Betcha someone else thinks up the name Ben

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

IGOTMYBEAT
Another useless topic here goes...

I just knoooooooooow Obi-Wan isn't gonna think up that name himself.

Betcha sometime, somewhere, we will hear the words: 'Ths is my friend, Ben.'

It'll be some kind of scene where a friend of his is trying to sneak him in somewhere. A guard will come up to them and Obi-Wan's friend will say: 'This is my friend, Ben.'

Just my hunch cuz I can't see Obi-Wan sitting there picking a name out of there air for himself.

OR...if Luke is a toddler by Ep III he could mess up Obi-Wan's name cuz toddlers can't ever talk right.

Jedimaster3838
I always wondered where he came up with that name. I mean, Ben? Its a little different than Obi-Wan. And he says to Luke "I haven't gone by the name Obi-Wan since before you were born." And then on the Death Star when Luke says he is with Ben Kenobi, Leia recognizes it immediately. I guess Bail Organa knows about the whole "Ben" thing. And while we are on the subject, Leia said that General Kenobi served her father in the Clone Wars, well from what I've heard Bail doesn't play a very large part in the next film. And I am under the understanding that EP 3 will deal mostly with Anakin's turn and Obi-Wan's involvement, where is this "serving" going to take place?

IGOTMYBEAT
Jedimaster3838 is it true GL got the name Coruscant from the EU?

Jedimaster3838
Yeah, he had an idea for a planet that was just one big city and the center of the Universe, but he never gave it a name. The actual name, Coruscant, came from the EU.

IGOTMYBEAT
thanx i never knew that.

Darth Gehenna
I think either Owen or even Bail Organa would give him that nickname.

finti
Mess up ob1 name so it sounds like Ben? come on.
Why shouldn`t ob1 come up with Ben, its not like its the hardest name to think of.
Mayby he is actually called Ben by birth and Obi-Wan is his given name when he becomes a jedi.
Look at the name Qui-Gon, kind of similar build up. Perhaps the jedi master names his apprentice.

Darth Daft
Perhaps Ben is his middle name. People do sometimes go by their middle name if they don't want to reveal their real one, so I see no reason why it shouldn't happen in Star Wars. But then I guess that's a bit of a boring way of him getting the name...Geez still 495 days to go....

Ratcat
I thought WAN was his middle name. smile

Darth Daft
Hmmmmm, nah he's kind of like these people who have names like Amy-Jane and Sally-Ann or whatever.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.