Member Movie Reviews?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ratcat
Just a thought, this place is hosted under a rather good movie website and with neraly 50 members already, in just 2 weeks, I thought this might me an idea.

Everyone goes to the movies, everyone see's films, so why not post reviews of the films as you see them? It's no good having multiple review topics per film, but if other people wanted to add there review after someone elses then that would work.

If enough people show interest in the idea, it could possible become it's own section of the forum as well.

Just a thought? Posted here, cos we don't have a suggestions forum any more and GDF didn't seem suitable for this topic as it would get *******ised too quickly. Comments anyone?

Ushgarak
Great idea. I need more movie money though... must see The Hole.

Darth Pants
That's a really good idea. I'm sick of paying for reviews where the critic has had a bad day and wants to take it out onto paper. A more balanced, average view put forward by lots of people would give a better idea. I agree with Ushgarak though, it's a pain trying to get the money and time to see every film you want to see when it's on at the cinema. sad

razman
Sounds like a great idea.

Ushgarak
I could have got everyone to see Memento when it was onm for a start. It'll be getting a larger American release soon though... at roughly the same time it's coming out on video in the UK... VERY odd...

ratcat
That happened in reverse with Galaxy Quest. A week before the UK release, it was avialble on DVD in the US...

Ushgarak
It happens that way around quite a lot-you can do stupid things by importing Region 1 DVDs...

Everyone watch Memento!

ratcat
Well, seeing as you keep going on about it I hope you're gonna post a review of that one....

Ushgarak
I don't think it's worth it. It got the most ludicrously limited release in the UK, and I don't even think it's out yet in the US.

Which is odd- beauase it's a grade A film, with the people who played Trinity and Cipher from the Matrix, and the guy who played Eckersly in LA Confidential, every critic LOVED it to death... why no wide-scale release?! Criminal.

I'll post a review, RC, if you think it's appropriate to review an older film... well, only about half a year old, now.

ratcat
I can't see why not. Just mark it us as a review. I think we can review movie releases, video&DVD releases and even pay-per-view. Might be worth coming up with a standard set of leads like.

MOVIE REVIEW
VIDEO REVIEW
DVD REVIEW
PPP REVIEW

Dunno, depends if people can be bothered to write reviews or not.

MochaChica
http://www.angelfire.com/cantina/kolabomm/final_trailer7.mov

Norma Jean
Wtf..? This thread is over 3 years old.

forumcrew
yea and the movie reviews forum has already come and gone

Cinemaddiction
...the hell? What the f**k?

JKozzy
The link doesn't work.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.