six billion dollar man movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dulobast25
Anybody here who is interested in lobbying richard anderson, lindsay wagner, martin brooks, lee majors, universal studios and wb to bring this project into full production and filming. For those who know nothing about this tv series franchise, let me know. fot the sake of inflation, it will be called either the bionic man or the six billion dollar man.

skule
it was one of my favourite shows growing up, however, i could never understand one thing, if he was bionic, why the hell did he have so many "slow" motion scenes??? shouldnt he had moved faster than normal haha

carnage713
six billion $ man sounds way better

alic88
i have no idea what u guyz r talking bout? can u tell me

carnage713
tv show bak in the day(b 4 my time) but i see re runs all the time it was a kewl show

dulobast25
well the same tricks were done in matrix, basically. Think about it. They show slow motion to emphasize the fact that the activity is going so fast. the difference is that at times, in matrix, on person moves at regular speed while the opponent moves in slow motion to convey fast speed by th guy who is going at reg speed. In short the other guy is so slow i'm fast..thus thw other gus is regular an i'm really fast. In six million dollar man, he was slowed down for 3 reasons. first, that he was running so fast, that it had to be slowed down for you to see what it is that he is doing. Remember that at times he is moving in fast motion, but only on appropriate things. You see, and this is reason 2, is that oftentimes, when things are filmed in fast motion, the physics does not match, such as a car driving at 30 mph in a turn and speed up to 60 does nothave the same sway and body roll etc than if you filme a car going 60 mph in a turn..thye look totally different. Doing things in slow motion give the effect of something being difficlut, bulky and heavy. if you picked up a cardboard tube in reg speed, it looks light..if you picke it up in slow motion, itlooks heavy. Reason3 things like fiilming a guy in fast motion..in the backgroung, trafffic is moving, the trees and grass moves in the background and in fast motion it looks fake. Filing in fast motion looks fake...just fast forward your vcr while watching a movie, and the movements don't follow physically law in nature. slow motion alows things to move as they should and havbe psycological effect.

dulobast25
alic, it's about a guy named steve austin, who in an astronaut, testing experimantal aircraft when involved in a crash due to the filure in that craft. His nasa doctor informs nasa that he has shrapnel damage to his eye, his legs are crushed and his right arm 70 missing. His dr, dr rudy wells is steves perosnla trainer and steves' long time pal. A gentleman approcahed rudy regarding austins condition....rudy tells him and tells rudy that he can save steve and that he can live a normal life. Rudy asks how. the gentleman is oscsr goldman (oliver spenser) form the osi, office of scientific intelligence . re reminds rudy of rudys experiments in bionics and tell rudy that he can use this technology to aloow steve to becoem his normal self, physically and osi will cover the costs. Rusy asks what is the catch...oscsr tells rudy that in return stev must perform top secret tasl in which an ordinaruy man nor an anrmy woulsd duit the task. Rudy pioneered the field of bionics, the tech behind cobining electroniscs with biotechnology and in this case nuclear powered artificall limbs. These limbs would allow steve to look and functiona s normal, but steve would possess, superhuman strength in on arm and be able to run speeds of approx 60 mph. we was fitted with an eye to match his with a 20t o 1 zoom lens adn infrared whic in connected to nerve tissue to the visioncenter of his brain as the limbs will be covered with acovering to mimic his fingerprints, his skin temp, color, number of hairs etc and have touch sensors int the tips for the sense of touch. In short steve would be the worls first bionic man. The expenses for the operation and surgey and parts would be 6 million dollars. Steve takes the news hard and reluctanly agrees after he is convinced by rudy. Stev doed not lie the idea of being a freak, nor does he want to be indebted to anhyone and refuses the missions. he eventually agrees adn steve is made bionic. Due to his body providing oxygen for only one arm, he is able to run wothout braking a sweat, and able to see incrdicle distances and at night. Strengthwise, steve would be coniderable stronger than a t-101 and faster than a t-1000 in running and would see farther than either. But has the weaknesss of an actual cyborg such as robot cop. He woul b emore fragile that the terminators and can be killed via bullet or any normal means

he can leap 30' and other feats. And he uses these abilites to complete top secret assignments for the osi (like james bind) in exchange for giving him anew life

skule
i know thats why they did it, its was the cheapeast easier special effect to convince you, i was a lil kid when i used to watch it, yet i was never convinced, i always thought hmm6 milion dollars and he moves so slow maybe he need to oil his parts or something muhaha

dulobast25
well, to me slow motion is used because fast speed looks the most fake and in that time there was no other way to convey his speed. At times they speed it up, bu only at a distance and only so often. You have to admit, fast speed looks the most fake. Anyway i'm sure they will use matrix and blade ii style special effects to convey speed and strenght and jumping ability. The hulk took it a little far, but maybe something in that direction. you have to admit, thye didn't have much special effects in 74 to convey speed. So reverse psychology worked...it worked for most kids and they used in in knight rider. they even used in in t2 on the motorcylcle jump scene, but for diff reason..to emphsixe a particular action.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.