What video games would make good movies?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Vim

lukeyduckey
I said it before and i saw it again Final fantasy 7 would make a good film. If done proberly.
This has a great story line and its a classic. AND it make up for the shite of Final Fantasy Within or whatever it was called

pablo007
Zelda would make a great epic, and I would like to see Hitman in a movie. A Silent Hill movie is already in production though...

h0ck3yh0rr0r
Max Payne would make a kick ass movie.

GroundedAgain
the italian job is my favorite video game ever and they made a movie out of that so now i just don't know...........

pablo007
They told me that game sucks, what's it about ?

GroundedAgain
car hiests......kind-of it has a whole bunch of different modes though. 1 does kinda suck but the rest are the best!!!!!!!!

paintballwizard
hey i may be a paintball freek but i like sords and all that shit but a good link whould be that guy who has a bow in lord of the rings
Happy Dance beer

diegocala
How about Super Mario

CandyKoRn
max paine... (lol.. jk...)

pablo007
Have you seen A Man Apart ?

pablo007
Ummm the one that sucks is the new one ? They told me it's basically a racing game.

metalhead925
If the directors and producers followed the plot, I think Doom would make out to be a good flick.

mardook
The Adventures of Lolo
Megaman
Kirby's Dreamland
Wheel of Fortune the movie!

J/k... am half serious about Megaman though.

laughing out loud

Elondra
Azurik perhaps?

Kes
Devil may cry could make a cool movie.
And vampire hunter (or something like that) cool be cool too.

Vim
Megaman Battle Network could be made into a decent movie. I think the OO7 game Nightfire, could be made into a movie, they did a such a good job on plot, and twists and turns and action... It could be done, but that's a different topic. Any fans of Castlevania, how about a movie, its got as many games as mario, sonic, or even Zelda!

SaTsuJiN
Actually Terry Bogard said : "Dont you DARE underestimate me, you arrogant bastard!" then Laocorn said "Enough! You DIE!" etc...

I think Fatal Fury or Art of Fighting would be cool to see hit the big screen (with live actors)

If an RPG, Final Fantasy 6 is the best final fantasy ever made, so I'd definately appreciate if they did it justice with live actors big grin

oh and one more : Halo for xbox.. yummy story smile

LilyGinnyBlack
Final Fantasy X- If they have a good....well....um....EVERYTHING! big grin

and

Kingdom Hearts!

Zelda would be cool though too! My three favorite video games! love

VampirePrincess
Zelda would make an awsome movie! And also if they do Kingdom Hearts that would be cool.

sugarxen
i heard that they are considering doing a metal gear solid movie, that would be cool....if they avoided that radien character just a smig O.O
devil may cry devil may cry! big grin

agentsmith114
i think metroid would make a good movie , if they do it right it right. zelda could also work.

maybe gta too?

max payne could be good.
cool smokin'

Hegemon875
The Metal Gear Solid series would make one hell of a movie!

wicker_man
If done right and they stick true to there roots i'd like to see movies of:
Metal Gear Solid
Max Payne
Baldurs Gate
Bloodrayne
& Devil May Cry

LindsIsTightK
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Enough said. As long as they don't screw it up the way they did with Super Mario, this could make an amazing movie.

movie_freak
Metal Gear Solid
FFX

LindsIsTightK
Final Fantasy X is practically already a movie seeing as how the game has such a strong story line.

Fallin Angel
Soul Calibur
Clock Tower 3
Tenchu
Fatal Frame
Zelda
Dynasty Warriors
Kindom Hearts

carlye
kingdom hearts ffx and ffx-2

Linkalicious
Zelda and probably Warcraft 3...they could both share some similar properties to LOTR...

VENOMfan
Id love to see a CG Armored Core movie

Gregory
Metal Gear Solid could make a good game. So could Silent Hill. But the track record of video games turned movies is pretty pitiful, so I won't get my hopes up.

Samas-adian
Starcraft..starcraft

Elektra_lover
FFX, FFX-2

Darth Jello
I think Miramax actually owns the rights to a metroid movie but have not optioned it at this point.
Zelda would make a good movie as long as it was a trilogy made on an epic scale with a good cast. now is the wrong time however, as everyone would call it a LOTR knockoff.
Here's a list of perfect videogame actors and their roles-
Charlize Theron-Samus Aran
Hayden Christensen-Link
Christina Ricci-Zelda
Henry Rollins-Ganondrof Dragmire
John Dimmaggio-Voice of Mandrag Ganon

G.A.mbit_DDR
kingdom hearts
mystic heros
time splitters 2 (but they may need the first)
bloody roar

DEFINITLY NEEDS TO BECOME A MOVIE---Warcfart 3 (mayb needs the first 2 but they suck)

Lord_Andres
I've said it a 1000 times, but I will say it again, They should make a movie of DOOM, Heretic/Hexen, and Warcraft

coolboarder98
Devil May Cry, Baldur's Gate, Kingdom Hearts, Call of Duty, Splinter Cell, Deus Ex, Half Life, KoToR, Prince of Persia, Warcraft

And some movies that should DEFINETLY be made:
LotR, Matrix, Star Wars

Vim
Are you saying that the Lord of the Rings, The Matrix, and star wars should be made into movies? Cuz if you don't know that they already are, and that all 3 all have trilogies, plus books, and other memorbilia, then where have you been??

Darth Jello
possible candidates for the part of a live action mario: Gallagher, Ron Jeromy, Danny Devito, and Weird Al Yankovic. and for 8 million dollars, Marlon Brando would make an excellent Wario. De Niro could play Luigi, and Bowser would of course, play himself, with a little help from ILM.

VENOMfan
LMAO holy sh!t Ron Jeremy would be the greatest Mario! LOL
I mean a plumber that runs around hoping into random pipes would not be a streach from his previous career.

mailedbypostman
Starcraft,Warcraft III, Halo, and stuff.

gls
you know what? the rights to the Metroid movie has already been bought. hopefully production can start soon.

Soul Caliber has also been started, as is Fatal Frame.

VilleValo462
i think Dynasty Warriors or Onimusha ..... those would be pretty damn good if done right !

coolboarder98
I've been away a bit so as to Vim's post:

I was joking dude! Couldn't you tell? I'm like the hugest LotR, MAtrix and somewhat Star Wars fan out there. I've the LotR trilogy about 4 times before the movies were released, and I've read them 5 more times after FotR was released.

The Force
Super smash bros would make an awesome movie yes

Red Superfly
Metal Gear Solid all the way. Whether or not a movie would do it justice is debatable. But Metal Gear has so much potential. Has anybody played Twin Snakes yet? I can put my hand on my chest and promise that those cut-scenes are more impressive and way cooler than even The Matrix set-pieces.

Resident Evil was good, with the next film looking to tie it with the games a bit more.

Silent Hill would make one heckuva movie - I heard they were actually making it as we speak, or are getting ready to. It's not a scary game in that it makes you jump, in fact very little happens, it's just the atmosphere is incredibly thick and you are always unnervy through the whole game. The problem is, like Metal Gear, it has deep philosophy that typical western audiences don't "get". Those with a brain should love it, it leaves open so many questions and your imagination fills in the holes. It doesn't spoon-feed the plot to you, it leaves you to speculate and get the old cogs turning. That goes for Metal Gear too. Those that didnt like or under stand MGS2 require the "take-me-by-the-hand" approach to narrative.

Also, Max Payne IS coming out this year. In fact there been a trailer for it for a while now. It goes by the name The Punisher.

Apparently Rockstar tried to get rights for Punisher way back. They failed. So They ripped pretty much everything from the Punisher off (the comic style, the attitude, the grim gritty crime story, the death of his family, the guns and destruction etc) and changed his name to Max Payne.

Punisher, is also better, too. Max Payne is a rubbish game anyway.

whitedragon
I think metal gear solid and final fantasy 8 or 10 because there the best games i've ever played. alien

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.