Darth Tyranus?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

EwokTurd
In the wallpapers posted on this site, there is one picture with several characters from episode II. Which one is Darth Tyranus. He is the new apprentice to sidious isn't he? Is it the guy with the gas mask thing, or the guy with the horns on the side of his head like Diablo. Or is he in the picture at all.

theEviljedi
Christopher Lee is actually Tyranus,the new Sith apprentice. As of now,there has been no real photo of Tryanus. The two others you mention are Jedi Council members, Plo Koon and Sasse Tin.

UnknownBountyHunter
Christopher Lee being Tyranus is still a rumor, right? I thought he was just guaranteed to be Orn Free Taa.

theEviljedi
What? Orn Free Taa has already been casted.

Ratcat
Yep, to be played by Matthew Rowan.

UnknownBountyHunter
I have my casting mixed up. *smacks forehead*. Star Wars site is down right now on my computer. I will find out who I was trying to say.

Dim
Lee has been confirmed to play Count Dooku..maybe you meant that. smile

Jedimaster3838
Yeah, Lee is for sure Dooku, but Tyranus is still up in the air, and only been said in the "spy" reports. I know Lee is a great actor and will probably do a good job as the new Sith lord, but he's like 80 years old or something. I got nothing against old people, after all my grandma is old smile but I just find it hard to believe that Palpatine would want an old apprentice. I mean, whats the point? He could die soon and then he'd have to find another apprentice. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to trust Lucas knows what he's doing, he hasn't streered me wrong yet....well except for "Temple of Doom" What was he thinking?

Darth Daft
I still like the idea that Lee is a Rogue Jedi who has run AWOL on the Jedi Knights and is neither a member of the Light Side nor the Dark Side. That would be a cool and original character. IMHO OC

theEviljedi
Lee has not been oficially confirmed...the official site hasn't said so yet.roll eyes (sarcastic)

Raz
Christopher Lee HAS been confirmed by the official site. You can read the announcement here: www.starwars.com/episode-...ews1a.html
The only thing that hasn't been announced is what character he is playing, although they say he is a "charismatic separatist".

Boshuda
There's a photo of Christopher Lee in issue 29 of the British Star Wars magazine(page16).

I believe its taken of Lee in costume.It shows a close head shot of Lee sporting a white beard and moustache and looking very...er..charismatic.
I know Lee has lately been wearing a beard, but he has on a Purple,(for want of a better word),polo neck costume, signifying someone in authority.Senate leader?
The photo has been taken by Sue Adler of the Select pictures fame so it IS a Lucasfilm image.I have never seen a publicity shot of cast members(taken by official Lucasfilm people) that has not had them in costume!!
(im sorry i cant post it on here as I dont have the means)

theEviljedi
That is what I meant, Raz.smile

JediSith
George Lucas has been quoted as saying he thought darth Maul lost some of his appeal in the marketing blitz that followed Phantom Menace, so he wanted to keep the new Sith lord under wraps until the flick got released. Telling everyone it's Dooku doesn't seem the way to keep it secret to me.

However

telling everyone it's Dooku when it isn't Dooku seems like a good way to do just that. Misinformation seems like the only way to keep things surprising in the age of the internet.

Now, i know what you are saying. "Lucas has more things on his mind that fooling us fans". Consider this, however, all it would take from Lucas would be 2 words ("Do it."wink and there could be 20 people competing to see who can get the stupidest things believed by the most people.

=)

Ratcat
I agree, this is something I've been saying for a while now about a vast Misinformation campaign.

JediSith
Consider this...

Siddious might NOT have been the master. What if he was the servant and was training Maul behind his master's back, hoping to kill him and take over. Why not, Vader tried it at the end of ESB. Tyrannus could be using Siddious to gain power (through Siddious' alter ego Palpetine), and get to hang out in the shadows all along. Maul gets axed so Sid is stuck looking for someone else. Vader comes along and they manage it in Episode III.
remember, you didn't get a look at the workings of the Sith in TPM at all. In fact you only saw maul with his master once for about 30 seconds! Then it was off to Tatooine and naboo and a date with death for poor ol' Maul. We assume Sid is the master simply because we are made to assume it by ROTJ and lack of info. Sid was the emperor, right? So it stands to reason that he's the master, right? Lucas has a history of pulling those comfy rugs out from under us.

theEviljedi
But there are always two...NO MORE,NO,LESS.

finti
Siddious was the master alright.The jedi council was able to find out Maul was a sith. Dont you think Tyrannus, if he was the sithmaster, would eventually found out the conspirasy you are suggesting Siddious had. And what do you think would happen to Siddious then?

JediSith
"Always two, no more no less..."

Are there Sith cops that enforce this rule? Some all powerfull Sith Deity that strikes down the one who breaks it? wink Remember DV asked Luke to join him at the end of ESB, had Luke taken him up on it what would he have been? An apprentice Sith Lord. Vader's apprentice to be exact. Behind Siddy's back at that.

"Dont you think Tyrannus, if he was the sithmaster, would eventually found out the conspirasy you are suggesting Siddious had."

Siddy didn't find out about DV's conspiracy (making Luke DV's apprentice as per his proposal to sonneyboy at the end of ESB), and wouldn't have until it was too late had Luke taken daddy up on his offer.

"And what do you think would happen to Siddious then?"

He'd have been pasted. But there are no gaurantees that Tryannus would have known, ever. Siddy is a sneaky b*stard, moreso that Tyrannus. And there are a lot of places in a whole galaxy for a Sith lord to hide an apprentice. Keep in mind that everyone seems to have no trouble accepting that Tyrannus is away from Siddy throughout the whole Ep II movie (unlike Maul in TPM). Why, then, would Siddy have had to constantly be at his master's side under his eye? After all Vader was only with Siddy for one movie in the OT. When the apprentice is away there is nothing to keep him from play. Seems to me a Sith Apprentice could get up to all kinds of mischief let to roam too long (I.E. Vader in ESB again)

It's at least possible. Not saying it's how it is, but there are other scenarios than the ones we have taken for granted.

finti
Well id the jedi council found out Maul was a sith Tyrannus sure as hell would have found out, if he was a sith master. Siddious failed by the way that Maul was killed, that made the jedi council aware of the sith treath and their presence. That would make it pretty easy for Tyrannus to find out something fishy was going on behind his back involving Siddious.
I think Siddious was aware of Vader as a treath thats why he asked Luke to take his fathers place. It was either yo join or to die.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.