New Pic of Vader/Vaders younger look

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mephistodesigns
We've had several hints as to what Vader's new look could be. In the Dark Horse comic Empire, we've seen a man seemingly as damaged as Vader wearing a breathing mask, goggles, and a similar chest control system. (there's a pic of this on that freak SuperShadow's site, although he's practically calling it concept art rather than naming its actual source) if they want a quick suit for him until the end, this could work. It does say in the star wars visual dictionary that he wears a much more simple suit before the one we recognize, but again, Lucas could erase this. In another Star Wars comic, the Empire Strikes Back Infinities, Yoda fights Vader and does a mind trick like effect on Anakin, slowly reducing his mind to what it was when he was a child. they do this in the minds eye so we get a nice visual of a pre CT vader suit. now, this obviously wasn't concept art or anything, but they could be little hints from Lucas (since I hear he's been monitoring the comics a little more closely, I read an article in the Insider saying he has meetings with them now, like he does with the NJO authors to help the brainstorming a bit). If anyone has seen these, what do you think? In general, how close to the original trilogy should he look? Does he need to be as close as possible since we'll know its Anakin no matter what anyway? Or just for the sake of coolness, should he look as much as possible like the ANH suit? Obi-wan looks practically the same as old Ben in ANH, will the same be for Vader?

yerssot
dark horse comic Empire = not canon
supershadow = not canon
star wars visual dictionary = not canon
star wars infinties = not canon, not even the correct continuity
lucas = not monetoring every EU source, he just checks them to make sure the plot twists are to his liking (and with Clone Wars comics that's necesarry, they can't kill ie Adi Gallia if she will be in EpIII)

and the latest "look" was just a small adaptation from the ANH costume, or so Trisha B said

mephistodesigns
Exactly, I said that stuff wasn't remotely in continuity didn't I? I just want to know what peoples expectations are. Those are just the examples of possibilities some artists have shown. What does everyone expect it to look like? how different or similar?

LanceWindu
The man you see in the Dark Horse comic wasn't Vader anyways.

Just some second hand man.

mephistodesigns
YES! WE'VE ESTABLISHED THAT!
Sorry. But you guys keep harping on what I said are examples of possible design schemes. A direction it might go but by no ways even related to actual episode 3 pre-production art. I merely want to know what peoples expectations are. Those were those artists interpretations, nothing more. Nothing official. Just neat ideas. What are everyone else's ideas?

LanceWindu
No need to get snappy mephisto.

I'm stating the fact that it's not a hint at a Vader costume at all.

mephistodesigns
I think it was meant to at least look like Vader, perhaps showing the evolution of the technology or something.

So what do YOU think he will look like? (since thats the point of this post rather than to pick apart my not well received examples). I'm hoping they actually take it in a slightly different direction. Similar perhaps to McQuarries original concept art where he was a tad bit sleaker. Something someone young might where, until realizing he doesn't really need mobility cuz he's the chosen one! laughing

LanceWindu
Umm...I'm hoping for a very sharp lined suit, if you understand...like not having so many curves on it.

mephistodesigns
Has Lucas or McCallum given any indication as to a particular direction he's going with the new Vader outfit? That's really the only thing I care about knowing b4 I see ep 3. i've had a good part of the PT figured out for a while, but that and why (exactly) he turns are the to things I just have to know!

LanceWindu
I don't know anything about the direction of the suit, except for it's going to be the same basis as the OT suit.

Lyn
I hope they don't change the suit TOO much, I mean it doesn't have to be identical to the one in the OT but at least remotely similar would be good.

Cowboyography
from Force.net pretty cool

http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/museum.cgi?Museum=Prequels/Episode_3/to-ep3anakin.jpg

mephistodesigns
is this confirmed or is this a fan with great photoshop skills?

Cowboyography
I wish I knew. It was on the force.net

mephistodesigns
why does it say fan art at the top right hand corner of that page its on? wouldn't that mean its fake? Also, someone should check the style against the guy who took over after Chiang as head designer at ILM. If its a close style match, could be authentic.

Darth Hater
that's because it is fan art

mephistodesigns
its dern good fan art too! I was kind of suspicious when I didn't see those bushy Sebastian Shaw like eyebrows. big grin

LanceWindu
Most definately fan art. I've seen this before, I don't like the look.

Clone Trooper
This was made by an AIM buddy that I have talk to b4 it is not the real vader helmet

vvvrulz
Nah dont really like it at all.

Lyn
Sorry, neither do I...although whoever did it deserves some credit.

yerssot
like everyone said: fan art, it's still not deceided how much burn they will get him in

finti
this one is cool though

yerssot
nicely made smile

lots of cut limbs... is his right foot missing?

Rogue Jedi
anakin in a bacta tank...pretty good fan art.

Doohass
Yo Yes. I think his left foot (our right). Looks like it's still there in that pic. Look at that little computer screen towards the middle right of the pic. Thats a really good fan art.

Hypernova
Very good fan art! thumb up whistle

finti
yes it is a very clever fan art piccie, look at all the details around. The screen with those letters down to the bottom right side of the picture.
And take a look at the "medical" picture of Anakin where he red shows his injuries..
all hails to murphyman for his work...........gonna try to look up some more work of this chap

Hypernova
Finti you gonna link it to here? Or post it here?

Captain REX
I think those are rubbish. And they are both fan art. I hope to god he doesn't have some stupid face mask rather than his helmet...

mephistodesigns
he might, just for a while. If he requires life support as a result of his duel with obi-wan (and I think we all know he does) than he will need a temporary solution until THE Vader suit can be made. It had to have taken a long time to have the OT helmet made. Supposedly Anakin designs that himself, but we'll just have to wait and see. I don't take any of the guidebooks seriously anymore.

queeq
Bacta tank... yeah, good idea. Ties in nicely with Luke's path....

the first one of the mask makes Anakin look like Hannibal Lecter.

mephistodesigns
LOL!!!

queeq
He does!

Rogue Jedi
isnt that bacta tank and med droid from ep.5?

queeq
That's the idea of that fan art. It's quite a good idea though, where else are they gonna 'store' Anakin before his Extreme Make-over?

mephistodesigns
That's not the same bacta tank if you do feel the need to get technical Rogue Jedi. And I doubt its the same 2-1B either. But that is a cool and realistic possibile outcome of the Anakin/Kenobi fight. Great detail on the head in that piece as well, even kinda looks like Hayden.

LanceWindu
I can definately see Hayden in that fan art.

queeq
Cool idea... I really like it.

finti
huh?
doesnt it show??????

queeq
Weirdo.

DarkJediStoops
If your talking about this fellow. It's Not Vader, it's Grand Moff Trachta from the Dark Horse Comics.

mephistodesigns
Yeah I know. I read the Empire comics. I'm pointing out that its a similar technology, look between his elbows, see the control panel? The artist was merely trying to emulate a possible Vader like look. But he's not a Lucasfilm employee so its just an interesting take on the sort of technology that might look similar to something we may see on screen. Essentially, published fan art.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.