise. And I agree with Bicnarok, Tom Cruise should have gone out along with the other Samurai.... I think if it had been an actor with less ego it would have been better.

Solo
It's pretty good.

LORDSIDIOUS01
I loved The Last Samurai. Only Tom Cruise movie I have ever liked. Luv Ken Watanabe. He is one of my fave actors. He'll bring home an oscar, I do believe.

Mr Parker
I see quote a few other people here dont like Tom Cruise either. big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.