Surprises of EPIII

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

queeq
Will there be any major surprises. Lots of spoilers are out, it seems like we're getting the movie the way we want it, with alkl the elements always expected..... But sometimes I begin to wonder where the fun is in that. How do you guys feel about that?

yerssot
well, GL said there would be one major plottwist some time ago... well... could have been chuwie returning actually

Rogue Jedi
what do you guys think of the actress they got to play mon mothma?

Lucas Sucks!
hyper space said that anakin looses an ear.

Rogue Jedi
once was enough, dude.

finti
we probably will get some surprises, but with all this rumours flying I wonder some are made deliberatly to confuse.

Rogue Jedi
probably so......theres a lot of gray area between fact and fiction.

finti
thing is GL always liked to keep his card close to his chest, so I really dont understand the reason of Hyperspace besides the fact of earning more bucks. But I wonder if it is a Blue Harvest lurking somewhere

Rogue Jedi
conspiracy time.....

finti
yeah, from GL behaviour towards filming SW I feel something fishey about the whole thing.......hmm maybe a thing to post in the "fav conspiracy thread in GDFbig grin

Rogue Jedi
i dont know whether to love him or hate him.

finti
back to the balance thing again huh, no love without hate

Rogue Jedi
no dark without light.

yerssot
well, he isn't keen on giving the final dual away wink

Lyn
Mon Mothma, is she the chick from Ep6...
"Many Bothans died, to bring us this information"...that her??

yerssot
yes

Julie
so who did they get to play her....haven't checkout the SW site in awhile

Lyn
Thanx Yerssot thumb up

What role do you think she'd have in Ep3??

finti
Genevieve O'Reilly has been cast as Mon Mothma, on the casting list you also see the names of Padmes family(sister and Mother) maybe we see more of them

Lyn
Who played her in the OT??

I hope they show them, we didn't really see them only on DVD and stuff. I wanted to have those scenes at her house.

Hypernova
Lyn: Have you tried becoming a (paying member) of Hyperspace in the Starwars.com website? Would love to check out those webcam things.

finti
Caroline Blakiston played Mon Mothma in ROTJ

queeq
But seriously, there seems to be quiet a lot known. The only thing left to resolve is the ghost thing. GL said it would be explained a bit more, but then he also said that he would do that in AOTC. And that didn't really happen.

But lemme give the spoiler happy people a list of what appears to be confirmed and you'll see that we've been expecting this for quite a while:

1. Major battle at the beginning - end of clone wars
2. Anakin and OB1 fight in Clone Wars
3. Dooku dies early on in the film - leaving room for the new baddie: Vader
4. Anakin is scarred up, gets major scars on head and looses his hair (ESB!) as well as several other body parts (see X-Ray shots in ROTJ).
5. Sidious reveals himself (about time!)
6. Anakin has major fight with OB1 in lava environment
7. Anakin becomes Vader
8. Wookiees fight
9. Padme gets Anakin's kids
10. Mace dies
11. Chewbacca helps hide the kid(s) - probably only Luke
12. Empire is founded.
13. On the whole: lots of action, but moody, dark and pretty graphic at times

Seems like pretty much the story...

finti
guess this is all we get to know before the film premieres, cause we could actually guess some of those points listed because of OT

Hypernova
You sure # 11 may happen? Chewbacca doesn't seem to recognise them in AH

finti
spoilers please

imhotep

Hypernova
I do apologise for that finti...

finti
thats ok hypernova, there is a stickerpost in these threads that tells you how to post spoilers smilesmile

yerssot
queeq, you perhaps mean with point 4 in stead of ESB ROTJ?

Lyn
No actually I haven't Hypernova, the word "paying" discourages me wink stick out tongue Webcam things??

Btw, thanx for that finti happy

Hypernova
Yes, and set diary etc.

Would love to see snippets while Ep III is being made... and you only get the 5-day trial thing and doesn't really allow you access in all the good bits sad

queeq
Most of the things I listed is stuff reported to be shot or in snippets of script or from comments. And the bald and scarred Vader is both in ROTJ and ESB , yerss. So it's not so much just from OT. Chewie's role with the kids is newish and him not recognising Luke in ANH is probably because he's into the secrecy keeping of it all.

All I'm saying is: what more will we get? All they have to do is tie everything up to ANH: Bail Organa with Leia, Yoda's and OB1 going into hiding, wipe out of the JC. I mean, we can fill up the gaps... I'm just a little worried that EPIII may feel like a compulsory number. like we can go and see it with our checklist. Lucas still has to tie up a lot of loose ends.

yerssot
*smacks forhead* now I remember!

well, what if he just delivers the baby or so? he just remembers a baby, he needs a name before he can be sure it's the same kid

queeq
He definately knew OB1 then. But mind the spoilers yerss.

yerssot
done, and that's speculation, not a spoiler actually

queeq
Trust me. It IS a spoiler.

yerssot
I always trust you

finti
for the highest security reasons maybe Chewie never learned the name of the baby nor his employee of this delivering task

LanceWindu
I hope so, because Chewie in the OT keeping the secret that he knew Luke from the beginning would be too weird.

Lyn
Pictures huh?? Niiiiiiice. thumb up
I've seen a few from a link on one of these threads, pictures of Ep3 filming that is. There was a small one of Padme. happy

queeq
There are quite a few things weird in the OT considering the PT. Did any of you guys ever read that funny rewrite of the OB1-Luke convo on Dagobah in ROTJ... Where OB1 explains everything from the PT. Originally telling Luke Vader was his father and Leia his sister was the main shocker, but imagine OB1 telling Luke the rest: midichlorians, about how his father MADE 3PO and that Artoo accompanied his father on all his journeys as well, that his grandmother was married to Uncle Owen's father, that Anakin lived on tatooine as well... and all the other stuff. If you'd put all that in, ROTJ would become TOTALLY unbelievable.

LanceWindu
It would be weird, I have to hand you that.

BackFire349
ill be surprised if its good.

yerssot
ROTJ is already unbelievable stick out tongue

Ushgarak
Pretty much, yup...

finti
aint they all?

yerssot
yes, but ROTJ is rediculous unbelievable wink

imhotep
If you are referring to the Ewok incident, may I refer you to another movie quote: Galadriel (from Lord Of The Rings wich is like Star Wars in the midlle ages): Even the smalest of creatures can change the course of the future.

Anyway, there seems to be a whole lot of surprises coming from the set this weekend, I wonder if these tidbits of information will cease once the movie is shot?

yerssot
not only the ewoks, imhotep

imhotep
???? confused

What else? The Space battles, Yoda's death, the last Jedi showdown, The Emperors demise, Solo and Leia's love story, Luke telling Leia the truth about them and their parents?

Please, enlightn me

yerssot
the entire movie mostly... have to go off, have to play tonight, so if you want to know what I dislike about the movie, let me know tomorrow

imhotep
OK

Lyn
A lot of people seem to truly dislike ROTJ. I don't personally, it's one of my favourites
May I ask why??
Or perhaps why do all those things happening suddenly make it unbelievable??

LanceWindu
I love all the movies also, I just like ESB better.

Rogue Jedi
yes...ep.5 is the best one.

queeq
ESB rules! I doubt EpIII will top that.

ROTJ in my opinion is a bit unbalanced. That is probably why most people don't like it. I personally am not too fond of many things in ROTJ, however it does have the most emotional and dramatic lightsabre fight to date, I absolutely love Palpy in that movie, it has the best opening sequence of all films to date and basically I love all the scenes with Luke and Vader.
Solo isn't too good, very woody and it's obvious Ford didn't like his part much anymore. Leia looks a lot better (less clothing (stick out tongue) but acts worse... and then there are the Ewoks where opinions are divided.

yerssot
best opening sequence? that should go to ANH imho

Lyn
So by unbalanced queeq, you mean all the different things happening at once or...??

imhotep
I personnaly don't look at SW in a film by film perspective.
I try seeing the whole picturesmile
ROTJ suffers a bit from the time gap between movies. But on the other hand, Space batlles, great dialogues, saber fights...It also rocks!!

yerssot
time gap? one year!
ANH - ESB: 3 years or so

imhotep
No, three years for them all.
I checked ny VHS tapes

ANH 1977 (man that was a long time ago)
ESB 1980
ROTJ 1983

LanceWindu
yerss meant time that happens between the movies.

yerssot
oh, that time smile

well, you would think seeing the effects in ANH and ROTJ that they could have done the bloody rancor better!!

but, we should keep ontopic I guess

LanceWindu
Yes, back to Ep 3!

Or I will have to close this!

I let you get away with it so far, but we need to get back on topic.

yerssot
surprise...er...hmm... well... dooku dying that fast was a surprise!

LanceWindu
Yes it was.

yerssot
would be a surprise if aurra sing returns, finally getting an active role!

LanceWindu
I doubt it, even though we were promised her for Episode 2.

yerssot
better that GL makes up for it now wink

LanceWindu
If she's in at all it will be like in TPM, only an extra.

yerssot
perhaps SHE is the new baddie wink

LanceWindu
All the reports so far say HE.

imhotep
and you are still trusting the reports...???

yerssot
and you're also sure aurra is a girl? I didn't see much wink

LanceWindu
I trust the reports at first, but if more information comes in that makes criss-crosses information then I don't know what to believe.

Lyn
Aurra Sing??

LanceWindu
The red head in TPM during the Pod Race, you see her for about 2 seconds.

yerssot
me big grin

Lyn
Sorry Lance, don't know her...

Darth Hater
a question...

if this new villain is not a jedi or a sith,the how do they use two light sabers?

who trained them?

if not a jedi or sith,how did they get so good that they can use 2 light sabers??

i thought the light saber was a weapon of the jedi and the sith,how did they get a hold of A lightsaber let alone two??

finti
people can train saber swinging ob their own, guess light sabers can be bought. I mean as an example if you cleaned the arena after the battle at geonossis there must been some lightsabers after the slain jedis

LanceWindu
Yeah, there should have been a lot.

Ushgarak
Training is the larger problem. A lightsabre is rather impractical if you are not force senstive so one assumes this person is.

LanceWindu
It's possible the person has some force ability without realising it.

But a lightsaber is like a sword, you can learn to master it.

finti
I would say so, I cant see why you have to be force sensitive to use a lightsaber after all it aint nothing more than a sword. To use it affective against blasters though is a different story and I do see where the force would be a very handy ally.

LanceWindu
Same for me.

I understand how the force can aid your movements, but it doesn't control everything with the lightsaber.

Darth Hater
all you guys are totally wrong

this is from the official star wars data bank:

The lightsaber is the weapon of a Jedi, an elegant armament of a more civilized time. In comparison, blasters are crude, inaccurate and loud affairs. To carry a lightsaber is an example of incredible skill and confidence, dexterity and attunement to the Force.
Although use of the lightsaber is strictly reserved to the Jedi -- the only ones capable of handling the difficult weapon -- it is also used by their sworn enemies, the Sith.

not only do u have to have incredible skills and attunement to the force,but the lightsaber is strictly reserved for the jedi and sith because they are the only ones capable of handling a lightsaber

takin those FACTS into account,this new villain must be a sith or jedi(former)

and no,a light saber is not just a sword

guess i answered my own question sort of,lol

u can go to the data bank and read the rest about the lightsaber since i just provided the facts to my question

so now that the facts are out the way,who will this sith/former jedi be???

yerssot
nice "facts"... sw.c isn't canon

Darth Hater
thanks,and yes,if u wanna go by GL,they are facts

sw.c isn't canon<----------what the heck does that mean?????

LanceWindu
They sometimes have to make stuff up for the databanks.

I don't go by those unless they are in the movies, or if they are for EU details.

Darth Hater
lance,go to the official star wars site....go to THE MOVIES,and look up lightsaber

thats where i got it from

so i guess i am right because it is from the movies

go check for yourself

yerssot
no, you're not. simple as that

the movies itself (dvd or vhs) are canon
then the novels ("semi-canon" as in what the movies don't contradict is canon)
then the radio-dramas (only the OT ones are out)

ALL the rest is not-canon, that includes SW.C

and canon = what can be accepted as the truth and the only truth about what to believe about star wars
non or not canon = make ups by various autheurs, artists, ... which are NOT the "truth" and can even collide with the movies

Darth Hater
go to the official star wars site and see for yourself man

i'm right and you're just mad cause i am,haha

finti
well Han used the LS in ESB

Darth Hater
yea,to cut that creature open

not in a battle or duel

huge diff bro

finti
thing is he handled the blade so then can others. If you practise enough you get better

Darth Hater
ha,u serious?

no way man

like i said,there's a huge diff from usin it to cut somethin open and using it as a weapon to duel

like the official site says,only jedi's and siths can use a lightsaber.

yerssot
oh... glad you're here to tell me when I'm mad roll eyes (sarcastic)

see, it's the simple truth about what is and what isn't canon, stated by lucasfilm, now, if you don't like it, go and nag to them about you wanting to be right
if not, then you play by the canon-rules

Darth Hater
i sense anger,hate in you stick out tongue

yerssot
try again then, you're searching the wrong one

Darth Hater
anyway,who's the new villain?

its def a sith or former jedi

finti
the rumors says it is not a sith nor a jedi. As long as Dooku is there the new baddie cant be a sith because of the only two rule

finti
sw com also says the Stormtroopers are conscripts and not clones, but I dont know if that is the final say in that question

yerssot
checked again, if the new badguy is indeed in the Cartoon series AND weilding two sabres, it has to be Asajj Ventress confused
Durge doesn't have two lightsabres

EDIT: Sora Bulq is also an option, he once had two blue sabres

Darth Hater
the rumors says it is not a sith nor a jedi. As long as Dooku is there the new baddie cant be a sith because of the only two rule

good point

maybe if its true that dooku dies early,it could be a sith

sipho dyas??

i've always wondered about him.for him to be mentioned like he was,he must have some significance.the way windu and yoda look at each other when obie says he thought sipho dyas was killed 10 years earlier is very interesting.for him to be in the story,he must have an important part.he's so mysterious,we know nothing about him.its like they set it up so we can see him in ep3.

dont hang me for my idea,i'm just tryin to come up with somethin new.

queeq
Well? We know that so where is the surprise in that when we see the movie. He seems rather irrelevant to the entire saga from this point on anyway. He served his purpose.

So how well confirmed is the new baddie? Is this mere rumour or more than that? And couldn't the new baddie be a non-Force user? There have been non-Force using baddies before... (jabba, Boba Fett, Greedo).

I think Anakin is the only new baddie.

yerssot
no, just that ... fast...

well, haven't been on top things like that, though OB1 will fight four baddies who have weapons that match the lightsabre

Ushgarak
Exactly. It would be an entirely pointless weapon to use if you could not reflect incoming fire- why not use a gun like any sensible person would do? You would also be annihilated in close combat with the faster and predictive Jedi.

Lance and yerss are right about the canon thing, hater. In fact, the semi-canon ANH novel even states that Sabres were once more widely used in the Galaxy- and still are in some parts! I have always taken that with a pinch of salt but it still has a certain resonance (especially as when GL designed the lightsabre, everyone was using it, not just Vader and the Jedi).

It's not the concept of a 'mundane' using a lightsabre I have trouble with- it is a 'mundane' using one and being any kind of threat to a Jedi that I doubt!

Can anyone actually list any FACTS associated with this thing? queeq says he thinks there is only one new baddie- can anyone actually prove him wrong?

BTW, I believe the rumour said that it was not a Jedi RENEGADE, not a non-Jedi, didn;t it? So it could just be a perceptual thing- a Jedi who ends up doing bad things by accident.

queeq
Ahh.... but that doesn't sound very SW though.

finti
true USh they say he aint a jedi traitor he is, according to the rumored, to be part of a group that wear cloaks and have weapons that are effective against the jedi

LanceWindu
If the person wears a cloak then I don't know who he/she could be.

Only Sith and Jedi wear cloaks a lot.

yerssot
then this one occasionaly wears one wink

Lyn
Was Sipho Dyas mentioned in Ep1?? I don't remember ever hearing about him...or wasn't he in it ad Ob1 just spoke of him in Ep2??
Help... sad

Darth Hater
me either lyn,but if i remember correctly,there's a 3 year time gap between 1 & 2

so in ep 2,if sipho dyas was killed 10 years earlier,he must not have been in ep 1 at all

thats why its so interesting to me

why would they bring him up if he wasnt of some importance?

the way yoda and windu look at each other and when obie asks jango about sipho dyas makes me suspicious because they all acted weird when they were told his name

i dunno... any thoughts??

Lyn
Perhaps it wasn't Sipho Dyas at all?? Maybe it was someone pretending to be him?? I dunno...if he was evil they would have mentioned him. Maybe he was corrupt but not an evil jedi...??

yerssot
Sypho didn't got mentioned in EpI
and the time gap between TPM and AOTC is 10 years.

LanceWindu
You're way off there Hater.

The time between Episode 1 and Episode 2 is 10 years, that's how Anakin went from being 9 to 19.

Sypho Dias isn't in Episode 1, nor is he mentioned.

He could have been killed either just before, or just after Episode 1 for it to be 10 years since he ordered the clones.

yerssot
what's wrong with what I wrote Lance?

LanceWindu
Double post, sorry.

I must have been typing mine when yours was sent.

Darth Hater
You're way off there Hater.

lol,i was huh

i was thinkin about from ep2 to ep 3 and so on(4-5-6)

LanceWindu
From Ep 2-3 it is either 2-3 years, yes.

Ushgarak
So, all very interesting, but no proof as yet, yes?

LanceWindu
Proof for the years?

Or what?

Lyn
I dunno...are you referring to the Dyas guy Ush??

queeq
THere's no proof for anything in EPIII yet, but judging by the quality of the rumours with EPII, I tend to trust them.

Filming came to an end, people. Off to post-production.

Lyn
So how long do they do filming for?

Ushgarak
Huh, there is PLENTY of proof, things said directly by Lucasfilm and by people there!

But as I am talking about the new bad guy rumour which you deny, queeq, that comment of yours seems less solid...

queeq
Thing is... I hadn't heard about it. So I was just talking about the rumours I did know. Hence my question how substantiated it was. Some have more data or confirmations. in this case it seems there are baddies that attack (and maybe even kill) jedi, but we have no clue who or what they are. So that's still unclear.
After all, I doubt only Force users kill off 10,000 Jedi... it's obvious that others are able to kill Jedi. We saw that in EpII.

Ushgarak
Ahh, ok then. So. Is there any actual proof about this new sabre-wielding bad person? Or just interesting rumours?

queeq
I don't know. The first time I heard that was here. So tell me! big grin

Ushgarak
I was hoping all the other rumour junkies would fill us in...

The problem with these TFN insiders is that, virtually adjacent to each other, we have one talking of the scenes that Boba Fett has just filmed, and one saying there is currently no Boba Fett in the film. They can't BOTH be right... so on the whole, it would be nice to have some corroboration to these things...

queeq
Indeed. This is BTW what I found (and missed before) on TFN:

"Lets clarify a little about the "new bad guy" that is talked about in almost every chat. He is not a sith or a jedi traitor. He does wield at LEAST 2 lightsabers at the same time in combat. He has never been seen before (but keep your eyes peeled to the Cartoon Network). He is going to be cool as all heck, BUT he won't steal any thunder from when you see mechanical Darth Vader for the first time. "

But there's no response yet to this. Usually when the same report pops up two or more times it seems more credible.

LanceWindu
I don't know what to believe right now with that rumor, or the one about Boba Fett.

yerssot
or tarkin, heard several ones, saying he's in, or out, or an actor with a mask

LanceWindu
An actor with a mask just sounds silly.

yerssot
a "spy" from tfn said that

LanceWindu
I know, but I never added it to my confirmation list because it conflicts with other reports.

Rogue Jedi
are you sure he wields sabers?

LanceWindu
According to reports...yes.

Rogue Jedi
is this the same guy i saw in sw insider? he looks like a clone trooper on steroids.

LanceWindu
That must have been Durge.

He had a Mandalorian symbol on his armor right?

Rogue Jedi
yeah...and he was friggin; huge.

queeq
Rumours say Tarkin IS an actor with prostetics.

LanceWindu
Some reports are saying he's an extra with prostetics.

Others are going with both, saying that there is an extra with prostetics for far away shots, and an actor with prostetics for close ups.

yerssot
dunno what it is, but the pic on TFN makes me think he could be in it, though one could say that the timing is suspicious

LanceWindu
Who knows.

But this is the best info we have of him being in right now.

Lyn
Well doesn't he go into allegiance with Vader and the Emperor?? Maybe it's to help show this and link the trilogies?? Or to show how he and Vader came to know each other?? I dunno...

finti
Well in ANH he is title Gran Moff and I guess he is higly rated with the Emperor since he kind of holds Vaders leach and is the boss of DS. My impression is that he has a higher rank than Vader. Even though Vader force strokes one of the higher officers in ANH, his(Vaders) I dont care about Imperrial officers of higher rank attitude aint displayed in full until ESB.

LanceWindu
I think Vader is sort of a lackey for Tarkin, but once he's dead Vader gets to be more badass without a leash holder.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>