Owen

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jedimaster3838
It appears now that Owen is really Anakin's step-brother and not Obi-Wan's but why the hatred? Is it because Obi-Wan gets Anakin to leave Tatooine in EP II? I hope that something happens in EP III between Owen and Obi-Wan cause based on the reports they never even see each other in EP2. In ANH Ben says Anakin "followed him on some damn idealistic crusade." Whats the "crusade?"

finti
Well Luke calls them Uncle and aunt in ANH, so who knows.

Dim
I'm guessing that the crusade he was talking about was trying to get Palpatine out of power...

queeq
That. Or the Clone Wars. It may be at the end of the Clone Wars that Anakin falls to the Dark Side.

queeq abides

Ratcat
I like Dims idea, perhaps they try and face up to Palpatine and that's when Anakin is truely seduced. Sound like something that would happen in Episode-III to me.

Gundark
Perhaps in Ben's "point of view", he could even have been referring to Qui Gon's "damn fool idealistic crusade" about Anakin being the chosen one. You never know with Ben. stick out tongue

finti
If I`m not mistaken I thougt Ben said to Luke when he gave him the lightsaber.
"I wanted to give it to you once before, but your uncle wouldn`t allow it. He was affraid you might get some crazy ideas from it and follow old Obi-Wan on some idealistic crusade"
Im just taking this out of my head, Ill have to fast forward ANH. AHH I just have to watch the entire thing. cool

Jedimaster3838
I think he tells Luke about trying to give in to him in the ANH novel, but I could be mistaken. I think in the movie he just says "your father wanted you to have this when you were old enough" And thats another thing, when do Jedi's get to make their lightsabers. We know that Anakin will have one in EP2, but when do other Padawans get theirs?

finti
No he mentioned it in the film, just been watching it!!!

Gundark
As I have ANH memorized from start to finish I shall take the liberty of quoting..."Your father wanted to have this when you were old enough...but your uncle wouldn't allow it. He feared you might follow old Obi Wan on some damn fool idealistic crusade like your father did." So, did Owen tell ANAKIN that or did Owen tell OBI WAN that ?? I think when this whole thing finally comes down, Anakin turning to the darkside, its just gonna be one massive wave that will radically affect all the major characters in ways we can't even guess.

finti
Thanks Gundark for those exact quotation. I guess Obi-Wan wanted Luke to have it earlier but was "bumped off" by Owen.
I belive Anakin was unaware of his children, if he knew he would have hunted them down at a younger age.
Thats why I belive Yoda and Obi-Wan went into hiding, to protect Luke and Leia. Obi and Yoda, beeing the last remains of the jedi order, would be better off considered dead. This way they could better protect Anakin`s children and plan ahead for a confrontation with the siths and the empire.

Ratcat
In that case, how would vader know in ESB that Luke was his son. He does know about Luke. Ben says it himslef in ROTJ.

"Your sister remained safely anonymous."

Vader knew of a child but not of twins.

Jedimaster3838
Well, I am sure that after Luke blew out the Death Star the Empire did some research and found out that the person responsible was Luke Skywalker. Vader figured out the rest.

finti
Right on the button, the empire have spies as well as the alliance, Obi wans word in Rotj "the emperor knew as well as I did that if Anakin where to have any offsprings they would become a treath to him."

Ratcat
Exactly, but it is not until the climatic battle on the Death Star II, minutes beofr ehis death, that Anakin learns of a sister. In fact, I'm noot even certain he realises just who is daughter is. I guess he would discover this after he bacame one with the force.

How ironic that he had Leia in his grasp in ANH and did n ot know of the connection....

finti
Yeah and his word are(Darth)
"obi-wan was wise to hide her for me ,now his failure is complete. If you will not turn perhaps she will"
I belive Darth realises who his daughter is at the same moment he learns about her excistence.
Kind off strange Darth was unable to feel any traces of the force in Leia in ANH though, but then again GL had to build the story.

Jedimaster3838
You also have to take into consideration that Leia had no idea that Vader was her father and from what Vader knew Leia was just the daughter of Bail Organa who just had some Force power. Or maybe, we'll come to find out that Vader knows Leia is Padme's daughter but Organa's as well. Maybe Vader thinks Padme and Bail were having an affair thus leading to even more hatred and jealousy. I thought it was interesting in the EP2 preview in the re-releases that Lucas said apart of Anakin's turn involved jealousy, well, what does he have to be jealous of? Maybe its Bail and Padme.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.