Edward Scissorhands

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ariadne
I just finished watching Edward Scissorhands for the millionth time, and it is SUCH A SAD MOVIE!!!!! sad One day I am going to go up the mansion on the hill above Suburbia and marry Edward and live happily ever after.

Kes
I always considered it a weird comedy blink

Ariadne
Yeah, it is a weird comedy in some ways but it's also supposed to be a strange fairy tale.

ahaetrkarykl
i wonder how edward scissorhands is classified. its funny and its sad and there are some thrilling parts. one of my favs

johnnys#1 fan
i really liked Edward scissorhands its one of johnny depps best! it was sad but not that movie you just have to feel sorry for edward sad I love Tim burton too hes one of my favourite directors!

ahaetrkarykl
i agree johnnys#1 fan!

billyboyd4ever
yes!!! tim burton is sooo cool....and he can recognize taelnt...ehehhe

Kes
Drama/Fantasy/Romance according to imdb.

billyboyd4ever
ooo...okie dokie...its funny too tho...i think movies are cool when they can fit into multiple genres

LindsIsTightK
Edward Scissorhands is one of the first movies I can ever remember seeing as I was growing up. As a child I can remember that some parts of the movie really scared me, but now when I watch that movie I love it more and more every time.

I guess it is just one of those movies that when you watch it, it makes you remember things from your past.

Is this movie available on DVD does anyone know? Because I haven't seen it out yet that I know of...............

silver_tears
yes i think it is big grin

badkittykitty
I havent seen this movie in forever,after reading this maybe I should!

ahaetrkarykl
its a good one. i think you can get the dvd for like $15 now

julibug
i went to see it when it first came out in the theater. it was cool. when we came out it had been snowing (like at the end of the movie!) love johnny depp - love tim burton - love danny elfman (does music for most of tim burton's movies).

badkittykitty
tim burton has a nack for making some unusally cool movies,they all have the same darkness and sound,just the same feel thats what makes me love his movies so.

julibug
i have danny elfman music playing quite often when i'm sitting at the computer. makes me think of beetlejuice or sleepy hollow or any of tim's dark movies!

ahaetrkarykl
thats really cool that you like danny elfman's music. i love it too. do you have any cd's of his that you recomend?

julibug
he has a compilation cd of several of his movie scores. it's really good. or you could just get all the different movie soundtracks! stick out tongue he did music for sleep hollow, beetlejuice, both men in black movies, spiderman, and many others.

silver_tears
he does music for the simpsons big grin

cogger15
a very cute but sad film sad johnny is great in it tho big grin

julibug
really? for some reason i thought that was the guy who does the rugrats music. i can't think of his name. oh it's driving me crazy! somebody tell me his name!!!!

billyboyd4ever
who cares???

back to esh....does anyone have the soundtrack for esh...i wanna kno how it is....

ahaetrkarykl
sorry i have no idea!

julibug
ok - i looked it up. his name is mark mothersbaugh - he used to be with devo. plus i looked it up & verified that you were so totally correct that danny elfman did the simpson's theme. i guess i just hadn't "heard" him in it enough to recognize his work. oh well. i still like his work with tim burton movies the best. tim burton - sleepy hollow - johnny depp (trying to bring myself back around to on topic!)

julibug
i do, or i wouldn't have asked! stick out tongue

back to esh....does anyone have the soundtrack for esh...i wanna kno how it is....

i just remember hearing the music in the movie & it was cool. i haven't ever listened to the soundtrack otherwise.

ahaetrkarykl
by the way i found that compelation of tim burton's stuff you were talking about. it looks awesome...the only problem is that it was made in 96 i believe so you miss out on a few like sleepy hollow...still awesome though im gonna buy it.

ok trying to get back on topic......edwards scissorhands is a good movie!

silver_tears
yes im a simpsons fan wink know wat im talking bout yes

lil bitchiness
This gives me an idea....im off to start a thread in General Discussions (if i'll be allowed) about the Simpsons...the quote thread!!!!!

Homer: I think i brained my damage! blink laughing out loud

Anyway...ESH is kinda sad, but it kinda has an jhappy ending i think....he wouldnt have been happy if he stayed down in town because of what people were like....he wouldn have become corrupt like the people are who were exploiting him in every way they could think of...this way hes gone back to being the innocent, talented Edward back in his castle...i recon its a nice ending! big grin

yerssot
I always thought it was sad sad

Ariadne
I agree that it's sad. It never would have worked if he stayed in town, but it's always sad to see him up in the mansion alone without his love. Poor poor Edward.

lil bitchiness
Yeah..but he was alone before all that....so...you know...its sad in that perspective, but its happy in the other ones i said, and the fact that he wont die and might have another chance...in different town....

ahaetrkarykl
well he ends up making everyone happy in the town by making it snow so that kinda gives it a sorta happy ending

silver_tears
i cried sad

ahaetrkarykl
so did i...i still cry when i watch it, but it isnt all completely sad tears

cogger15
laughing out loud i used 2 cry aswell!! embarrasment

Kes
Ok because of all this Johnny Depp talk this is what we're going to do.
This thread is about Edward Scissor hands so 1st post saying how hot or how good he looks in the movie will cause this thread to be merged with the Favourite Johnny Depp movies.
And that includes sarcastic posts.

heyuguys123
Johnny is adorable...this movie is so sad but it scared the hell outta me as a kid!

billyboyd4ever
um thats a pic from Goonies...great movie but its not esh... blink

billyboyd4ever
um does anyone kno how much the dvd/sountrack costs?? and whats the special features on the dvd

LindsIsTightK
I am not sure if the DVD is even available. Other people said that it was but I've never seen it erm This movie made me cry really hard, of course I was also just a little kid when I first saw it. A couple of scenes actually really scared me, especially that one in the factory. messed

ahaetrkarykl
the movie actually is out on dvd. here are the special features:

Interactive Menus
Scene Access
Two audio commentaries - Tim Burton and Danny Elfman
Trailers
Still gallery
`Making Of` featurette
Interviews clips

billyboyd4ever
are they good? i mean is it worth getting rite away...?

silver_tears
How I love this movie, I just saw it an hour ago, and I cried cry
I watch it every year around Christmas time love
Truly a masterpiece yes

Tired Hiker
Tim Burton's best movie, I think. I loved it too and Johnny Depp was remarkable for a man who said such few words.

silver_tears
When he spoke it makes you so sad, he's so quiet and lovable sad
I love Tim Burton's work, not to mention Danny Elfman's work in it too yes

MarkHobin
I havnt seen that movie for about 2 years, but i love it, i have been looking for it for so long on dvd, but never can find it, someone said it reminds them of when they were a child or it takes them back, it has the same impact on me, am a grown man i would probably cry again at certain parts of that movie.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.