Return to OZ

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DeNiro
Return of OZ was the sequel to the wizard of OZ this movie is better then the origanal i rember watching it at 4 years old and having my mom be freaked out about it but i luved the movie the movie is very dark and has lots of intresting and great charatcers in it syuch as the wheelers Jack Tick Tock the elk and the guy made of stone i cant belive how great this was it will always be one of my old classic i show to my kids but it is a very dark squeele compared to the first one but not scary or ne thing just great

Cowboyography
yeah I used to watch this one alot. It is pretty creepy. The Wheelers are super evil, and remeber the sand that if anything touched it would turn to sand too

BOPRecruit 16
what year was that seqeul made and who was in it? maybe i'll rent it.

Evil Dead
1985....................nobody notable was in it...............still a decent movie. I don't know if I'd put it up there anywhere near the original but it's worth a watch if you like the Wizard of Oz.

Tex
Never heard of it hmmmm

DeNiro
the sand was called the deadly dessert and yeah that was awesome

silver_tears
plan on seeing it big grin

DeNiro
i dont know if it will be easy to find but i do suggest to all to go out and check it out cause it is so originally creepy and differnt it just makes the first one suck major ass i think i didnt like the first one at all but i luv the 2nd one

Jedi Normbodia
Fairuza Balk was of course dorthy, and Piper Laurie was i believe the evil queen in it. Fairuza Balk has starred in The Water Boy as the love interest to Adams character. She was also in almost famous as one of the groupies, and American History X as Edward Nortons natzie girlfriend. She's been in lots of movies.

SaTsuJiN
hehe, Its called Return to Oz. Here are some pictures : http://www.angelfire.com/pa/maryanne/rtoz2.html

And here is like an intro (text/photos) : http://home.att.net/~returntooz/Index.html

Great movie, I really enjoyed it. I wanna buy it if I actually see it at the store on dvd sometime. big grin

Sacrifice
I also like Return to Oz better than Wizard of Oz.

The original Oz books are interesting as well. Darker than its movie counterpart.

DeNiro
oo wow i cant belive that that is the girl from american history x i never knew that american history x is one of my all time favs she is a very good actress and return of oz is much better then the first one i think

Blinky
I loved this movie as a kid, much more than the original in serveral ways. But, it seems much too dark for younger children and I bet most kids would get nightmares watching it.

It's very strange, totally different tone/mood than the original. C'mon -- Dorthey is put in a mad-house after talking about OZ too much.

Gloom and doom are throughout the movie and Oz as we knew it at the end of the first movie, is TOTALLY destroyed .

This movie has pretty demented/twisted villians, such as the wheelers, Gnome king and of course the headless Princess Mumby.

I love Jack Pumpkinhead (who I think Burton ripped off, in form of Jack the Pumpkin King) and Tic-Toc the robot.

The movie IMO is an awesome movie, there are not too many children's movies that I watched in my childhood that still I enjoy today, this is one of the few.

Must watch, for anybody who loves dark fairy tales.

Sgt.Shakedown
I really enjoyed this film as a child. I never really cared much for the original but this one was a great film.

Darth Balek
I remember this film. I can't say that I was too impressed by it, but I have not seen it since I was very young.

MildPossession
I adored Jack Pumpkinhead! use to watch this a lot when it first came out, had it on video. Aww. Can't remember if I still have it. It's not hard to find on dvd at all.

Alpha-7
I haven't seen that film in years. I remember my sister was quite scared of it the first time we watched it.

WickedDynamite
I haven't seen this movie in years. I have to see it again.

Zoom
I was only thinking about this film the other day. I would really like to see it again at some point.

That ACDC Chick
hmmm
i think i vaguely remember this movie hmm

Blinky
Originally posted by MildPossession
... It's not hard to find on dvd at all.

Just got in on DVD. Awsomeness.

jayce78
I'll take the Wiz . . .

Blinky
Originally posted by jayce78
I'll take the Wiz . . .

I'm guessing that you are either:

a) black
b) gay

jayce78
Originally posted by Blinky
I'm guessing that you are either:

a) black
b) gay

Or Micheal Jackson.

K.Diddy
The wheelers still freak me out

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.