Review : Cabin Fever

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BackFire349
I'm sure im not alone when i say that this movie looked very cool to all of us horror fans. It seemed to be a movie made just for us, low budget, hot chicks, that guy from boy meets world, and other factors. Unfortunately, im having trouble deciding whether or not it delevered in all of its aspects. It was definately entertaining, but... it just seemed to deveate from its plot a bit too much.

The story is as follows, a group of teenagers rent out a cabin in the woods near a small country town. They encounter a man who is obviously very ill, they end up chasing him away in fear that they will catch whatever horrible disease he has. Of course, they do, and the rest of the movie displays their emotional and moral termoil after they are one by one infected.

This plot is fully realized about half way through, and what i mean by that is, you basically know for sure that tehy will all catch it eventually, its only a matter of time. So they have to keep you motovated to watch and enthrawl us with something... well...enter the cliche demoralized hicks who hear that the kids are sick, tehy go after them with the intent to kill...anyways... i wont say anymore, but the movie definately gets a bit wacky, and at times it is more funny then anything, which is too bad, because it has a very overwhelming atmosphere that was broken during these silly moments. but i do always like a movie that doesnt take itself seriously, so i cant hold it against this movie.

The characters are all basically cliche recycles of normal college reterick. a big tough guy (seemingly a jock with below average intelegence) a blonde hair blue eyed self infatuated pretty boy, a hot slutty chick, and a hot moral chick, and of course, the calm rational guy who everyone kinda picks on for not being as masquline as the others... in the first 2 minutes of the movie it is made very obvious who each character is.

The movie as a whole, is good, it has some very creepy gory neat scenes that will make you cringe, but it also has some scenes and ideas of an extremely ridiculous nature (the kids have a fully loaded rifle, but they have trouble killing a simple dog somehow). it also has some very deliberately funny scenes that will make you laugh your ass off. Basically, its a movie anyone will probably enjoy to an extent, if you can forgive certain inconsistancies and some ignorant choices. If you need more explanation, think of it as a combination of Deliverance, outbreak, and evil dead, with some scary movie type humor right out of the wayans bro's book. a good watch, but not quite what i was expecting.

7.5-10

silver_tears
ive seen the movie and i was disappointed with the ending
it was quite interesting but hard to follow at time stick out tongue

BackFire349
ah come on, i went to alot of trouble to post a good legit review for this movie, no one even replied except ST. boo hoo

diegocala
Well, I was going to wait for the DVD on this one but after that review I will give it a shot in the theater...thanks BF!

BABOON
hard to follow? what do you mean..seemed like a pretty straight forward movie to me.

silver_tears
its hard to follow because they dont explain the most important things like where the thing comes from and such big grin
i thought it could have been better but it was pretty good big grin

silver_tears
oh so im not good enough stick out tongue

DemonicGambit
Good movie, very graphic. An' as for it not explainin' enough, yeah that was true. But then again Night Of the Living Dead never explained anything

BackFire349
actually it did, just in a realistic manner.

ThuggnBLUE
The girl in the bathtub that was shaving her legs...That scene made me cringe SOOOO bad. The ending scene (with the dude running out of the cabin) was funny as hell big grin

MissMyMy
well, thatz good

silver_tears
yea the legs part was so nasty sick

BackFire349
that was the only good part.

I_LUV_Movies
i just watched that movie... it was disturbing... and yeah that leg shaving part was nasssty... but it seemed to lack something.. and Why did that main guy go so crazy all of a sudden? why did he start killing everything ? I guess it was a good enough movie tho.. i wouldnt reccomend it as a Movie theater movie... i coulda definitely waited for video

islandhail
i agree, i could have waited for the video. not a bad movie, but not the best one either. had some good parts that would make someone cringe. it also was confusing at times. overall worth 3 bucks to see, but not much more.

Discos
This movie was s pathetic, they couldn't even keep the storyline together and the acting was farely poor also. God could they make the bit when the only survivor went back to the cabin and started saying"I lived...I lived..." then gets shot down by 2 rangers with lots of firepower...yeah"

Darth Vicious
I just seen this movie on DVD and it was an ok movie, the slutty girl was hot and the lysterine part was funny as hell, it wasnt that bad but not too good either!

MCElite
Me and my friends thought it was lame - it was indescribably bad where did it come from? why did the guy go crazy and start killing people? how come they had unlimited ammo? what was in the box the hillbilly was carrying? and the karate pancake kid what was that????? why did the shopkeeper want an all black society and how would giving black people guns protect them from the infection? the original kids had a gun! there was so many places the film could have been made good and it just became even more rubbish - it wasn't scary just gross re legs bit and the dog bit @ the start ......

Punker69
Yeah i WANT to see it it looks awesome me being a big horror fan.

MCElite
i thought that but it was more gory than scary (especially the leg part why - why would she do that?)..... i spose it just depends whether you like gory movies or creepy mind game movies personally im a creepy fan meself big grin

Ikobe
Cabin Fever makes Gigli look good.

Lousy! Yay! Flealove and snootchy-bootiches (:

MCElite
My name is LUCY!!!!!! Not freakin LOUSY!!!!! LAOOOOOOCY!!!!!!

Linkalicious
this movie was sick...it twisted my stomache and made me not want to touch another woman for the rest of my life...Shame on this movie...shame on it and the silly producer who created it...

spookey
hahhaah linky...........i threw up in my popcorn box at that scene.......Girls at least we know we are safe with linky.........hahhahah

Linkalicious
yes safe indeed evil face

spookey
that evil face scares me..................

Kes
Ppl reviews only.

lethargic rambler
My mother-in-law gave me this watch last night, here's what I thought: -

Good points: The storyline had loads of potential though

Bad points: The acting was poo, the stereotypical characters, the odd meandering from the plot line, the embarrassing amount of times they showed that girl drinking the infected water with creepy music playing (just so the thick members of the audience would get the fact that its not a good idea), the strange fact their car wouldn't start cus they smashed the bodywork and windows in, the strange lad Dennis (wtf was that?), etc etc.

Overall: Great idea, poorly executed. 5/10

BarmyBrummie
1 thing i really hated about this movie was the amount of swearing. Now i don't give a damn about that really but there was soooo much swearcing in this movie it was laughable. I can't remember 1 sentence when someone didn't say phuck or shit, it was ridiculous, not even eminem or chubby brown swears as much as them laughing out loud

mechmoggy
You should visit a factory shop floor, language like that is the norm. embarrasment

ladygrim
to me this sounds like 'the hole just with a hut 'c

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.