Least Required Sequel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

wicker_man
As most of you are probably aware the movie world is currently going through a sudden influx of movie sequels,prequels,trilogies and remakes. Some good,others not so good what i want to know is what you believe to be the most least required sequels,prequels and trilogy's that have graced our screens they can be as early as you wish and from any genre or franchise you wish,the ONLY rule is they need to exist.

To start the ball rolling here are my entries:

Jaws 3-D and Jaws 4
Halloween 2-5 and Resurrection
Friday The 13th 3 - 10 (I think that was the final one)
A Nightmare on Elm Street 2 - 6 (Again i think that was the last one)
Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection
An American Werewolf in Paris
Exorcist 2:The Heretic and Exorcist 3
Scary Movie 2
The Great Escape 2
The Birds 2
Psycho 2 - 4 (I dunno the final count)
The Omen 3
Darkman 2 & 3
Terminator 3:Rise of the Machines
Charlie's Angels:Full Throttle
The Italian Job Remake
Get Carter Remake
Psycho Remake
Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 & The Next Generation
Amytiville Horror 2 > ? (Again dunno the final score but there were quite alot)
Dumb and Dumberer
Poltergeist 2 > ?
Analyse That
2 Fast 2 Furious
Tremors 2 and Tremors 3
And The Rage:Carrie 2

happy kine
home alone 2 (and 1 for that matter)
ghostbusters 2
rocky 3 and on

yerssot
is Jurassic Parc 2 and 3 in the list?

basicly all sequels are worse then the first one, with some exceptions of course!

VanDean
Mad Max 3

Kes
I agree! Thou IMO the 3rd is better than the 2nd.

yerssot
the only thing I liked about the second one was the field with the Raptors
I completly disliked the entire story about the third! it was extremely bad! all imho-oc wink

though the graphics DO improve

Kes
I hated the 2nd. Its like this really bad Dino movie where the guy and girl are trying to protect the baby dino and the mum dino goes crazy looking for the baby. And all they have to do is give it back messed
I cringed when I saw JP2. And Julianne Moore is in it,she is great!I tend to like movies that have my fave actors no matter how bad it is and I didnt like this one.

wicker_man
Other sequels least required:
Cruel Intentions 2
Dr Dolittle 2
Dusk Till Dawn 2:Texas Blood Money
Dusk Till Dawn 3:The Hangmans Daughter
Night of The Living Dead Part's 2 & 3
and Children of the Living Dead

CapinJacksparow
hmmm.... i agree w/ some of your choices. i think that "babe 2: pig in the city" is the epitamy of bad sequels.

Hmm, TOMB RAIDER 2! go die!

chica16
legally blonde
T3
rocky 6!! wtf!!
i pray... i pray they don't f up indiana jones 4

BABOON
hmmm....while maybe they didnt need to make T3 it certainly is not one of the least required sequels because its actually a good movie... anywho i'd say Weekend At Bernie's 2 is probably the least required sequel ever.

BackFire349
all of them are needless, except T2 and anything that is part of a legit trilogy or series.

BABOON
good point...oh wait...ghostbusters 2 was necessary...Bill Murray rules!

kaz
any sequal that was not planned before themovie came out is un-needed. but rocky 3 was good, 5 was retarded though.

Kes
I still know what you did last summer sucks!
I've never seen the 1st but this one is so stupid messed

snlovergirl
the home alone sequels r horrible. i saw an ad for another one on tv the other day. it was called Home Alone: Taking back the house, or something like that. the promo was like "the traps are slicker and cooler!" then i see the ol' paint can come flying down and hitting the guy in the face like in the first one. french stewart plays one of the bad guys, oh yeah he did another bad sequel called Gadget 2 hmmm, and there was this other chick playing one of the robbers.

snlovergirl
oh yeah, i must add that they should not have made an American Psycho 2!

mardook
I agree on that one as well. Part 2 sucked! I rather liked part 3 moreso, I think it was because it didn't take itself too seriously and didn't end in a big way either. Speaking of that movie you mention with the babu brontosaurus. It was called Baby, they should that to us at school when I was like 8. Stupid rubber suit!

laughing

shadow link
i know this is a stupid q and will think its obvius if i get an answer

but wat does IMO stand for

shadow link
and with the least required sequels ill have to agree with whoever said babe 2

that was one of the worst movies ive seen full stop
and compared to the magic of the first one it was almost sickening

most of the scenes or actionj parts were on dark dirty streets or alley ways.and the first one was so good because of the bright sunny farm

shadow link
the most required 2,3 is of course LOTR and the matrix but they were obviously planned before the first of the series was even made

so they dont really count

although some scenes in reloaded were questionable asuming the Revolutions isnt stupid reloaded isnt the weak link in the chain so to speak even if there were some disagreemennts as to weather or not it delivered - it all hinges on revolutions

shadow link
but in my opinoin it delivered, but thats not wat were debating here so dont start arguing with me and getting further off track

shadow link
another required 2,3 in my opinion was back to the future although again im sure they were planned before any were made

shadow link
some others that are either being made or still on the cards that i doubt are needed

shrek 2

independence day 2

indiana jones 4 or watever it is

Ice age 2

cats and dogs 2 - the first was bad enough

and i dont know about pirates of caribean 2

shadow link
some movies they should and probaly will try to milk a 2,3 out of are maybe a toy story 3

shainghi knights/ noon 3

hmmm - x men 3

minority report 2/or not

Kes
Yeh thats it. My sister was watching it and we just looked a each other and started laughing our heads of! So lame roll eyes (sarcastic)

Kes
You think Minority report deserves a sequel?
Wasnt the 1st bad enough?
And a sequel how if they stoped using the triplets to see the future?

lukeyduckey
I loved the Home alone films.
Mine are T3, dont care what ppl say it was rubbish.
Anyalse That, first was good, second i wanted to give a freash one
Polic academy, dunno what one it was but it sucked!!
There are others but too sleepy, damn my sleeping disoorder!!

pablo007
Home Alone 3, Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle, Tomb Raider: Cradle of Life, Legally Blonde 2, X2 (It was very good but it wasn't necessary.)
American Pie 2 and American Wedding.

CandyKoRn
AP2 was ok .. they should have left it there, though.

pablo007
Well it's still way inferior to the original.

Kes
What are you talking about? Of course X2 was necessary. The director already had it in mind. The 1st was the set up, the 2nd is evolution (Jean into Phoenix or dark phoenix) and the 3rd is tha bomb! big grin

BackFire349
lets see, most needless sequels..god, so many to choose from... jeepers creepers 2, blair witch 2, queen of the damned, 2 fast 2 furious, soul survivors 2.... those are the worst ones...

Kes
Queen of the damned is a sequel?!blink

BackFire349
too interview with the vampire.

Kes
Really?! How is that?I thought they just used a very famous vampire name...Lestat.

lukeyduckey
Queen of the dammed was NOT a sequel to interview

CandyKoRn
It was a prequel(sp?)

lukeyduckey
If you say so

CandyKoRn
Queen of the damned is the story of lestat BEFORE Interview with the vampire...

Read the books.

Kes
Really?! But he's bad in Interview with a vampire and at the end of Queen of the damned he has the chick and he's good.

CandyKoRn
all I know is that it's before interview with the vampire...

It's like they got the whole star wars thing going on ..

if ya catch my drift.

BackFire349
sequel, prequel, whatever, its the worst movie ever made, period. its like a big long stupid irrelevant music video for wannabe goths.

CandyKoRn
lol.. there's a good soundtrack, though..

Some disturbed.. and lestats singing voice was done by jonathon Davies (KoRn)

BackFire349
yes i know, unfortunately thats not enough to make the movie watchable, it was so bad i couldnt even fall asleep in the theater because i was trying so hard.

CandyKoRn
LOL .... rude stick out tongue

BackFire349
yeah, it was rude of them to make me sit there and watch such a horrible atrocity.

Kes
laughing out loud
Oh well Interview with a vamp wasnt good either messed

CandyKoRn
!!!!!!!!!! KES!!!!!!

It was a GREAT movie!

HUMPFD!soggg

BackFire349
interview was a good movie, the only movie dealing with the homoerotic vampires that i actually liked.

Kes
It was boring has hell! Plus the story sucks messed
Just goodlooking guys!

BackFire349
well, i usually hate movies dealing with those vampires, but i really like interview with the vampire, i think its really interesting.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.