Darth Sidious, a pretty good run.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

IGOTMYBEAT
His accomplishments far outweigh his failings. I mean sure he got killed in ROTJ, but he had a pretty good run didn't he?

He destroyed the Republic and gave birth to the Empire, he wiped out the Jedi who had been the guardians of the Republic for millenia, he ruled with an iron fist for 30 years!!!

It had to end some time...sure he was a little too arrogant in the end, but he did all he set out to do, he got to the top of the mountain, it had to end sooner or later...but come on, it was a pretty good run.

Here's to Darth Sidious, you may not like him, but it just goes to show with some hard work and a determination you can be whatever you want to be.

finti
So if I`m hard working and determined enough I can take over the world.?
Yeah he had his run if living in almost total isolation for 30 something years is considered an achivement.

IGOTMYBEAT
Well he didn't set out to be a comedian or something. He set out to rule the Galaxy, which he did, which is a pretty big accomplishment considering all the things you have to do to make it, and all the Jedi you have to kill. It wasn't easy but Darth Sidious never gave up. When the Jedi threw wrenches in his plans he didn't give up or get depressed, he rolled up his sleeves and got to work.

finti
With a little help from some commerce organs deceitful and power hungry senators and the dark side of the force.
So don`t give Sidious all the credit, he was the brain behind it, but after all he was a sith master.

IGOTMYBEAT
cheers

yodaman
To good old Palpy: the man, the legend, the Sith, the hero.

He is an inspiration to us all.

UnknownBountyHunter
Phooey on Palpy. Chewbacca is better than him...wait, huh?

Gundark
Yeah, yeah, yeah....the Emporer was an awesome bad guy, but behind every Emporer is his right hand....VADER !!!

AND...Vader had the coolest lines in the whole OT. "Apology accepted, Captain Needa" (the coolest) "No. I am your father" (the most shocking) "He's as clumsy as he is stupid" (the surest-you-know-this-guy-is-gonna-die)

Well, you guys know them all. smile

JediOasis
I agree Gundark, Palpatine needed Anakin/Vader. Without him he could not have defeated all the Jedi and his plans would have been foiled. Palpatine is a very good bad guy, but Vader is a Great bad guy!

UnknownBountyHunter
Now agreeance with the Chewbacca factor?

Gundark
Chewie is the best co-pilot a smuggler could have. smile

JediOasis
Chewie's dead man, you just have to let it go. Some things are hard to get over, but if Han can do it, anyone can. wink

Gundark
What do you mean he's dead ????? (I haven't got past Truce at Bakura, so I assume you mean EU.)

finti
If its Eu then it doesn`t count.

JediOasis
Lucas gave them a list of characters they could have killed off in Vector Prime and the people who decides these things decided that Chewie was the one to bite the dust.

Boshuda
Yeah..but he still lives on in the Unexpanded Star Wars universe!!!
LONG LIVE CHEWBACCA.....DOWN WITH SALVATORE!!!!!!!!
(Laugh it up fuzzball!!)

Gundark
Maybe that should be OVERexpanded. laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.