Tool

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BackFire349
Who likes tool? who doesnt?

LanceWindu
They rule!

tool is one of the best on my list

o0tAyLoR0o
*runs in*

ORGY!!

*runs out*

BackFire349
yeah, speaking of orgy, the are about 40000000 times worse then tool. thanks for pointing that out oOtayLoROo

Killer
that's what YOU think

*grabs Tay and runs out*

BackFire349
yeah, and anyone else who knows good music. tool is far more talented then orgy.

o0tAyLoR0o
not really...

Killer
yeah yeah... okay... whatever you say

BackFire349
yes really, orgy could never make songs as complex as tools. i dunno why you came into this thread with talk of orgy, this was a thread about tool, had no need to bring up bad music.

Killer
calm down dude... it's just a stupid thread... it's going to die in a few days anyways...

lefty
*gets angry* *shuts her mouth while she still can* *walks off*

BackFire349
theres already a thread about orgy, that is for talk about....yep thats right...ORGY. this thread is about.....oh you guessed it....tool. Not complicated. Back to TOOL.

lefty
ok i agree with you on this time....... it is a thread about tool and should be about tool

Killer
tool.... hmmmm... what kind?

BackFire349
the kind with muscal talent.

LanceWindu
I love Tool.

Their videos are always from a weird perception.

BackFire349
yeah, but they are kinda pretentious, but they are almost hypnotic.

LanceWindu
I know the pieces fit,
Cause I watched them tumble down

chica16
there aren't words to describe how much i love tool!!!!!!! woo!!

diegocala
Tool rocks! Maynard has a house up here in Jerome, we see him around town quite often, very distant man...but the band rocks!

BackFire349
yeah, maynard seems like the type to keep to himself.

lil bitchiness
A perfect Circle....he did a good job with that too! Twiggy is in APC now i think....
oh and Tool are the most amazing band in the world...'Schism' is possibly one of my fave songs....and parabol going into parabola....genious!
obviously...Sober and Prison sex! Man....Maynard is so talented!

BackFire349
i like patient, thats my fav tool song.

Yeah me too, The patient is my all time favorite song actually.

badkittykitty
tool is so awesome! isnt maynard the singer of a perfect circle?

lil bitchiness
yeah...he is. i mentioned APC cos they are soo good...
their bassist is so cool too....i forgot her name, but shes awsome! big grin

chica16
maynard is my hero

lil bitchiness
Why has this thread died so quickly?! ITS TOOL PEOPLE!!!!

lil bitchiness
Argh....why is thread dead!!!! miffed

They are the most amazing band in the world! Maynard is extreamly creative person..i dare say more so than Manson. They have amazing songs, lyrics and their vidoes are beyond creative (Schism, Parabol/Parabola).

Absoluely adore Tool...

lil bitchiness
Another Aenema one....big grin

loserib
tool rock one of the few bands i have not seen live my favorite song is uligy (sp) and paz is not the bassist for apc anymore twiggy from marilyne manson is

lil bitchiness
I knew that...Shame Twiggy left manson, but hes with Maynard now...DAMN hes lucky!!

loserib
yeah from what i heard he is not going by twiggy anymore he is going by his real name jordie white

stinkfist462
hmmmm i wonder who likes tool - reads sn- ME!!!!!!! im gonna see APC on dec.5 in minneapolis.. HOORAY!!!!! THIRD ROW!!!!!!

lil bitchiness
Stinkfist is one of my fave songs...my fave is Schism im afraid..big grin

I do however love Parabol/Parabola...totaly amazing!!!

stinkfist462
i love stinkfist and blue (apc).......... and i love that one song........ GRUDGE!!!!!

in flames
tool is one of the greatest bands of the 90's my fav tool songs are sober,aenima,hooker with a penis,schsim,lateralus,the grudge

wicker_man
Can't stand Tool, generic sound just like the Deftones, Slipknot etc, totally overated.

lil bitchiness
What?!

Since when do Tool sound anything like Deftones or Slipknot What the f**k?

Slipknot?! What the f**k? Are you serius?!?!

wicker_man
Tool, Deftones, Slipknot whats the difference all have a generic, boring sound to them...all been done before all most likely to be done again.

lil bitchiness
Whos done Tool sound before?! As im aware they have most unique sound to date.......

wicker_man
Tool unique uhhh no!!!! try System of a Down both meanigful and brilliant, The White Stripes, The Red Hot Chill Peppers and Muse also for brilliant uniqueness.

lil bitchiness
So...who did the Tool sound before....if they are not unique who are the similar to? Have you heard tool's songs, lyrics or seen any of their videos at all What the f**k?

loserib
the white stripes unique man their sound has been done a thousand times over before and after them

lil bitchiness
Yeah..thats true!

I still would like to know who are Tool similar to? Who had a sound like tool before them? What the f**k?

Wicker man>Are you trying to say that Tool arent meaningfull? Have you even heard Tool?!?!?!

wicker_man
Well still i much prefer the White Stripes.

In reply to your questions yes i have heard some of Tools released material most notably Hush, Stinkfist, Prison Sex and Sober, they sound similar to that of Metallica, The Smiths, Bad Religion, Stone Temple, Pilots, their drum and base is nothing to write home about very dull and repetitive in fact when i was listiening to Sober i thought i was listeing to Puff Daddys 'Come With Me', for truly amazing drums and bass try Bad Religion, The Mars Volta and System of a Down. Theres three great bands.

wicker_man
Edited ~ Duplicated Thread Input

lil bitchiness
messedmessedmessed Did you just say that Tool sounds similar to Metallica, Bad Religion and Smiths?!

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/helpsmilie.gif

wicker_man
Yep i did all of those bands i have heard only recentley, and Tool have basically taken all the good parts of these bands.

lil bitchiness
Overall i dont think there is a band like Tool, music or video wise! no expression

wicker_man
I totally respect your opinion, i mean thats what forums are here for the discussion and putting forward of different opinions.

lil bitchiness
thumb up exactly...

wicker_man
Although i must admit i am a fan of APC.

lil bitchiness
Twiggy is their new bassist as i understand!

wicker_man
I liked Paz she was great (and hot too).

lil bitchiness
Yeah...she was amazing! big grin I think more girl bassist should be in bands..me hopefully one day too! big grin

But out of all bassist...why pic Twiggy...i like Manson and all, but Twiggy's bass abilitesarent that great..blink

wicker_man
I totally agree we need more female bassists Raychele from Lunar Click and Alexis from Vegas in Space to name but two, i play the drums so i tend to concentrate on drummers need more female drummers aswell.

lil bitchiness
Yeah...agreed! i was just wandering if you knew who is drumming for 'feeder' now?! blink if anyone?

wicker_man
Mark Richardson he was Skunk and Anasies former drummer, orginally he wasn't included in the Feeder lineout what with John dying the surviving members thought it was to soon to call a new drummer to their lineout as a permenant member, Mark was cool with it but now he is a fully fledged member.

lil bitchiness
Oh right....blink

cos i saw a girl drumming in one of their videos so i was wandering...

wicker_man
That video is Come Back Around, the first video single they released after John's death there were a number of female drummers in the video probably to server as 'eye candy' but behind the scene Mark was drumming in that video, i believe they were trying to convey the message that John is still with them and not easy to replace.

stinkfist462
I JUST GOT TICKETS TO APC IN ST.PAUL DEC.5 !!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!

lil bitchiness
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!

I WANNA SEE APC!!!!!! sadsadsadsadsadsadsadsad

in flames
wicker man i cant understand u say tool's style has been done a 1000 times before and they have no talent as i know tool are the most uniqe band of the 90's !

PLUS! you think limp bizkit and linkin park have talent!!! THEY ARE THE MOST REPEATIVE BORING TALENTLESS BAND IVE EVER HEARD

yet its just my opinion..it'll be a huge laugh to compare fred durst or chester to Maynard James Keenen!!!

stinkfist462
well uh sorry lil bithciness but here is the story
i oredered these whe ni first heard about the show
they said i will have the ticketes in a week (i ordered them mid-october)
then i complained many times... so they redid my tickets to FRONT ROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!1 HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

lil bitchiness
*cries uncontrolably* ARGH!!!!!!

And yeah...no one can compare to Maynard...im afraid...no one!!

stinkfist462
exactly... NO ONE......... well there is 2 already who agree that no one can compare..... lol....... *stares and drools at tickets*

lil bitchiness
Stop that!!! lol

sad I thik im off to see Manson on tusday...but now that i know you are going to see APC im not as excited anymore sad

stinkfist462
oh... trade.... LOL YEAH RIGHT!!
ok ill stop now... holy shit my heart is still beating outta my chest... since i checked the mail 2 hours ago.............................................. ohhhhhhhh front rowwwwwwwwwwwww

in flames
lucky!!

but i rather see manson his shows have more hype and im sure he will act werid to shock !!! too bad i live far away!

stinkfist462
i havent listened to manson much so i dont think i would spend 50+ to go see one of his shows.... but they do get a lot of attention and sound fun so wut the hell why not... if only he was here one day... if only if only

lil bitchiness
I cant wait!!! I cant wait for Tool to come to England...COOOME OOOOON PEOPLE!!!!!

stinkfist462
dont they play a lot of there shows in england anyways... it seems they never come to america often

lil bitchiness
They were here receantly supposrting Deftones in London....but it was too far for me to travel...now that i live near london, i cant wait!! eek!

stinkfist462
lol...... lucky....... dammit i would do anything to see tool....... but at least i get to see maynard live on the 5th...... front row......

lil bitchiness
DAMN IT!!!!!!!! lol

HAVE A GREAT TIME....FOR ALL OF US WHO CANT GO sadsadsadsadsadsadsadsad

stinkfist462
lol... ok... its like a show presented by a local radio station and it is dubbed "perect christmas"
row-1 seat-4
row-1 seat-3
50.00 $
93X welcomes A PERFECT CIRCLE no cameras/search required XCEL ENERGY CENTER river centre - st. paul
FRI. DEC 5, 2003 8:00PM

stinkfist462
oh and backstage passes... lol autograph time!

wicker_man
I am sorry but Maynard is not the most gifted of singers definelty not when compared to Chris Corneill, Anthony Kieldis, Matt Bellamy and Serj Tankin.
As for Tools music really what is the hype, it is totally boring, and so if i like Park or Bizkit each to their own. Like Slipknot, The Deftones and millions of bands Tool are just another band cashing in on teen angst, i mean just look at their name and their song titles and lyrics totally aimed to grab attention.

stinkfist462
dude for real.... SHUT UP!!!! jeez............. tool is original and not boring if anyone is boring it is linkin park and limp bizkit.
wtf is " nookie"
or wut the hell is up with rap metal period. it is useless.........

wicker_man
Its just my opinion after all this thread was asking ppl whether or not they liked Tool i merely stated i did not and the reason why.

stinkfist462
but for real ok... one post is enuf.... not like 300000

wicker_man
Well i had to back up my arguement.

stinkfist462
true... ok for real though... stop argueing...... there is tooo many tool fans here to take u on.......

wicker_man
I have a wide range of tastes that extend far beyond Park and Bizkit.

stinkfist462
yeah well tool sound nuthin like no one.. they are prolly the most original band EVER!!!

lil bitchiness
GRRR ARRRG!! devil

lol....jj

wicker_man
Your opinion.

stinkfist462
no....... not my opinion..... almost everyones opinion

wicker_man
Not mine

stinkfist462
well its mine and prolly jus bout everyone who is a huge tool fan

wicker_man
I respect your opinion.

stinkfist462
i still cant rexpect others opinions that are liek way wrong.... but others like yours i can understand.... not really

lil bitchiness
Here is some cool cartoon verstion of Maynard/Tool....awsome huh!! big grin

http://www.rocktoons.com/tool/tool.02.jpg

in flames
is tha tfrom rocktoons.com ? F*cking cool

lil bitchiness
yeah....there are others as well...its really cool!! big grin

in flames
really cool!

lil bitchiness
There are few more i think i might post....im kind of intregued with the KoRn ones..

lil bitchiness
smile i like this one...not as good...

in flames
i think its cooler then the first one and maynard looks weird..i like the choice of colors

smittenkitten
Tool is high quality, one of the only good bands out there today.

-Smitten Kitten-

in flames
well said : simple and true!!!

metallicachick
I love Tool! I've been listening to them forever it seems! They are so awesome!!! One of my favorites

stinkfist462
tool is the greatest!

stinkfist462
WHY IS THIS THREAD DYING..... TOOL RULES!!!!!

lil bitchiness
I dont know...it kind of keeps dying on occasions...sad

stinkfist462
lol... its really sad...

in flames
well i wounder what will tool do with there new album..whenever it comes out...every album had its own thing and i wounder what are the new ideas! its almost 4 years since the realese of the latest record lateralus. so its about time they start working on something.

lil bitchiness
Like i said, Maynard had two albums inbetween that with APC...so i guess he was busy...but yeah, id like to see some stuff by tool soonish! yes

stinkfist462
same..... i prefer going back to the Aenima days......... that cd was my fav....... today is my APC CONCERT!!!! FRONT ROW!!!!

loserib
have fun \m/ \m/

stinkfist462
I DID!!!!

in flames
ya i prefer there aenima days aswell..but id like to see something different from there past realese's

how was the concert ????

stinkfist462
3 words..... the fuking greatest!!!

stinkfist462
WHY IS THIS DYING!!!!

in flames
awhat you think of maynards song on underworld soundtrack ? different/but good

stinkfist462
lol .. yeah tool rules ..

stinkfist462
so umm anyone else here like tool ?

poisoned_heart
NO! tool ****ing sux

stinkfist462
little do you know my friend ... stick out tongue

Darth Revan
I just bought Lateralus... What can I say... One of the best albums I've ever heard. It's so bizarre and almost creepy in a way, yet so god f***in cool. It'll be all quiet for awhile then all of a sudden Maynard starts screaming about something... I can't believe it took me this long to take notice of Tool rock

ElectricBugaloo
Aenima is by far Tool's best album

total metalhead
I disagree, i think Lateralus is their best. Every track is an instant classic. Its certainly they're most consistent album.

ElectricBugaloo
Aenima displays a better continuity, and at least 5 of the tracks are just legendary...

Stinkfist
Eulogy
H.
Forty Six & 2
AEnima

then there are a couple of second tier tracks:
Hooker With a Penis
Jimmy

and Die Eier Von Satan is just hilarious

total metalhead
I still think Lateralus is a better overall record. Plus it contains two of they're best three songs.

ElectricBugaloo
Lateralus has a lot more filler than Aenima. And Eulogy, Aenima and Forty Six & 2 kick anything on Lateralus' ass

total metalhead
I don't think so. There isnt a single wasted track on Lateralus, and Schism and Parabola are Tool's best songs along with Stinkfist

VilleValo462
Aenima ........ i dont think this is tool's best ... its still good just not there best .. it has a lot of good songs ... ( Stinkfist , Eulogy , 46 & 2 , Hooker With A Penis .. ETC . )

Lateralus ..... i think its a tie for best tool album .. its Lateralus and Opiate
lateralus good songs are ( The Grudge , Shism , Ticks & Leeches , The Patient , Parabol / Parabola , Dispositon )

but i like Lateralus and Opiate better than Aenima ..

ElectricBugaloo
no way...Aenima is just way better...

VilleValo462
why do you think its better than Lateralus , Opiate , Undertow , and Salival << this is the worst !

ElectricBugaloo
the songs are better, there is less mindless noise, it's easier to rock out to, Aenima and Eulogy are up there in best songs ever, just the whole thing of purging California from the face of the earth...greatness.

VilleValo462
Aenima is a great song ......
but when i feel like rocking out to tool .. i put on Opiate .. i dont know .. somethin about the original tool CD that is f,ucking awesome !

ElectricBugaloo
the songs in Lateralus are just too...drawn out. it seems at times that they were almost trying just to make the songs longer for the sake of being longer. the songs keep building and building and building...and then at the climax...it's anitclimactic. like coming to the end of a set of stairs and just finding...emptiness. not all the songs, but enough of them to make it annoying

VilleValo462
thats how i feel about the songs on Aenima .. just a few though

total metalhead
i can see where your coming from, but i kinda like that. it makes the songs sound sort of...epic.

VilleValo462
blink yes

Darth Revan
Yeah I have to agree

I know what Bugaloo here means, at the same time I think it's kinda cool

Like there are a couple places where two separate tracks sound like one song, sounds weird I know but it gives it a really unique and interesting sound

Sorta reminds me of the Matrix movies for some reason blink

total metalhead
yeah yeah yeah! Parabol goes into Parabola to form the greatest song known to man (by Tool thats is)

seriously Barfydoodle if you like Lateralus i reccomend you get Aenima and Opiate as well. they are much easier to get into, and if you really like Maynard, try out A Perfect Circle (his best band apart from Tool) well whatever anything by Maynard is worth listening too. the man's a god damn genius

VilleValo462
blabber ?

yes he is a god damn genious

Darth Revan
ok... I'll do that... I watched that f***ing demonic images movie just now and... Well you know the rest messed

total metalhead
shit i hate that thing. ive never jumped so much in my life, i had my speakers up full blast like i always do...traumatising sad

VilleValo462
laughing out loud

norrin radd
What was it like to see
the face of your own stability
suddenly look away leaving
you with the dead and hopeless?

i love tool, what voice (maynard), and drums danny is greate, just like adam and justin. they are TOOL

Darth Revan
I know... Scared the living sh*t out of me... I was shaking for at least two or three minutes after I watched it sad

StinkFist462
laughing out loud
happens to the best of us yes stick out tongue

total metalhead
im wearing a Maynard shirt right now cool

StinkFist462
lol .. im wearing the tool shirt with the wrench dick on the bakc cool

total metalhead
mad i want that one

mines white with a pic of Maynard doing that starey-eyed thing he does in blue cool

StinkFist462
i want that one sad

i got this one that im wearing in a hoodie as well cool

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>