wierd endings....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

movie_freak
Name some wierd endings of a film you have seen.
The recent one i saw with a wierd ending is LXG. Can't think of any others yet.

Tied Hiker
Short Cuts had a weird ending. Either you liked it or you didn't. It was very random but I thought it worked well.

Sparrows Angel
Spiderman
City of Angels

Hypernova
Identity comes to mind. Thought it was good though.

wicker_man
I thought the ending to American Psycho was pretty weird,it was an ending that took me completly by surprise.

SaTsuJiN
28 days later...

nemo
down to you have a weird ending. and it sucks too. totally unreasonable.

JediOasis
House of a 1000 Corpses. The whole movie was weird so by default, so was the ending. And The Matrix Reloaded ending was also a little on the weird side.

ragesRemorse
american pshyco did indeed have a weird ending. I also think total recall had a weird ending. I think any movie that ends with you having to decide your own ending, like total recall or existenze or even k-pax are weird endings. Im not saying i dont like those endings i just think it's weird to have an ending where you decide what happens after the whole movie is great.

VallejoKid707
x-MEN 2.

Kes
Why?

Ushgarak
Identity's ending wasn't weird, is was entirely explained inside the film.

2001! Of course! King of strange endings!

And from my personal list of films- If...

kerplunkymunky
Vanilla Sky. I had to watch the last 15 minutes like 3 more times before I figured it out. blink

VallejoKid707
kes: well it was wierd and cool at the same time...

Mafia Girl
Mulholland Drive... that comes to mind for me

Hypernova
I don't think I watched it properly... only saw it once.
Like in Mulholand Drive, I kept falling asleep!

nemo
blink how is that. seems normal to me. you mustn't forget they are leaving things for a third instalment.

SaTsuJiN
wierd doesnt necessarily mean bad, at least not to me. wierd can mean it was very artistic and compelling. A.I. had a pretty wierd ending

Curl_Up&Dye
Spiderman, House of 1000 Corpses, The Virgin Suicides, The Rocky Horror Picture Show, the end of Titanic left room for argument, Gone with the Wind, Anne of Green Gables (cheesy example but one nonetheless), Army of Darkness, Pumpkin, Hearts in Atlantis...
there are more that I have seen...but I can't think of them off the top of my head right now.

julibug
Spiderman may have had a weird ending, but it was necessary. It just wouldn't have felt right any other way. A.I. did have a weird ending, but it was cool. I also agree with Vanilla Sky & ExistenZ. Another movie similar to ExistenZ that had a weird ending was The 12th Floor. Also, Dark City.

stormsgreat
gossip had a really weired ending, i thought it was good until the end but i just don't think it was very believable

DrunkenTurtle
I think Memento had an interesting ending, takes a few watches to figure out, anyway.

cgtuna21
I thought the Ring had a wierd ending. It took me a while 2 figure it out.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.