Are there a group of Senior Senators?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ratcat
I just wondered if we are likely to see a central group of Senators who oversee the busiess of thre Senate? There were many. many different races, but only one Chancellor and 2 aides.

Do you think the Chancellor has a board of key Senators to help him manage the senate?

BTW: 2000 posts but I'm not REALLY counting.....

theEviljedi
Yeah, there names are Raz,UBH,Dim,EJ,and Xizor...Opps those are the JC members.laughing out loud Anyway,I would assume he forms some type of alliance with the high ranking members{Tarkin?)and uses them to gain more power.

Ratcat
Maybe, I was just wondering because in most democratic governing bodies there is normally cabinet or board of advisors.

Dim
It would make sense for there to be advisors to the Chancillor..I think we'll see something to that effect because there are so many more Senate scenes in EP2.

finti
I think the senate is out of control, and Palpy uses this to his advantage. He seizes control over the senate and are aided by corrupt and "powerhungry" senators. By doing this he gets control over the fragile senate body and by the aid of the corrupt senators, and probably other "second hand guys", he takes further control of the entire republic by deceit which in the end leads to the overthrowing of the governing body.

Darth Daft
I'm no good with politics so I wouldn't really be able to give much of a say in these sort of things. However, I think that the Supreme Chancellor would indeed have a group of senators to help him make decisions in the Senate. Do you think perhaps they would try to make sure the Chancellor does not gain too much power over the Senate, but as things get way out of hand during the course of the next 2 films Palpatine can easily gain the power he needs to take over the Galaxy?
Ha ha, if I sound like a complete thicko there's no need to tell me, k?

Jedimaster3838
I'd imagine that Palpatine could appoint his group of top advisors. He probably picks ones that side with him on everything and support all of his plans. If I was in his posistion I'd do the same thing smile

Ratcat
Agreed, by pulling together his most loyal supportters within the senate he will then be able to maintain his power from Episode-II/III up until Episode-IV.

Remember, the senate does not get disolved until the early scenes of Episode-IV, so that means that the senate must continue on after Episode-II/III have finished.

(That's 15-20 years between III & IV)

Boshuda
Politics/schmolitics!!
I hope Episode 2 dosen't get bogged down in political intruge as I dont find politics that intruiging!!

Let's see some hot laser sword on ass action!!!!!

JediSith
Yes. They are called Sectoral Senators. Palpetine was one. They act like "little" supream chancellors for whatever sector they represent, managing the senetors from the individual systems.cool

Ratcat
Boshuda, I don't think you'll be disappointed. Check out the storyboards thread.

JediSith, where's this info from? Sounds most plausible.

noggins
I think it was in the VD.

But I think the whole group of corrupt senators will be a lot more secretive than has been discussed. It'll happen in the place the last Select was. Maybe it's a little masonic in the way it works. Just a guess though...

finti
Well despite the senators are in a governing body they only represent planets and systems. There must be some governors queens, kings etc with more or less regional powers to run the planet/systems. The cunning plan of Palpy is to use powerhungry leaders as well as corrupt senators towards more power and more control. Together they gain complete control of the senate and forcing opposing senators to secretly rebel somehow. The likes of Mon Mothma, Bail Organa starting small cells of resistance towards the governing body, which are turning more and more in to the shape of totalitarian dictatorship.

JediSith
I got some from the novelization of TPM. It was reenforced by an interview i read stating that Palpetine ran a whole sector rather than one planet.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.