No major cliffhangers George...please!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Boshuda
I hope George hasn't got any major cliffhangers lined up for the end of EPII! I couldn't bear the thought of waiting another 3 years for EPIII with massive plotlines unresolved!!!

Ratcat
But that's gonna be the fun bit, and the speculation over whatever cliff hanger we see will be fabulous.

IGOTMYBEAT
I hope there IS a BIG TIME cliffhanger and I hope none of these spies have got a hold of it yet...although if they did, I'd eat it up!

Still, I'd like to be surprised.

Ratcat
I just want loads of meaty stuff to speculate over on my site between 02 and 05

Boshuda
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I cant bear the agony!!The waiting..gibber..wretch.....

Boshuda
oh..okay then!

theEviljedi
But that's what added to ESB's greatness.

Jedimaster3838
I wasn't around between ESB and ROTJ, seeing as how I was born in 1982, but I think that the suspense would have killed me. Part of me wants there to be a big cliffhanger, but I lack patience and the wait would be too much to bare. But really, how bad could the cliffhanger be....I mean, we know the end result.

theEviljedi
I would love a cliffhangar. When I first saw Star Wars, I already knew Vader was Luke's father.sad At least I didn't know Leia was his sister.

Dim
I'm with Boshuda. I think I'd have a heart attack if I had to wait 3 YEARS! laughing out loud

Gundark
I read something a long time ago...(hehehe) that at the end of a premier of ESB, somebody stood up at the end in the theatre and shouted "START PART 3". It turned out to be Issac Asimov. Cool. smokin'

I sat there and stared at the screen as the rebel fleet moved away from the camera with my jaw lying on the floor. I couldn't believe it ended like that. You people have no concept of the word "wait" when its thrown in your face like that. I thought I was gonna bawl. laughing out loud I was back in line for the 5:30 show the same day. evil face

Ratcat
I want the three year wait, not just for the websites and the forums but because I still remember what it was like to wait for ROTJ and how exciting it was to see all the pre amble like Anthony Daniels on Breakfast TV with the very first showing of a scene from the movie. It was Threepio and R2 at the doors to Jabbas palace.

This all happened only weeks beofre the release of the movie.

Nowadays, with the Internet and those pesky Star Wars webmasters (ahemlaughing out loud ) out there we have already seen so much and also so little. It's a completely new experiences even for the old folks in their 30s like me.

queeq
I think there's going to be a great cliffhanger: Will Anakin turn to the Dark Side? laughing out loud

I think EP3 is going to be the best of the PT, IMHO OC.

queeq abides

Ratcat
It's gonna be hard to do that, but they have to. We basically know how things must end up in Ep3, but how that journey is played out will be the thing.

queeq
I agree. But the problem with the PT is that there will be hardly any major surprises with future consequences. There is only the "HOW".

queeq abides

Ratcat
I think that was what I just said. Hmmm. Confused from England. smile

queeq
I'm sorry I agreed with you.

queeq abides

Ratcat
Just eat your cookies and we'll agree to agree.

Gundark
I'm with RC...the "how it happens" is just as suspenseful as "what happens"...maybe we should send GL some vitamins to be sure he stays healthy to finish ep3. laughing out loud

theEviljedi
Palpatine: Anakin,I am your father.
Anakin: No!!!That's not true...that's impossible.

Hopefully we won't see anything following those lines.roll eyes (sarcastic)

Dim
Yeah...that wouldn't be good laughing out loud I bet Padme gets kidnapped or something..

queeq
Well, that was the general idea. Wasn't it?

queeq abides

Ratcat
I don't think we'll see EpII end with her kidnapping unresolved. That would be too close to being like Hans capture by fett for my liking. Need and original cliffhanger.

Darth Daft
Gawd, all our suspense and speculation for Episode 2 and yet TPM didn't even end with a cliffhanger. With a cliffhangar at the end of Episode 2 it will indeed be an even bigger wait for Episode 3!
I so badly hope that Episode 3 rolls into the sequel trilogy well and has some sort of really cool unexpected plot twist that affects the way we watch the OT. That may be one reason why GL wanted to do the PT afterwards. Like for instance, the ways we will look at Darth Vader and Boba Fett.

Ratcat
I can't see that happening. Episode-III will finish still at least 15 years shy of Episode-IV probably more.

Jedimaster3838
I agree DD. I hope something happens so that when one of the characters from the PT says something in the OT we think something totally different than what we originally thought. Why does Vader say to Boba Fett "no disentracrations?" There has to be a reason for that. Maybe Jango or a young Boba does this to a Jedi and Anakin see's it. Plus, Obi-Wan always seemed like he was hiding something, that whole "certain point of view" always gets me. Why isn't Naboo or Padme ever mentioned in the OT? There has to be a reason for all these things.

queeq
It wasn't invented when the OT was made. And the "no disintegrations" thing is odd, I guess that's just the quick and easy way to get your money. Catching someone alive is more troublesome.

What would be neat if someone would say building a space station the size of a moon is impossible. And then we cut to Ep4.

queeq abides

Ratcat
Even better if they say that building a battle station the size of a small moon would take over 15 years.....

Gundark
I just really really want to see Vader in ep3. In all his great evilness. evil face

queeq
That goes without saying.

queeq abides

Ratcat
No it doesn't, she daid it...

I hope we see a version of Vaders suit that is totally recohnisable as Vader but kinda looks less techie.

queeq
She said it, but she has been know to be redundant... from time to time. laughing out loud

I like to see a young and agile Vader all suited up.

queeq abides

finti
Yes I want Vader, want to see him hunt down some jedi`s.
Obi -Wan sure was familiar with the name Vader in ANH, so I will guess Vader is introduced in ep3. Read some place that James earl Jones had a contract for ep3. Mayby I dreamt it, but it feels to real for that.

Jedimaster3838
Yeah, in an interview he said that he asked Lucas if he would be needed and Lucas said "yeah, for about 5 mintues" So my guess would be that Anakin becomes Darth Vader before suiting up. He is probably already Vader when his and Obi-Wan's duel takes place.

Boshuda
Yeah..but Vader's not Vader without the suit!! I'm in eager anticipation for that scene more than any other!!!!!

I can picture it now........

We hear the Imperial march strike up slow and moody....

Through the mist of the rejuvination chamber a hollow rasp is heard, like the laboured breathing of some mechanical beast......

A massive, metal clad figure of medieval horror steps toward the camera....

The dark lord of the sith speaks...."What is thy bidding,my master?"

Gundark
Stop it ! Stop it! You're driving me crazy !!! laughing out loud

Ratcat
Remember, in between Episode-III and Episode-IV there will be many years of imperial growth in which time Vader, as the Emperors Emmisary of Evil, will oversee the galactic spread of the Empire.

I'm sure he'll make a name for himself doing that and therefore OB1 will become familiar with his attrocities.

queeq
I must disagree, RC. I think Vader/Anakin will be first and foremost Palpy's henchman. He doesn't rise to great power until ESB. Notice that Tarkin was still 'holding Vader's leash' in ANH. I guess that was a reference to Vader being important, dangerous, but not in the highest place of power in the galaxy. I think people like Tarkin were and Anakin was important to ward off the only power that threatened Palpy rule over the galaxy: the Jedi.

queeq abides

Ratcat
I don't agree, Vader is the right hand man to Palpatine. Tarkin is foremost a politician, whilst Vader is a doer.

It's Vader who boldly struts onto the captured diplomatic vessel, where;s Tarkin? On the deathstar wearing carpet slippers.

If anything, they hold equel power in ANH, Tarkin from the political arena and Vader from the military one.

Gundark
RC, your last statement was excellent. I think you hit the nail on the head there. But I think James Earl Jones needs more than 5 minutes of dialogue for epIII. sad

queeq
RC, what you just said confirms my statement really. Vader is out there doing the dirty work, while the people in power are comfortably in their ivory tower. Tarkin was gouvernor, but obviously also a military commander. Possibly orginally a general in the republic. Why else would Palpy assign a political gouvernor as commander of the largest battle station ever contructed?
From ANH it is clear Tarkin supercedes Vader. Vader does not get to command a large military power until ESB.

queeq abides

COREWORLD
Going back a few posts to the part about Boba Fett, well what if it is he who teams up with Vader to terminate the jedi? After all, he witnesses his 'father's' demise at the hand's of Mace Windu in Episode II, and i'd like to lay a hefty wager that it is he who kills Mace in III, i know i may be reaching here because he'll only be about fifteen years old in III, but i have a strong feeling about this.

Dim
Well it does seem fairly certain that Vader and Boba Fett develop some type of relationship..but I think details are too sketchy to make a wager yet laughing out loud

JediOasis
I think that Vader will kill Mace Windu. I think Mace will be the last Jedi, well, so Palpy and Vader think. Even though I think they know that Obi-Wan lives, they just assume he is too distrought to do anything about the Empire becoming what it became. I could see Vader standing over Windu and saying "With you dies the Jedi order. The Sith rule the galaxy now!"

Gundark
Then plunges his lightsaber in Mace's chest to the hilt. Cool. smokin'

finti
Perhaps, I always wondered why Darth felt Obi-Wan`s presence on Death Star in ANH, but it seems it doesen`t work the other way around.

Gundark
I think Ben did sense Vader, he just didn't say anything to Luke and Han. Too much explaining to do. After he deactivated the tractor, you could tell by the look on his face he sensed Vader, and at one point pulled out his lightsaber hilt.

finti
Yeah I guess you are right, only guessing though.smile

COREWORLD
This sensing of each other's presence through the force must only work in close proximity, otherwise Vader would have sensed Obi-Wan when he was in orbit around Tatooine in ANH.

finti
Goes without saying!

COREWORLD
Ah! One of my speciality's: Stating the obvious! smile

Darth Daft
Gundy, if you think about it, 5 minutes is actually quite a lot of dialogue when split into lots of different lines. I think Vader will have quite a good few lines to say when he wakes up in his suit.

Gundark
Well, gosh golly gee whiz, I hope so. (Sniff)sad

Thanks, DD, you made me feel better. smile

queeq
It's true. I don't think Vader has much more than five minutes of lines in any of the OT movies.

queeq abides

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.