Has anyone noticed these mistakes in T2?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Evanescence
Here's what I've noticed.

When the bad terminator throws Arnie through the galleria window, if you look above the window when Arnie climbs back in it, there is an 'exit' sign. Was this window really a door?

When the bad terminator starts coming out of the floor as the security gaurd at the mental hospital, there is a row of about 4 chairs against the wall. Next time you see the wall, the chairs are gone.

When Sarah is sitting on the floor after running from Arnie and John, first she is looking at Arnie, then when John kneels down beside her, she's looking in another direction.

When John throws the metal part of the bad guy out of the car, you can see it's shape on the road. When the bad guy stands beside it, it has changed shape.

When Arnie fires the gun in the parking lot, and John tells him to put it down, he (John) picks it up by the butt a few seconds later. Wouldn't this be impossible, as it would be too hot?

When Dyson gets shot in the Cyberdyne building, he falls against a metal cabinet then to the floor. At first there isn't a lot of blood on the cabinet, then later on there is.

Towards the end, when Arnie shoots the frozen T-1000, it shatters twice.
Well, anyone who sees that bit will know what I mean. It's like there's another shot in there, and it breaks up again.

When the T-1000 is swimming in the metal stuff, he changes into Janelle. I noticed that is blade thing on his arm was on it's right arm, but Janelle/T-1000 killed Todd with her/it's left arm.

No of these are on the mistakes website. Has anyone else noticed them?

carnage713
ya most of the stuff is typical it takes a few times to notice it but wen u said the part were the t1000s arm(piece)of it was on the car and thrown back into the street it dont think it was a mistake it was meant to mold into his foot.

o kiMMii o
no ! lol

carnage713
what?

Evanescence
It just looked different, though.

carnage713
do u mean it shows the piece fall to the ground,bounce around and then stop and then wen it pans to the t1000 and bak to the piece it changed positions? cuz i actually noticed that to

o kiMMii o
i mean no as i didnt notice anything! lol....i dont really care about those things...its a brilliant movie so who cares he he .....

carnage713
true to that

Evanescence
Yes! That's exactly what I mean!

carnage713
ya i noticed that

Evanescence
Did you notice any of the other ones I wrote?

carnage713
ya most of those ive noticed seein it like the 3rd time around

DeNiro
when the T-1000 gets shot when he is frozen it looks as if the bullit flys into his stomch and then explodes once it enters that why i always thought it might look like it was shot twice

alic88
t2 has its fair share of mistakes. all the 3 movies do. u can find em all at

moviemistakes.com

yerssot
every movie has its mistakes, it's not the end of the world

alic88
YA! titanic has a record for most mistakes. MATRIX HAS ALSO GOT MORE THAN 100 MISTAKES. more than n e terminator movie lol

dulobast25
yeah, they all have mistakes, but it hink 2 and 3 have the most, beielve it or not even with the 100 mil and 170 mil budgets. but yeah term is higher quality than marttx..that pole was bending like a mother wasn't it.. and i could see the cardborad cutout of trinity falling off the building like 10 times in the movie...m1 was cleaner and better executed.

bad banana
When the bad terminator throws Arnie through the galleria window, if you look above the window when Arnie climbs back in it, there is an 'exit' sign. Was this window really a door?

Exit signs often are placed well before an exit as a means to guide people in the general direction. What is the point of having an exit sign right outside the exit if you've already found it?

When John throws the metal part of the bad guy out of the car, you can see it's shape on the road. When the bad guy stands beside it, it has changed shape.

The T1000 indeed is a shape-shifting machine...it's quite possible it may have changed shape.

When Dyson gets shot in the Cyberdyne building, he falls against a metal cabinet then to the floor. At first there isn't a lot of blood on the cabinet, then later on there is.

Dyson was shot multiple times by the SWAT team. I don't see why it's so hard to believe that he bleeds a lot...

Towards the end, when Arnie shoots the frozen T-1000, it shatters twice. Well, anyone who sees that bit will know what I mean. It's like there's another shot in there, and it breaks up again.

This is probably done for cinematic effect: the same bullet, but shown in different angles to emphasize how crucial it is.

When the T-1000 is swimming in the metal stuff, he changes into Janelle. I noticed that is blade thing on his arm was on it's right arm, but Janelle/T-1000 killed Todd with her/it's left arm.

Interesting point, I never had noticed that. However this may simply be an indicator of the T1000 ultimately failing to recall itself; thus you see its downward spiral from changing into human-esque appearances to smaller and more obscure bits of metal before it finally dissolves.
Terminator 2 has tons more mistakes listed on www.moviemistakes.com. Actually, the higher the budget of a film, the more prone it may be to "mistakes," which for the most part are just simple editing mistakes which they skimmed over and missed a small detail in the frenzy of putting a huge production together. Wouldn't you notice a pattern that "Titanic" and "Matrix" have some of the most mistakes posted?

alic88
ah forget about the terminator mistakes. i mean who on earth would notice these mistakes, EXCEPT THE DATES!!!!

dulobast25
yup we shouldn't pay attention to quality..that's the recurring theme here. we should ignore attention to detail...Detail is what the term movies embreace. Notice in t1 that dr silberman's beeprw goes off adn he turns to turn it off as arnie walsk in, thus never beleives the story or sees any evidenc until t2 and then after then traumatic expericne, sees arnold in t3 and takes off running? rmemebr he said that kyle paraniod deliusion is brilliant because it didn't rquire a shread of evidence..how these small details all add up..well sophisticated fans like skule and bad bannand and arbit notice these things. they are story telling devices and cameron as a thought provoked puts them there hoping to hone out your skills of detecting the miniscule intricacies..than is what fuesl fandom, but i guess we should just not do what fans do and not pay attention to small details..yeah that was a roach in my rasin bran...uhh who on earth would notice that......crunch!. F u c k that. I suppoer all of those hwo demand high stnadards out of good movie franchises

alic88
i m talkin bout the mistakes! especially the 1 in which the t1000 stabs the foster dad with the left hand but in the end v c him in his right hand. i mean thats a bit stupid. i mean, i feel frustrated that people talk bout this thing rather than just say all the lovely things bout the best movie of all times TERMINATOR2. i do pay a lot of attention 2 terminator movies. not as much as u all do but atleast i m trying. i never even watch a movie closely

alic88
i m talkin bout the mistakes! especially the 1 in which the t1000 stabs the foster dad with the left hand but in the end v c him in his right hand. i mean thats a bit stupid. i mean, i feel frustrated that people talk bout this thing rather than just say all the lovely things bout the best movie of all times TERMINATOR2. i do pay a lot of attention 2 terminator movies. not as much as u all do but atleast i m trying. i never even watch a movie closely xcept terminator movies. which is very rare for me. i just accept every movie just like that,never discuss bout it but its so different with terminator

bad banana
alic88, I don't think he was pointing out the mistakes to degrade the mvoie.

alic88
i think he said that i dont pay attention 2 the movies. may b i m wrong coz my 1 eye is swollen n i cant concentrate much lol. DAMN BEES

dulobast25
I like to put things in perspective. I have defended t2 adimately but frankly it had more mistakes than t1..I just want people to ralize that just becasue people like me like the real term movies better than the new term movie does not mean that we are bia laden and just want to hate thenew movie. I see the good and bad in all the term flicks and t2 being a damned good movie had it mistakes just like like t3, but not as many. However most of the things I think that are wrong about t3 were done deliberately...

alic88
like?

dulobast25
the talk to the hand was deliberate..the lack of cold feeling in the movie was deliberate,not an error. The fate is fixed theme was deliberate, the assasination of john connor was deliberate, the tx haveing a flamethrower and inspectoer gadget items was deliberate. The obvous toyota advertising was deliberate
calling the hk the t-1 was deliberate but was a bit of n oversight. adding the hydrogen cells was deliberate. putting ths star shades on was deliberate. "I am in charge" was deliberate. The exra long crane scene was deliberate. The cating the bullet in the teeth was deliberate. arnold not killing humnan was deliberate. Arnold telling john connnor he has the wrong guy is deliberate. the whold wemade out between kate and john was deliberate. I like your gun stuff was deliberate. the *** expansion was deliberate (cheesy and campy) the breaking and putting arnolds head back on was deliberate the whole i use to practice in it to make kate fly a plane stuff was deliberate. tx not using the semi truck was deliberate.
T hink these things were deliberate as was the lack of orig theme in the movie...all this was intention and was meant to be that way and i think those thinks among others are what most di hard fans would have changed about the movie.

alic88
they had 2 bring new stuff man. some things u r saying r fine like talk2thehand was silly, could have been like t1. but other things were cool, i think the flamethrower was cool. t-1 was cool, kate flyin a plane was stupid and arnie putting his head back on was stupid. but other than that it was cool

dulobast25
the t-1 should have been called something else and yeah talk to the hand was stupid...i realize they had to be creative, but some stuff should be sacred. The term shuold alwasy be cool, in style, hip just a little out of it, but never campy or silly else it detracts. The flamethrower was dumb becasue it i almsot completely useless, especilly aginst arnie and ther is little fuel storage and it's kinda inspector gadget and it's unlikey to kill a humn too.

alic88
u r talkin bout t-x's flamethrower right? well it did knock out arnie for a little time in the begining and gave tx time. and later tx had the chance 2 corrupt t850's systems by the use of flamethrower

carnage713
well txs mission was to kill jon and other leaders of the resistance and damn that thing had some range is she had that at the begining she cud have easily killed jon and kate. as far as fuel goes maybe fuel runs thro her endoskeletan like blood ruins through our veins

alic88
nah i dont think so. at the begining she used kate 2 find connor. she had many oppurtunites in that car chase scene but john connor did his job well. atleast he was dodging the tx and her 2 police cars throughout the car chase scene. he did sumthin atleast.

carnage713
o no doubt i was impressed by conner at times but i liked the flame thrower(corny) but i liked it. i liked the plasma cannon way better tho

alic88
if she had the plasma gun she could've killed john or kate at the particle accelerator. but it was damaged

carnage713
ya no one knows to much about the plasma gun

dulobast25
u r talkin bout t-x's flamethrower right? well it did knock out arnie for a little time in the begining and gave tx time. and later tx had the chance 2 corrupt t850's systems by the use of flamethrower

not true,

it was the reprogramming probe and the plasma cannon that knocked arnie out, not the flamethrower, we didn't rally see that until like the cemetary scene (around there). Corrupting with a flamethrower?
knockin arnold unconsious with fire? comeon?

Fuel running thur endoskeletion? comeon wouls never have a sufficient supply at her size and weigh and woul cause a slosh and balance problem..comeon.

the plasma cannon was way cooler!

alic88
oh ya sorry my bad. plasma cannon was very cool indeed. the way she was like CHARGING it was HOT

carnage713
ya i agree dulobast the flame thrower did nothing to stop arnie and really had no relivence to the txs character. the plasma gun was better

alic88
but what other secondary weapon can u think of other than the plasma gun?

carnage713
good question i really cant tjink of one.

dulobast25
that dumb blade that came out like inspector gadget. I think the plasma cannon and the hand would have been enough

carnage713
i agree plasma gun was good enuff

dulobast25
yup

alic88
if she had the plasma gun all the way jc would've been terminated. now v dont want that 2 happen do v folks?

carnage713
good ponit

dulobast25
not really, it takes time to convert from cannon to hand and back. It's a matter to getting a clean shot and for tx, it takes a while. the hand and cannon was enough

carnage713
well b 4 this turns into another tx vs t1000 lets just say the plasma gun was fine

alic88
ya i thought it was super cool

carnage713
itb was but we i wish we had better info on it

dulobast25
yeah, no more debates............?

alic88
in the begining it looked so cool when she was loading that plasma gun. for me the most original TERMINATRISH scene in t3 was when the t-x changes from scott to herself and u know it reminds u so much of the t1000. although I KNOW that if she hadn't she could've quickly killed her. THAT SCENE WAS VERY COOL. and of course the first endo scene

carnage713
those were good scenes

dulobast25
yeah. but what about t2 mistakes

carnage713
this aint a mistake but if n e 1 has seen the t2 special edition u will know what i mean. after the t1000 is frozen he begins to malfunction. basically from that point on whatever metal he touches the part of his body he touched it w/ looks exactly like it and kind of forms into it. the part wen hes walking and touches the rail that was painted black and yellow his hand turned black and yellow. then at the very end when he forms sarah and he calls for jon and jon walks up to her thinkin its his mom. then he notices that sarahs feet are metal and have formed into the metal floor. than he knew it was t1000. this part was just genius to me

Evanescence
The T2 special edition sucks though...its not the same.

alic88
IT DOESNT SUCK. NOT BETTER THAN T1. Y DO U ALL USE SUCH STRONG WORDS

carnage713
it doesnt suck but t1 special edition set high standerds for all special editions

alic88
i know but y the hell r u saying it sucks~

carnage713
well if ur talkin about me i said it suked a week ago cuz i cudnt get ne extras. now i can and it far from suks

Konjammenson
I for one HATE the special edition. The extreme dvd is one of the worst dvds ever put out (IMO). The added scenes change the story line. But I grew up with this film and it's been my favorite forever; so changing it at all will have a bitter effect I suppose.

Aside from the changed plot, the sound is a gobbled up mess. The Ulitmant Edition DVD has the sound perfect. In the Extreme edition I believe they tried to juice it up by making gun shot sounds more powerful and what not. But it doesnt fit, it sounds out of place.

The packaging is an un-godly creation as well. The terminator on the cover looks cheap and retarded.

Anyway, the mistakes are intersesting to look at. But who cares? This is one of the greatest films EVER MADE.

TheFilmProphet
Exactly, that is what it all comes down to in the end.

vvvrulz
The only thing that matters.

TheFilmProphet
Exactly

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.