Galactus vs Darkseid

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Hegemon875
I think this is a very close match. Darkseid rules his own planet and has thousands os warships and millions of loyal minions. He even gives superman a hard time. On the other hand Galactus devoures entire planets and is older than the universe. But his weakness is that he requires a huge amount of energy.

Kes
Are they related to the x-men?

Hegemon875
Kinda because Galactus is in the Marvel universe but I couldn't think of anywhere else to put this poll. I chose this one because it has the mosts posts out of all the superhero forums.

Kes
Yeh but being part of Marvel doesn't have anything to do with the X-men.
This belongs in Superhero Movie discussion...thou this isnt about a movie messed
Moving--moved.

Darth Vicious
Galctus hands down, he eats planets, Darkseid rules one, plus there really nothing that can beat Galactus except the Ultimate Nullifier which Darkseid wont have access to!

MaverickIce
Galactus, See Darth's post..

Metroplex
Galactus will win. All he really needs to do is to step on darkseid.

JuggernautFan
Galactus already won. in the crossover, darkseid prepares for galactus's comming. in the end the silver surfer about murders orion, and galactus takes the full force of darkseids omega beams. he then try's to drain the planet's life sustaining eneryg. but to no avail. darkseid explains that there is none left. galactus then questions, why would you defend it? he responds, because it's mine. but galactus basically put darkseid on his butt, with little effort, while darkseids beams did nothing to galactus.

Wynndar
"Because its mine" haha.....yea that was tight....they made it interesting, however, Darkseid is not on Galactus's level....he would be lucky to defeat Morg

JuggernautFan
morg was still crazy powerful. he was destroying all galactus's previous heralds before terax told surfer to go get help. anybody who can do that deserves some credit.

Mane
theres a TPB called Galacus vs Darkseid: The Hunger. ive never read it but its not a bad match.

discuss.

§nakehead
I perdict: Galactis will suck up another planet defeat darkseid and then Ghost rider and punisher come and kick his butt.

Mane
Shut up

§nakehead
okey Ill confess............Aunt May would win!!

Alpha Centauri
Snakehead, stop being dumb.

I think Galactus would take it in a one on one fight really. Can't count out Darkseid though.

-AC

Mane
of course not...

§nakehead
I swear Im telling the truth Aunt may got powers for a while and fought Galatics I promis Im not lyeing

Mane
i know! im not talking about her! now will you shut up about Aunt May?

Beyonder
Galactus easily kicked Darkseid's ass in "The Hunger." Dorkseid tried using the Omega Effect on Galactus - which didn't work- and was thEn blasted away by the Devourer of Planets. And this was basically Galactus and SS against Darkseid, Orion, and all of Apokolips.

One on one - Darkseid will get molested like a five year at Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch. As for Darkseid pulling something...truth is, he pulls nothing out against Galactus in a one on one fight. Darkseid OWNED.

JuggernautFan
darkseid lost.... and it would probably happen that way 9/10 times.

Nataku8188
Galactus can't lose. If he dies the marvel universe ends. End of story.

Mane
no it wont. people have used that argument hundreds of times. Galactus has been dead before and the universe never ceased to exist.

JuggernautFan
well he was never truely dead.......

JuggernautFan
have you ever seen death come to claim him???? because she has spoken of a time when she will come to get him. after he has served his purpose.

§nakehead
Galatics would win

Nataku8188
Now I have to say Darkseid because Snakehead is always wrong. Damn you snakehead.

§nakehead
your beyond words stupid

Nataku8188
That didn't even make sense. So you decide to call me stupid? Right...

Could someone tell me what powers Darkseid has so I can argue for him ?

§nakehead
Never mind Ill find um for ya.

Victor Von Doom
Galactus, undoubtedly.

Shadow_King
never seen darside in action but i think galactus.

Mane
its Darkseid

Alpha Centauri
Really annoys me when people call him Darkseed aswell. Not that hard to type a name correctly people, come on.

-AC

Ironman 66
i think galactus would win

Mane
really? its sure good to have your input glare

jayson
i would like to think that galactus would win but knowing how slick darkseid is. i don't know. what is this darkseid, galactus tpb that mane is refering to. is it any good? sounds cool.

Captain America
I dont think galactus is able to eat darksieds planet is he?

Beyonder
Alpha Centauri

Really annoys me when people call him Darkseed aswell. Not that hard to type a name correctly people, come on.

-AC

It is hard if the name doesn't sound like how it's pronounced. His name should be spelled Darkside, not the crap that is Darkseid.

Captain America

I dont think galactus is able to eat darksieds planet is he?

Only because that crap hole Darkseid calls home taste like shit. That's why Galactus didn't finish consuming it in "The Hunger."

Krissy Von Doom
I think the planet was "dead" so Galactus didn't consume it.

Evangel94
The Omegas didn't work. Darkseid has nothing else to use. Galactus.

lifeisaglich
Hey!!!!!!!!! before we start jumping to conclusions the omega beams have several different effects.

And I heard that if used to its full potential it can erase anything out of existance.

wrathofachilles
Darkseid is barely on Thanos' level and Thanos is not on Galactus' level *without the IG or HOTU of course* so this is insanely easy. Galactus.

mikalv1224
Galactus would just eat darksieds planet.

Hegemon875
easy for me now, 2 years of comic reading has enlightened me, Galactus wins.

kgkg
not even a fight , and remember that in the crossover he came to feed (therefore he was weak) he didn't give a shit about fighting all he wants to do is eat.

if he wanted to he could have vaporize everyone in the galaxy.

Blade Cutter
Darkside could be beat by even Silver Surfer let alone big G.

Lord S
Originally posted by Blade Cutter
Darkside could be beat by even Silver Surfer let alone big G. That's highly debatable.

Originally posted by JuggernautFan
Galactus already won. in the crossover, darkseid prepares for galactus's comming. in the end the silver surfer about murders orion, and galactus takes the full force of darkseids omega beams. he then try's to drain the planet's life sustaining eneryg. but to no avail. darkseid explains that there is none left. galactus then questions, why would you defend it? he responds, because it's mine. but galactus basically put darkseid on his butt, with little effort, while darkseids beams did nothing to galactus. It wasn't just the Omega Beams, it was the Omega Effect that Galactus pretty much laughed off. BTW, yeah Galactus would probably humiliate Darkseid in a real fight.

Superherovandal
what is the Ultimate Nullifier? And was this Pre or Post-Crisis Darkseid? Because Pre-Crisis was at least 10X powerful than PRe-Crisis Supes

The Flash
Never says that Pre-Crisis Darkseid and Galactus are equal in power.

kgkg
Glaactus will eat even Pre-Crisis Darkeid , what can pre -crisis do can he survive a blast that can distroy 100's of galaxy ????

Beyonder
Originally posted by The Flash
Never says that Pre-Crisis Darkseid and Galactus are equal in power.

No, Never said Byrne believed Darkseid is Galactus' equal. Not Pre-Crisis Darkseid, just Darkseid is eqaul to Galactus.

Pre-Crisis Darkseid is powerful, but if you looked at his highest feats compared to Galactus' highest feats, Galactus seems more powerful.

The Flash
I see.

Hegemon875
This thread is proof I pioneered the vs thread! Happy Dance laughing

Jvenom
Galactus was not even phased by his omega beams so how would Darkseid beat him.

spideycarnage
had to do it. BUMP

EkinEku
wait doesnt darkseid have a bunch of other wacked out powers besides his OE? from what i have read he is basically a psychic majin buu on meth.

Roldz
So does Galactus.. None of that awesome psychic powers would do him good against G.. His only chance of winning is the OE but is mute by G existence...

roughrider
Galactus wins.

juggernaut66666
as much as I like Darkseid ,Galaczus wins.
Although current Darkseis has the ALE so he might have a chance.

Galan777
galactus wins 10/10

invisiblewoman
galactus ftw!

MattDay
that pre crisis darksied would be a challenge but these guys are both integral to their respective universes, they both can't die... so what the **** can happen really? darksied would lose the fight eventually but a fight it will be!

Sub_Mariner
I thought Darkseid wasn't affected by the crisis.

EkinEku
yah pc is current, mr mxiwhatsitwho and DS weren't affected its just his av's keep getting owned by supes

juggernaut66666
How about Darkseid with the Ant-Life Equation??

roughrider
Any tech Darkseid can come up with, Galactus can top.

OneDumbG0
Im going to scan the two pertinent pages to this thread's debate. Here's part one where Darkseid lectures Galactus and believes he has the best of him:

OneDumbG0
And here's the result. Darkseid sucks. Galactus ftw even at the lowest ebbs of his power, which was teh setup for this story:

EkinEku
did he get hit with the nullifier in that comic?

great_dane
DS ftw. eating planets or not, DS would erase him from existance.

Kutulu
Originally posted by great_dane
DS ftw. eating planets or not, DS would erase him from existance.

Even after someone posts a scan directly proving you wrong, you spout such drivel. Fanboys for the lose.

Juntai
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
And here's the result. Darkseid sucks. Galactus ftw even at the lowest ebbs of his power, which was teh setup for this story: Yet, he beat Galactus and Surfer at the same time in that comic, bringing them both down so hard they were having a hard time keeping eachother standing.... then ended up standing tall while they had to run away to another planet.

bigbran
Originally posted by Juntai
Yet, he beat Galactus and Surfer at the same time in that comic, bringing them both down so hard they were having a hard time keeping eachother standing.... then ended up standing tall while they had to run away to another planet. What are you talking about?
He cheapshotted Surfer. He did nothing to Galactus. He was even all cut up after that little shot that someone scanned.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by bigbran
What are you talking about?
He cheapshotted Surfer. He did nothing to Galactus. He was even all cut up after that little shot that someone scanned.

I want some of the green he's carrying.

fatgogeta
Darkseid is closer to Galactus in power than to Thanos but Galactus is still too powerful for Darkseid to defeat.

bigbran
Originally posted by fatgogeta
Darkseid is closer to Galactus in power than to Thanos but Galactus is still too powerful for Darkseid to defeat. No.

Soljer
Thanos is around Darkseid's level in power.

Both are quite a bit below Galactus.

Quite a fugging bit.

Kutulu
No.
Yes.

bigbran
Originally posted by Kutulu
Yes. No.

Soljer
And Soljer stared in awe at the sheer skill and fluency with which the two titans battled in their debate. The rhetoric flowed with such masterful craftsmanship that God himself looked down with a cursory glance - and the two masters fought on.

Juntai
What are you talking about?
He cheapshotted Surfer. He did nothing to Galactus. He was even all cut up after that little shot that someone scanned. He brought Surfer down in one shot.

He brought down Galactus with a 'fraction of his power'. And Surfer had to run in and save him.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid91/p2c608e03e58741795f6d446ef37f6f32/fa6408cf.jpg

Darkseid duped them into thinking their cause worthwhile -and- kicked their ass across apokalips, left them even weaker and running off to another planet for sustenance.

It's a pretty clear cut victory.

Big Sexy
He brought Surfer down in one shot.

He brought down Galactus with a 'fraction of his power'. And Surfer had to run in and save him.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid91/p2c608e03e58741795f6d446ef37f6f32/fa6408cf.jpg

Darkseid duped them into thinking their cause worthwhile -and- kicked their ass across apokalips, left them even weaker and running off to another planet for sustenance.

It's a pretty clear cut victory. laughing Right. roll eyes (sarcastic) but I think I had this arguement with you a while ago jun so I'll just say my opinion is Galactus wins.

batdude123
Galactus

Juntai
Originally posted by Big Sexy
laughing Right. roll eyes (sarcastic) but I think I had this arguement with you a while ago jun so I'll just say my opinion is Galactus wins. Both fluctuate in power so much, its hard to say.

mighty adam

It's a pretty clear cut victory. you are one of the biggest dc fanboys its a shame i love darkseid but galactus beat him and would beat him time and time again.

bigbran

It's a pretty clear cut victory. I just want to show you how powerful Galactus was in that comic.
http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/8287/dg19hn4.jpg

Now, let's see how Darkseid brought down Surfer, and Galactus.
Also, he only stumbled Galactus with those drones. He didn't do so well when he tried to fight Galactus head on. Now, lets see how he kicks Galactus's ass. (keep in mind, I have the damn comic right in front of me right now)
http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/8617/dg41ym0.jpg
http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/1882/dg42md3.jpg

Brings down Surfer.
http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/8237/dg44sn3.jpg
http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/5333/dg45yx4.jpg
Surfer seems to have been cheapshotted.

Darkseid kicks there asses all over the planet, then makes them leave. roll eyes (sarcastic)
http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/5731/dg46og5.jpg
http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/7224/dg47ql4.jpg
http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/2775/dg48lt2.jpg

Hey wait, that didn't happen like you said it did...

Juntai
I just want to show you how powerful Galactus was in that comic.

Also, he only stumbled Galactus with those drones. He didn't do so well when he tried to fight Galactus head on. Now, lets see how he kicks Galactus's ass. (keep in mind, I have the damn comic right in front of me right now)

Brings down Surfer.

Darkseid kicks there asses all over the planet, then makes them leave. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Hey wait, that didn't happen like you said it did... Mine was a one sentence summary and is still what happened. Galactus got duped, thinking the planet had energy.
Galactus was brought down, and helpless until Surfer saved him.
Likewise, Surfer was brought down, until Galactus saved him.
Both at the hands of Darkseid.
Galactus finished his machine and figured out how he was tricked.
They ended up having to leave the planet, weak and dying while Darkseid only had his shirt torn.

bigbran
Mine was a one sentence summary and is still what happened. Galactus got duped, thinking the planet had energy.
Galactus was brought down, and helpless until Surfer saved him.
Likewise, Surfer was brought down, until Galactus saved him.
Both at the hands of Darkseid.
Galactus finished his machine and figured out how he was tricked.
They ended up having to leave the planet, weak and dying while Darkseid only had his shirt torn. Actually Galactus owned Surfer in that same comic, and had to revive him. He didn't really do anything for him when Darkseid shot Surfer.
Plus, the only thing darkseid really did there, was create some beings that fought Galactus, stumbled him, then Surfer owned quite few. All Galactus was worried about was his machine, and feeding.
He basically owned Darkseid with one blast.
The only thing that Galactus was beat on, was the fact that he had first thought that there was energy there.
So tell me what Darkseid did again, besides making some beings that stumbled Galactus. He was still standing tall, and even owned Darky after he supposedly was about to be "killed".

Juntai
Actually Galactus owned Surfer in that same comic, and had to revive him. He didn't really do anything for him when Darkseid shot Surfer. Yeah, he repowered Surfer after Darkseid downed him.

With a fraction of his power he brought Galactus down. He was helpess until Surfer came back to save him.

Yeah? Funny how he was trying to fight them, considering his eye blasts and stuff.

Yeah? He blasted Darkseid towards the beginning of the comic, Darkseid whomping him and Surfer was afterwards. smile

Sweet, now you're admitting that he got duped and beat on. Good job!

mighty adam
Yeah, he repowered Surfer after Darkseid downed him.

With a fraction of his power he brought Galactus down. He was helpess until Surfer came back to save him.

Yeah? Funny how he was trying to fight them, considering his eye blasts and stuff.

Yeah? He blasted Darkseid towards the beginning of the comic, Darkseid whomping him and Surfer was afterwards. smile

Sweet, now you're admitting that he got duped and beat on. Good job! he admitted no such thing the big g won the fight live with it.

bigbran
Yeah, he repowered Surfer after Darkseid downed him.

You mean after Darkseid shot Surfer in the back? Surfer was getting up in the same page. Galactus didn't heal him in the comic.
Galactus did heal him after GALACTUS owned Surfer though.

With a fraction of his power he brought Galactus down. He was helpess until Surfer came back to save him. He wasn't helpless, he was weak.
Anyway, Surfer owned all of them, so what are you trying to say?
That Surfer is above Galactus?
Are you trying to say that Darkseid can create things that are more powerful than himself?

Yeah? Funny how he was trying to fight them, considering his eye blasts and stuff. First off, they attacked him from behind, he had to fight back.
Second, as soon as Surfer came, he went right back to his machine.

Darkseid cheapshotting Surfer came 3 pages after Darkseid got punked by Galactus.

Sweet, now you're admitting that he got duped and beat on. Good job! No, I'm saying that Galactus thought there was energy on the planet. Or Surfer gave him a faulty planet.
He never got beat on. He got stumbled by the combined assult of a bunch of rock monsters and his own hunger though, never beat on.

Juntai
You mean after Darkseid shot Surfer in the back? Surfer was getting up in the same page. Galactus didn't heal him in the comic.
Galactus did heal him after GALACTUS owned Surfer though. Are you saying you feel Surfer could have battled Darkseid, had it not incidentally hit him in the back?

He was getting his shit kicked and couldn't do anything to stop it. That's helpless.

No. I'm saying what happened. From one perspective, one might say Galactus had the upper hand, from another, Darkseid did. It's all non-canon either way.No, the automatons were extension of a fraction of his will, as is the firepits, as is Apokalips itslef.

Yep, he tried to defend himself, and failed.
Of course, he needed the energy!

Yeah, I thought I already clarified the order of events.

You say 'combined assault', I say beat on with an attack he didn't have an answer to. smile

darthgoober
Ok, all this talk about the Big G/Darkseid fight has gotten rediculous. First of all, when DS's mosters jumped him from behind, Galactus was busy trying to get his machine together and wasn't looking for a fight. So basically, the argument is that DS(with prep since he got all the stuff together while Big G was busy elsewhere), can manage to get in some good shots against a hungry Galactus who isn't paying attention to him. Well big deal, the same could be said of Thanos. The main point of that fight boils down to this...

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/9616/dg41sn3.th.jpg

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/1822/dg42wc9.th.jpg

And there you have it. DS is unable to do a damn thing to Galactus is actually ready to face off with him. And this was the same Galactus that got jumped from behind earlier. He never went anywhere, or recharged or anything.

bigbran
Are you saying you feel Surfer could have battled Darkseid, had it not incidentally hit him in the back? Nope. Just saying what happened in the comic.

He was getting his shit kicked and couldn't do anything to stop it. That's helpless. No, he stumbled from the assult and his immense hunger.

No. I'm saying what happened. From one perspective, one might say Galactus had the upper hand, from another, Darkseid did. It's all non-canon either way.
I think only from your perspective did Darkseid have the upper hand.
Ok, Darkseid created a ton of beings that happened to stumble Galactus.
Sure.
In the same comic, Darkseid got one shotted, so you think about who had the upper hand.

I know it's non canon.
No, the automatons were extension of a fraction of his will, as is the firepits, as is Apokalips itslef.
So, shouldn't Darkseid have stood a better chance?
You can talk all you want about the people he created, but in the end Darkseid got tooken down.

Yep, he tried to defend himself, and failed.
Of course, he needed the energy! He ducked under some attacks, fired some eye beams.
He got attacked from behind anyway.

Yeah, I thought I already clarified the order of events. No, you said at the start of the comic. It only happened 3 pages away.

You say 'combined assault', I say beat on with an attack he didn't have an answer to. smile Yes, considering I have shown how weak Galactus was in that comic. Also SS beat all of them. I'm sure if Galactus was going to try and destroy these guys he could have easily.
They even showed Surfer getting one shotted by Galactus in the same comic.

fatgogeta
Galactus is significantly more powerful than Darkseid just as Darkseid is significantly more powerful than Surfer or Thanos. I think upper skyfather/low end abstract is a reasonable position to rank Darkseid by Marvel standards.

bigbran
Galactus is significantly more powerful than Darkseid just as Darkseid is significantly more powerful than Surfer or Thanos. I think upper skyfather/low end abstract is a reasonable position to rank Darkseid by Marvel standards. So you think that a upper Skyfather and a low end abstract are close in power? What the f**k?
You do realize that Thanos is a skyfather level himself right? Maybe not Odin level, but he is on that level.

Soljer
So you think that a upper Skyfather and a low end abstract are close in power? What the f**k?
You do realize that Thanos is a skyfather level himself right? Maybe not Odin level, but he is on that level.

Indeed. Odin is high skyfather, Thanos is low skyfather. Darkseid is alongside Thanos in the low skyfather range.

Galactus is WAY the **** up there.

MightyEInherjar
I really don't see how there's any debate about that comic. From the scans, Darkseid got his shit ruined, and Galactus was going about his work like another day at the office. I give this to Galactus every time, as there's nothing Darkseid can do to him.

Galactus 10/10

great_dane
how about erasing him from ever existing

Juntai
Originally posted by Soljer
Indeed. Odin is high skyfather, Thanos is low skyfather. Darkseid is alongside Thanos in the low skyfather range.

Galactus is WAY the **** up there. Darkseid eats pantheon gods for lunch.

Juntai
Originally posted by darthgoober
Ok, all this talk about the Big G/Darkseid fight has gotten rediculous. First of all, when DS's mosters jumped him from behind, Galactus was busy trying to get his machine together and wasn't looking for a fight. So basically, the argument is that DS(with prep since he got all the stuff together while Big G was busy elsewhere), can manage to get in some good shots against a hungry Galactus who isn't paying attention to him. Well big deal, the same could be said of Thanos. The main point of that fight boils down to this...

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/9616/dg41sn3.th.jpg

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/1822/dg42wc9.th.jpg

And there you have it. DS is unable to do a damn thing to Galactus is actually ready to face off with him. And this was the same Galactus that got jumped from behind earlier. He never went anywhere, or recharged or anything. Actually, that was their initial confrontation. Darkseid took the upper hand AFTER that. Galactus never reclaimed the upper hand, just finished his machine finally, and realised he was duped and got beat up for nothing. Then had to fly away, dying of lack of energy, to find another planet.

Kutulu
Actually, that was their initial confrontation. Darkseid took the upper hand AFTER that. Galactus never reclaimed the upper hand, just finished his machine finally, and realised he was duped and got beat up for nothing. Then had to fly away, dying of lack of energy, to find another planet.

ROFL Darkseid is in tatters, everybody can see that but you. If Galactus was trying to destroy Darkseid from the onset instead of consuming Apokalypse, Darkseid would have been smacked down hard, even to a super hungry low on energy Galactus, end of story.

DC Fanboyism at it's greatest. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Good thing the poll shows that almost nobody beleives you.

Kutulu
Then had to fly away, dying of lack of energy, to find another planet.

Yeah Galactus is the one that looks beat up in this picture:
roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic)

NOT! That's funny, Galactus armor is sparkly and shiney with no scratches, dents, but Darkseid is in tatters! His clothes are all ripped up, but according to you, Galactus is beat up! LOL

Juntai
Oh, his shirt is torn? That constitutes having been beaten up?

How does Galactus look in this one?

He was getting pounded, had to be rescued.
lol. Surfer came to save him....
So Darkseid turns his attention on Surfer instead.
Bam, one shot.

He only used a FRACTION of his power, as stated on panel, and brought them both down.

While he was doing that, Galactus popped up, as seen in the scan, and realised that he fought for nothing. And ran dying to another planet. Something Darkseid knew from the onset.

Outbattled, as Darkseid clearly had the advantage in the later half, on both of them, by himself.
And outsmarted, obviously.

Even Galactus clearly respects him afterwards.

Kutulu
Oh, his shirt is torn? That constitutes having been beaten up?

In DC when their costume is torn, that means they got beat up, yes. Look at DOS Superman, his shirt was virtually torn all the way off, with no scratches on his chest, that meant he got beat up badly, and got humbled with but a single blast from Galactus.

You also neglect to mention that Galactus started off stating that he was at the hungriest he has felt in ages, meaning that he was trying to conserve energy as much as possible. Killing Darkseid would have cost him energy that was unnecessary to waste; in an arena event it would be totally different, as Galactus' goal would be to kill Darkseid, which he would do in 2 or 3 full powered blasts.

Juntai
Originally posted by Kutulu

You also neglect to mention that Galactus started off stating that he was at the hungriest he has felt in ages, meaning that he was trying to conserve energy as much as possible. Killing Darkseid would have cost him energy that was unnecessary to waste; in an arena event it would be totally different, as Galactus' goal would be to kill Darkseid, which he would do in 2 or 3 full powered blasts. I never said Darkseid would beat Galactus, I was arguing that the scans brought as evidence from that non-canon comic can be interpreted different, and a few have agreed with me, in this thread or another. To some, they think Galactus had the upper hand, but in the latter half of the comic, as I just pointed out to you, Darkseid clearly had the upper hand, taking both of them down with a 'fraction of his power'. Darkseid had the energy to go the distance, Galactus as portrayed, didn't want to go that route with Darkseid.
lol. And then got up and took the upper hand in the fight? Doesn't sound very humbled to me.

darthgoober
Actually, that was their initial confrontation. Darkseid took the upper hand AFTER that. Galactus never reclaimed the upper hand, just finished his machine finally, and realised he was duped and got beat up for nothing. Then had to fly away, dying of lack of energy, to find another planet.
Dude, what are you trippin on. The thing with the big monsters happened FIRST, the scans I posted happened later. If you'd like, I can post the whole book after I get off work.

kevdude
From what it looks like to me, Big G while hungry and Darkseid are about equal (Galactus being a bit more above him though). The thing is Darkseid had prep going into this fight, Galactus didn't. Galactus doesn't really need prep, Darkseid didn't hurt him at all. The main thing is that they both seemed to get was some respect out of the other (something it looks like Darkseid wanted from the beginning).

roughrider
The poll above looks definitive, even if the arguments are not.

darthgoober
Ok I'm just going to correct some inaccurate statements that were made earlier about the Galactus/Darkseid fight

Now Darkseid created those monsters to jump Big G after his armies attacked him, but BEFORE Galactus blasted him. See this is what happened when Galactus landed on the planet...

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/9896/dg21vb0.th.jpg

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/1417/dg22og3.th.jpg

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/7900/dg23ju2.th.jpg

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/6238/dg24xa9.th.jpg

Notice how Darkseid is still in good condition, and his clothes are still in good shape when he creates the monsters. So it happened BEFORE Galactus and Darkseid's face to face exchange.

THIS is what happened immediately following Galactus blasting Darkseid...

http://img93.imageshack.us/img93/3847/dg43nk1.th.jpg

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/4056/dg44ff3.th.jpg

http://img93.imageshack.us/img93/5661/dg45vm0.th.jpg

http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/2324/dg46fy8.th.jpg

http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/4574/dg47fq5.th.jpg

http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/4305/dg48nu0.th.jpg

And that's the end of the book. So at no point, did Darkseid get the upper hand over Galactus after Galactus blasted him.

Just thought I'd clear that up.

bigbran
^^^
I guess if he sees that and says anything, then it means he ignored my post.
I just want to show you how powerful Galactus was in that comic.

Brings down Surfer.

Hey wait, that didn't happen like you said it did...
Oh well.
I did leave out the Surfer getting healed scan though, as it was irrelevent. (just so I don't get corrected)

darthgoober
^^^
I guess if he sees that and says anything, then it means he ignored my post.

Oh well.
I did leave out the Surfer getting healed scan though, as it was irrelevent. (just so I don't get corrected)
Yes but in your defense, Galactus is the one who took out SS first, not Orion or Darkseid.

bigbran
Yes but in your defense, Galactus is the one who took out SS first, not Orion or Darkseid.
Yup. He healed Surfer right after he one shotted Darky.

Nope. Just saying what happened in the comic.

No, he stumbled from the assult and his immense hunger.

I think only from your perspective did Darkseid have the upper hand.
Ok, Darkseid created a ton of beings that happened to stumble Galactus.
Sure.
In the same comic, Darkseid got one shotted, so you think about who had the upper hand.

I know it's non canon.

So, shouldn't Darkseid have stood a better chance?
You can talk all you want about the people he created, but in the end Darkseid got tooken down.

He ducked under some attacks, fired some eye beams.
He got attacked from behind anyway.

No, you said at the start of the comic. It only happened 3 pages away.

Yes, considering I have shown how weak Galactus was in that comic. Also SS beat all of them. I'm sure if Galactus was going to try and destroy these guys he could have easily.
They even showed Surfer getting one shotted by Galactus in the same comic.

Juntai
Ok I'm just going to correct some inaccurate statements that were made earlier about the Galactus/Darkseid fight

Now Darkseid created those monsters to jump Big G after his armies attacked him, but BEFORE Galactus blasted him. See this is what happened when Galactus landed on the planet...

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/9896/dg21vb0.th.jpg

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/1417/dg22og3.th.jpg

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/7900/dg23ju2.th.jpg

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/6238/dg24xa9.th.jpg

Notice how Darkseid is still in good condition, and his clothes are still in good shape when he creates the monsters. So it happened BEFORE Galactus and Darkseid's face to face exchange.

THIS is what happened immediately following Galactus blasting Darkseid...

http://img93.imageshack.us/img93/3847/dg43nk1.th.jpg

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/4056/dg44ff3.th.jpg

http://img93.imageshack.us/img93/5661/dg45vm0.th.jpg

http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/2324/dg46fy8.th.jpg

http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/4574/dg47fq5.th.jpg

http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/4305/dg48nu0.th.jpg

And that's the end of the book. So at no point, did Darkseid get the upper hand over Galactus after Galactus blasted him.

Just thought I'd clear that up. Ah well, my order of events was a bit hazy, comes from being a pothead. Truth remains though, that Darkseid wasn't messed up at all either just a torn shirt, and was still ready to fight, exemplified by taking Surfer down, and his speach about the fight not being over.

Juntai
Yup. He healed Surfer right after he one shotted Darky. He didn't one shot anyone. Darkseid wasn't KOed.

Juntai
Yes but in your defense, Galactus is the one who took out SS first, not Orion or Darkseid. I don't think Orion took out anyone did he?
Odd, since he's Darkseid's equal, should have short work of the Surfer.

darthgoober
The fact that DS is to stupid to give up, in no way changes the fight. Guy Gardener was still wanting to help with Doomsday after he got the shit beat out of him, but that doesn't change the fact that he got his ass whipped. We saw what DS's most powerful attack could do to Galactus when Galactus was ready, and we saw what happened when Galactus attacked back. Without the ALE, Galactus takes out DS EVERY time(unless DS has prep and attacks from behind while Galactus is busy).

darthgoober
I don't think Orion took out anyone did he?
Odd, since he's Darkseid's equal, should have short work of the Surfer.
Well Surfer pretty much kicked his ass, so if Orion is DS's equal, that explanes why he couldn't do much to Big G.

Juntai
Well Surfer pretty much kicked his ass, so if Orion is DS's equal, that explanes why he couldn't do much to Big G. I disagree, it was just a bad showing overall for Orion.

darthgoober
I disagree, it was just a bad showing overall for Orion.
Even if it was a bad showing for Orion, Surfer still beat him down. So what is there to disagree about?

Juntai
Even if it was a bad showing for Orion, Surfer still beat him down. So what is there to disagree about? I disagree how it reflects on Darkseid in that comic. Surfer, Darkseid and Galactus all had at least something to show for it, Orion had nothing.

Then again, that happened several years before Orion actually engaged Darkseid in full intent to beat him, so they probably treated him as a lesser.

darthgoober
I disagree how it reflects on Darkseid in that comic. Surfer, Darkseid and Galactus all had at least something to show for it, Orion had nothing.

Then again, that happened several years before Orion actually engaged Darkseid in full intent to beat him, so they probably treated him as a lesser.
That's possible, it did come out a while ago.

roughrider
If DC truly wants Darkseid to be around Galactus level, they should stop all the propaganda in comics and animation showing Superman fighting him equally, or beating him.
I know Thor has gotten the better of Galactus twice (a stretch), but that's when G was at seriously low energy. And Galactus was at low energy for this entire confrontation, and look how he did.

bigbran
Originally posted by roughrider
If DC truly wants Darkseid to be around Galactus level, they should stop all the propaganda in comics and animation showing Superman fighting him equally, or beating him.
I know Thor has gotten the better of Galactus twice (a stretch), but that's when G was at seriously low energy. And Galactus was at low energy for this entire confrontation, and look how he did. I only remember Thor doing anything once.
With a godblast, and Galactus wasn't even paying attention to him. Galactus also threw him(after the first shot), but then someone teleported him to safety.

fatgogeta
I think it has been pretty conclusively proven that Darkseid is not at Galactus' level. However he is a lot higher up in the scheme of things then some people give him credit for.

Kutulu
I think it has been pretty conclusively proven that Darkseid is not at Galactus' level. However he is a lot higher up in the scheme of things then some people give him credit for.

I give him plenty of credit. He is basically like Thanos in the way that he has at times totally dominated the DC universe several times. He also makes entire pantheons of gods look like fools and has smacked around superman many times in the past. He has top level feats that almost nobody else can match. He was one of the few people who could contain cyber-superman (Hank).

Where I would place Thanos at a low-skyfather level, I would place Darkseid at high skyfather level, meaning that in most confrontations he would destroy godlike beings with ease.

That being said, I think that Galactus is above even that level, by a fair margin. Galactus has a history of straight up attacking some of the most heavily defended planets in the universe and shrugging off superman level beings like it's nothing, it takes a plot device to beat him basically, or a cosmic powerhouse like the in-betweener to stalemate him. When they start off a comic saying that he is desperately hungry and needs to feed, it's basically paving the way to saying that there is a chance for him to be beat.

A well fed Galactus shouldn't be opposable by anybody other than a cosmic level being or sub-cosmic at worst, and is on par or a grade higher than dimensional rulers such as Mephisto, Dormammu, etc..

An example is when he attacked the Skrull homeworld, who had technology far far ahead of that of humans and had superpowered heroes / villains to try and oppose him, all of which did squat to stop him.

The problem with him is that some writers don't understand how to properly handle him, so he ends up jobbing to people he has no business jobbing to. Anybody who can turn a god level being to an amoeba with just a thought (e.g. Hercules) should be able to stomp out anybody but a sub-cosmic. If he could turn Hercules into an amoeba, why couldn't he just do that to Thor as well, as they are relatively on par, Thor coming out slightly ahead?

Reason is that they need to be able to let the heroes win. I don't mind it, as long as PIS isn't involved, meaning galactus starts off with so little energy that he doesn't have spare energy to turn a god into an amoeba or incinerate a planet with one shot, which he is more than capable of doing.

In his fight with Tyrant, they literally destroyed multiple galaxies, that's billions of star systems, and that was just a side product of their battle. Anybody who is capable of doing that is no joke, and unless either PIS is involved or Galactus starts off at extremely hungry / weakened state, there is no way in hell that he should lose to Darkseid.

guy222
Originally posted by Hegemon875
I think this is a very close match. Darkseid rules his own planet and has thousands os warships and millions of loyal minions. He even gives superman a hard time. On the other hand Galactus devoures entire planets and is older than the universe. But his weakness is that he requires a huge amount of energy.

Galactus

nvrbeenwthagirl
I still want to know how in the **** Galactus was so big to DS when on Apoc DS in his true form is as big or bigger than Galactus? Something doesn't add up about the comic.

guy222
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
I still want to know how in the **** Galactus was so big to DS when on Apoc DS in his true form is as big or bigger than Galactus? Something doesn't add up about the comic.

I agree with u

Called bad writing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.