Slaves

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jedimaster3838
After TPM it was assumed by just about everyone that Anakin went back to free the slaves because of the dream he had. Now, with all the stuff thats out there, it doesn't look like he frees anybody. Is him freeing the slaves completely out of the equation now?

IGETMYBEAT
I believe Anakin goes to Tattooine and I believe he ends up killing a bunch of Tuskens, but I don't necessarily believe it's the Tuskens that kill his Mother. I've a feeling his Mother is killed in some sort of attempt to free her, or to free the slaves.

The Tuskens just mess with Anakin at the wrong time...perhaps as he mourns his Mother's death a bunch of Tusken Raiders come by and mess with him...suffice it to say they picked a bad time.

Just my theory. Cuz having her get beat by Tusken Raiders with sticks and stones from 50 feet away is kinda dumb, IMHO.

Jonce
After reading some of the New Jedi Order novels it states that Jedi can see possible futures rather than the accual future. Perhaps Anakin goes to Tatooine thinking that his vision would play out and it goes horribly wrong
We seen that Jacan Solos attempt to rescue a bunch of slaves from the Yuuzhan Vong doesn't play out the way his vision had.
Maybe thats what Yoda ment when he said "always in motion the future us".

Darth Gehenna
I think he goes back to atleast try because awhile ago it was stated that Watto is in the next one, so he's going to run into him again, probably to ask about the slaves.

Ratcat
Watto isn't a slaver as far as we know. He only appears to have Anakin and Shmi in Ep1.

Darth Gehenna
Well I guess he'll go find Watto and ask about just his mother then.

Ratcat
I think that's a given. I hear that watto will be rather down on his luck in II.

Darth Daft
Yup, useless wings and such. He should change colour as well laughing out loud

I think what Jonce said was a rather cool point. It does indeed seem that Jedi see the possible future. When Luke goes into the Darkside Tree/Cave and he sees his face in his father's mask it is obviously telling him that it is possible that he will turn to the Dark Side in the future. Also, according to Timothy Zahn's work, Jedi can also view the possible past. When Luke goes back to the tree he sees a vision of himself back at Jabba's Palace and he gets killed by Mara Jade. That was something that may have happened if Jabba had have actually let her come onto the sailbarge during ROTJ.

I think that it would indeed be pretty good if, as Jonce said, Anakin's dream was just a possible future, but things go wrong and turn out different to what he had hoped. This would have a large effect on him, as it may change his view upon his own powers. He might begin to distrust Jedi powers because, in a way, his powers lied to him. Therefore, he turns to the Dark Side so that he no longer has to suffer the same sort of situations.

UnknownBountyHunter
RC is right, Watto isn't a slaver. He just uses two for labor, there IS a difference. Gardola is a slaver, since she sells them off, and wins them again, yadda yadda, etc., etc.

finti
Watto owns both Anakin and his mother so he is a slave owner, just as bad as a slaver. One cant exict without the other.

Ratcat
Oh yes, I think we agree on that. It's just that Watto, whilst owning slaves for his own requirements, is not a slave trader.

finti
Well he is willing to gamble with slaves as a "price", in my mind that is sort of a trade.

Ratcat
True, but only like he might gamble with say a car or other article when you don't have the money for a bet.

JediSith
But, you see, there are slaves in the Old trilogy. Remember Oola an Jabba's palace? Rather conspicuous CHAIN around her neck. eh? evil face

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.