The Jedi Code

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dim
Apparently, according to the new spy reports, Padme and Anakin talk about the fact that Jedi aren't allowed to married.. If you remember, One of the Jedi council is supposed to actually have serveral wives..I think it's Plo Koon but I can't be sure..I looked at his bio on the official site and I can't find were it mentioned it now..

Do you think GL's changed the story on this?

Jedimaster3838
That could very well be true. I remember hearing about Plo Koon having several wives but if what you say is true then I guess Lucas has changed his mind again. I guess the whole marriage thing is just another aspect of the wedge driven between Anakin and the Jedi.

finti
Have you tried ep1 insider guide, they have info about persons in sw saga

Raz
Its Ki Adi Mundi who has several wives
Heres the info: Also note he is the only one on the council who is not a Jedi Master. Maybe its only Jedi Masters who aren't allowed a partner. That could be the reason they decided not to make him a master.

Theres a ton of info on Ki Adi here: www.starwarssource.net/BC...mundi.html

According to that page, the reason that we saw Aurra Sing on Tatooine (in EpI) was because she was on her way to kill Jedi Master Sharad Hett.

finti
Thanks Raz what an cool site. Who is behind all this and is it the real thing? (not EU stuff).

queeq
Cool info. Frankly I doubt GL changed his mind on this. The wedding was one that we have seen coming for quite a while. He must have thought of Anakin's wife while writing Ep1, he should bring forth children right. And he needed stuff that would drive that wedge. Anakin's infatuation with Padme (maybe as a replacement for his killed mother) must always have been a crucial things. Ki-Adi not being a Master might be the solution.

queeq abides

Ratcat
I think when he was writing Ep4-6 the idea of Anakin not marrying the mother of his children whilst not an ideal was still accepatble.

With the 90's/2K PC attitude to marraige it may be that GL feels morre socially obliged not to portray an illigitemate beginning for the Skywalker twins.

Darth Gehenna
laughing out loud laughing out loud
Luke and Leia as bastard children, that would be funny.

Dim
Well...apparently this is going to be a SECRET WEDDING (funny...I seem to remember saying something about this 6 months ago laughing out loud ) Because it looks like GL has probably changed his mind on this... because I know that the Official Site used to have that info..and it's definately not there now.

queeq
Yep, but it's in all th rumours now. So I guess that's on.

queeq abides

Ratcat
Rumours make the world go round.

finti
If that was a fact the world would spin so fast we would be dizzy.

Darth Daft
But surely there are more facts than rumours.
Ah, who cares.

Anyway, has anyone thought that perhaps Anakin may become a rogue Jedi at some point? Perhaps he will kind of run AWOL on the Jedi Knights just before he turns to the Dark Side. He could get married at this point.

queeq
That may be exactly what will happen. Either before or after the wedding.

queeq abides

Dim
Hmmm, that's hard to say..I don't think I even have enough info to even make a good guess. laughing out loud

Jedimaster3838
I like the idea of Anakin being a Rogue Jedi. Perhaps when Obi-Wan finds out about the marriage he tells Anakin he must choose between the Jedi and Padme. Anakin then chooses Padme and thus begins his hatred of the Jedi.

queeq
And then? Then what will happen? Tell us JM3838, I can't bear the tension. Will he turn to the Dark Side? Will he? laughing out loud

queeq abides

Jedimaster3838
I don't know, but I got this funny feeling that Anakin will be alright. He'll turn back and he and all the Jedi will live happily ever after smile And I can't explain it, but for some strange reason I think that Chancellor Palpatine and Darth Sidous are the same person, I know it seems unlikely, but I just have this weird feeling, what do you guys think? smile

queeq
Wow, and I bet you got all these major spoilers from GL's right hand: Supershadow. I'm impressed, I'm going to hang out with you a little longer. laughing out loud

queeq abides

Jedimaster3838
What can I say? I am people who know people smile

queeq
I'll definately hang out with you some more so you can introduce me to them. laughing out loud

queeq abides

Ratcat
queeq, stop canvassing for friends. laughing out loud

I'm not convinced on this no Jedi marriage thing. Mundi appears to be married and I'm sure Yaddle and Yoda see a little action together.

JediSith
It's probably Padawan that are not allowed to marry. Once you reach a certain level where Love and kids and all that won't distract you from what you have to do, it's okay. This explains Ki-Adi-Mundi.

finti
So jedis can sort out there feelings for wife and kids, they dont want REVENGE if they got butchered?
A wife and kids will allways be a distraction regardless jedi or not.

Jedimaster3838
By that standard though anything could be a distraction. If I had a really good friend and they were butchered, I would want revenge as would most people I'm sure.

finti
Why are your posts back to one jm3838?

Jedimaster3838
Good question, I just noticed that myself. Can anybody help me out on this, I was on my way to 400.

Ratcat
The low post JM3838 is a global account but the original JM3838 is a local account.

JM3838, did you recreate your account a global?

Gundark
I don't think there will be a "wedding" persay...I think they will elope..just a brief marriage ceremony.

queeq
As for the revenge and friends argument: we see that happening in TPM, don't we. But then women are different than friends, they nag, they want you to come home on time and not waste time with your Jedi friends. So yes, I think GL has a point with the 'no-marriage' clause. laughing out loud

queeq abides

finti
Yeah Anakin turn to the dark side because he had to do the dishes twice a week..laughing out loud

queeq
And because he has to breastfeed the kids. laughing out loud

queeq abides

Dim
Oh yeah...I can really see that happening..wink

JediOasis
Or maybe Anakin goes to the Dark Side cause he forgot to take out the garbage. That makes women more upset than anything else. smile I swear, if I had the Force I'd be a Sith by now just cause women are too much trouble. But like a wiseman once said "can't live with them, can't live without them..."

finti
Try and leave the toilet seat up EVERY time. If you want to bug a woman try this one out. smile
Back to topic. I think Jedis may marry if they choose to. Maby Padme and Anakin are a modern couple and deceide not to marry. Just roll a little in the hay.

Gundark
Ahem, if you gents are done babe-bashing, we can get back to the topic. laughing out loud As for Padme & Anakin being "modern" and not getting married, I don't think George will go for that. I think the council will forbid Anakin to marry (just another council order that frustrates him) and they sneak off. The secrecy will only strengthen their love and commitment to each other, which will make Anakin's ultimate downfall only that much more tragic. I also think Anakin will confess the marriage to Obi Wan at some point, but I doubt the council will find out until the end. The only other one that will know will obviously be Palpatine.

finti
I really need to learn how to spell maybe, working too fast over the keyboard.smile I still kling to that a jedi may choose his way of life. Qui-Gon was interested in who Anakins father was so I guess the force is passed on by parents to their children. Unless they (the jedis) live a life unappropriated to certain moral standings they must be allowed to marry in order to have kids. (opposite of modern life).!! big grin

queeq
I liked the babe bashing better. laughing out loud

queeq abides

finti
Yeah I bet you do! smile

queeq
But then again, so did you. laughing out loud

queeq abides

finti
Your insights serve you well!

queeq
*Han Solo voice* I know...

queeq abides

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.