The Count Of Monte Cristo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

silver_tears
Did anyone else really enjoy this movie?
I loved it even though they did change the ending from the book big grin

ragesRemorse
I liked this movie a great deal. It was well made, with great acting and great delivery. I was however dissapointed with everything they changed from the book. Very little that was in the book was actually in the movie. The first time i watched the movie i hated it from everything that was changed. After watching a couple more times i grew to like it as a movie on its own. It is very good not as good as the book, but a very good movie none the less.

What did you think of the cast they chose for the movie? i thought it was perfect but i know it took alot of heat from critics

ChinaNiki
I loved Jim Caveziel in this. I never really cared for him before. And Guy Pearce was totally evil.

silver_tears
i agree totally evil devil
and jim was excellent too yes

silver_tears
however i wish they made the ending similar to the bookerm

ragesRemorse
i wish they made most of it like the book

vvvrulz
Havent read the book, but the movie was awesome. Deserved more credit than what it got.

silver_tears
i agree not many people are interested in these movies these days
which is very sad considering these people are te true actors who rely on their gifts and talents and not tons of cheesy effects to offset their suckiness sad

ragesRemorse
logic, and intellect left hollywood a long long time ago and there are signs of it ever returning

silver_tears
it was very well done and when the old man dies i actually cried because him and the counte got so close to eachother as a father son figure thing

such movies that can evoke emotion so easily are brilliant yes

ragesRemorse
well it was from a literary masterpiece .that always helps the script writing. but it was The talent of great acting that brought the emotion from the book alive. i felt the urg of veagence with dante's ambitions.

The thing i diddnt like most about the movie though was that dante lost his faith mid way through. In the book, Faith was a very relevant aspect to the story, and it was somthing Dante never lost

silver_tears
well i wish he payed that ***** back evil face

CandyKoRn
like orlando bloom.. mwahahahaha stick out tongue

ragesRemorse
no more like al pacino

silver_tears
orlando bloom can suck all he wants and id still love him lovewink

Kes
NO! Back on topic!

silver_tears
fine i really thought guy pierce was so evil mad

vvvrulz
Why cant good actors like Cavaziel and Pearce get the raps? Its always those buffoon's like Russel Crowe that are the apparent 'stars' of hollywood. There arent too many genuine actors anymore, only pretty faces.

silver_tears
jim is a pretty face wink he looked great in it big grin
however i agree lots of no talnet actors get themselves credit from critics for looks erm

vvvrulz
Orlando Bloom is the prime example smile

silver_tears
*ignores comment* at least theyre sumthing to look at stick out tongue

vvvrulz
big grin

silver_tears
although i must say i think talent with bad looks is alright.......
as long as theres one thing there big grin
but jim has both yes

vvvrulz
lol, and Orlando has neither.

silver_tears
i refuse to talk orlando............
oh man im happy that dude danglars got what he deserved evil face

vvvrulz
haha agreed

silver_tears
too bad they cut him down devil

badkittykitty
I recommended this movie to everyone I seen,it was to great for words!

silver_tears
totally big grin
i have the dvd big grin
very nice indeed yes

badkittykitty
hockey said he was a fan of the book,wonder if he seen this gem?

silver_tears
i agree......this movie is great and the book is awesome big grin
i loved it and i am very happy with the way it came out big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.