c-3po

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Hater
seeing the new pics of 3po from episode 3 makes me wonder...

how does he get his gold shell?

why is his memory cleared and who does it?

and why is that in ANH,owen lars doesnt say,hey,i remember you c-3po.you used to live with us.

LanceWindu
The gold coating will probably happen off screen. It most likely happend after Episode 2.

Memory wipe will probably happen towards the end of Episode 3, who does it is still in question right now, my guesses go towards Obi-Wan.

Owen may have forgotten Threepio or just forgot his name, and he doesn't recognize him with the gold coating, there are lots of protocol droids that look and sound the same as Threepio.

yerssot
lance gave my answers sad

Darth Hater
whats the point of havin a non gold 3po if you're not gonna explain how he got the gold shell

he's just gonna go from the metal color to gold?

there has to be a reason why.i mean,they must explain why

if not,then why not have him gold the whole time

wow,a whole race of fruity sounding droids?
scary stick out tongue

Darth Hater
and why might obie erase his memory?

because of vader?

and this is off topic,but if obie is erasin stuff,why didnt he change luke's last name?
of course vader will know thats his son.he has his last name(former)

LanceWindu
I say Obi because C-3PO could give away crucial information on accident.

Obi probably didn't want to change Luke's name because he loved Anakin and wanted his son to have the same name.

Baylin
Why do some people have to questions things. It just is, so deal with it! stick out tongue

yerssot
perhaps OB1 planned Luke meeting Vader and such all along... that's why he needed the last name so Vader could know it was his son and tempt him

Darth Hater
good points lance and yers

Lyn
Everyone's been telling me how Luke was their last hope. Leia was a "backup" mad
So they hid Leia's identity because she wasn't as strong with the force as Luke was...Luke's name was kept because firstly, it is his name and secondly yes, Yerssot, perhaps to taunt Vader.

yerssot
I didn't mean it as to taunt vader, jus so that vader would in the end found out about him and knowing it's his son he would tempt him to the dark side, so Luke had to become a jedi in the end

LanceWindu
Leia's name was changed because she was adopted.

yerssot
yeah, because she was the backup

Lyn
Ohhhhh, Ok. Oooops. Sorry people.

LanceWindu
It's fine, you're just stating your opinions.

Lyn
Yeah, WRONG opinions... laughing

LanceWindu
No they're not.

Lyn
Well it was, because I took what Yerssot said the wrong way. Nvm...

LanceWindu
What he said is an opinion also, it's not right or wrong.

Lyn
Yeah, I know...It's just I made a fool of myself. stick out tongue wink

LanceWindu
No you didn't.

Stop being hard on yourself.

Darth Hater
oh you two,stop flirting stick out tongue

LanceWindu
I'm not flirting, I only flirt with women whose ages I know.

Darth Hater
lol

very true...u have to be careful these days

but back to the topic at hand

i think it was lance that said that owen wouldnt know 3po because he has the gold shell and they all sound the same...well,um,how come he didnt notice that his name was c-3po????his name never changes.so why wouldnt he remember somebody he lived with?

LanceWindu
He may have forgotten Threepio or he was losing his memory by the time on Ep IV.

Lyn
Flirting?!?!
Honestly....where would you get that idea...stick out tongue wink

Maybe Owen just forgets or he just doesnt WANT to remember.

Darth Hater
love your signature's lyn

great quotes thumb up thumb up

Lyn
Well then you should send your praise to Hypernova. She made them and I asked if I could have one. She's made a couple, they're really good. I love the quotes, Ep2 is my favourite.

Darth Hater
maybe he knows but wont tell luke because he cant unless he wants to reveal who his father is

Lyn
Yeah, Owen & Beru want to hide the Jedi stuff from him.

yerssot
this reminds me, I checked the pics, not sure what lance said about 3PO and his silver leg anymore, but he's all golden at the moment

Lyn
So does he have silver on his leg or not?? confused

LanceWindu
In Ep 3?

I don't know.

Lyn
But eventually, in the OT, he does??

LanceWindu
Yes in the OT he does.

yerssot
haven't rechecked the pic, lance?

LanceWindu
No.

yerssot
well, ... believe me, I didn't saw a silver leg wink

LanceWindu
Ok

Lyn
Now I'm curious, I'll go looking...if I see a pic-I'll post it.

Clone Trooper
Well I think the reason C-3PO gets his gold plating is because he is ani's work and well ani is one powerful bad@$$ so i guess he gold plates him and erases is memory beacuase he wants a droid that looks great i guess.

yerssot
then he should recognise 3PO in the OT, which he didn't

Lyn
So if even his MAKER didn't recognise him, those droids must be very common.

yerssot
they probably are,
*shivers at thought of all of them having a nag-voice*

Rogue Jedi
3po's voice is one in a million...i wouldnt forget it. its like watching "the nanny"

yerssot
*shivers at the thought of fran dressher's nasal voice being the new voice for the 3PO-units*

Clone Trooper
Well that was my guess and it sounds good

Rogue Jedi
i hate her...my wife loves the show.

Clone Trooper
ILMAO

Lyn
laughing
*shivers*
laughing

Rogue Jedi
mr. sheffield, i wanna go shopping!!!!!!!

Lyn
AAAGGGHHH!!
*curls up in the corner, rocking*

Rogue Jedi
her voice is worse than fingernails across a blackboard, eh, lyn?

Hypernova
What the f**k?

Lyn
MUCH worse RJ!!

Darth Hater
it's like a cat screaming and scratching a blackboard at the same time

Darth Hater
back to 3po...

i just hope we see how he gets his gold shell

mephistodesigns
laughing out loud

Lyn
I hope so too Hater...

mephistodesigns
didn't we already get picks of him gold? I just hope we get THIS transition on screen and not a "well, because he was with ex-royalty on Naboo, they felt it necessary to make him more high class" somewhere in the DVD commentary. They really should have left the original scene in II where Padme puts 3P0's coverings one while Anakin is off slaughtering tuskens. the novelization made it Anakin's mom.

Lyn
Was it actually Padme??

Darth Hater
we know he's in his gold shell in ep3

i just hope we see how

Lyn
Yeah...it's one of those loose ends GL has to tie up.

Darth Hater
doesnt have to be that big...

a quick explanation at least

Lyn
Yeah...that'd satisfy me.

mephistodesigns
It was supposed to be padme, but GL told Salvatore to just make it Anakin's mom. I think its cool to think the droids were in both they're families and then passed to Luke, kinda sad he doesn't know that thought. Cuz 3P0 comes from Anakin and R2 from Padme, then they obviously travel to Alderaan with Leia because they end up on her ship in ANH and then off to Luke they go. Then, in the books and also in the movies, it tends to be 3P0 with Leia and R2 with Luke. Just interesting, no real point here. big grin

Darth Hater
lol @ no real point here

Lyn
It is very interesting actually, the droids cop a lot but truly served the entire Skywalker family well.

KOkid
Yeah, the whole OT is pretty much told through their eyes...that's a geat observation Meph....That's true Lyn, they difinitely did there duties and more.....

Lyn
R2 is SO reliable, I mean e saved Padme's life in Ep2...

mephistodesigns
have you guys listened to the commentary for II? GL is always saying "we added this scene to condense this idea" and "we had to cut this scene for time" and then they show R2 filtering Obi-wan's message and GL goes "I put this in because R2 didn't have enough screen time". I'm like oh...my....god. All this stress to condense ideas and you want little R2 to have more screen time?
he must really love the droids...its cool with me, I'll watch R2 over a lot of other characters, hes the supercool swiss army knife of the movies who always saves the day when no one else can!

yerssot
they are important and fun wink

Lyn
R2 is a favourite character for many fans plus he links well to the OT, and yeah, I agree with Yerssot; his scenes are fun...he's so cute thumb up

yerssot
except when he uses his trusters in AOTC messed

Darth Hater
they kinda annoy me

mephistodesigns
that was funny! he's there for the kids. Just leave 'em be. I just watched some of the extras on the Indianna Jones DVD boxed set last night and it ends up 3P0 and R2 are in the hieroglyphs on a wall in the Raiders scene with all the snakes. And Indy really IS named after a dog, Lucas'! Who is also who he modeled Chewie after! Just an interesting tic bit...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.