Movie Trailers Too much given out/That wasn't even in the movie?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jedi Normbodia
Now is it just me, or has the movie industry up and ruined our enjoyment of movies by giving out way too much info, plus what about all those scenes we look forward too, and don't even see. Can you name a couple like that. Wanna know the trailers that gave away pivital plots and trailers that had things in it that weren't even in the movie. I will give you one ALONG CAME A SPIDER Hello, preview not at all like movie.

Metroplex
Swordfish. The only time they used the password Swordfish was actually at the end of the movie. In the trailer they made a big deal about it.

ragesRemorse
this used to upset me. I then realized that these over revealing movie trailers are a godsend. The reason being is because they save you from wasting money and going to see a Bullshit movie that has only enough entertainment to fill a 30 second compilation of a movie trailer. You ever go see a movie and you realize the whole movie was given away in the trailers? Im sure you have if youve been going to see movies lately Thus is because there is no substance in many movies anymore, and the entire plot along with most of the entertaining scenes can be given away in 30 seconds or less

the trailers that are worse are the ones that don't tell shit about anything involving the movie. It was liek a trend to do that couple years ago-make it seem all like artsy and mysterious..it all started with "eyes wide shut" trailers, no one knew wtf that movie was about(and i still don't know!)

vvvrulz
Some of em are MUCH too revealing. Id rather know very little about a movie when i eventually watch it. Take Matrix Revolutions compared to Matrix One. Revo as pretty much exposed what its all about in the trailer, whearas M1 had that cool as "What is the Matrix" teaser. Trailers are supposed to get us hooked in, not to tell us the story.

Jedi Normbodia
what about the film FULL FRONTAL it did that, gave us nothing to work with, plus the movie's title. VERY MISLEADING.

silver_tears
such a shame roll eyes (sarcastic)

lukeyduckey
Everyone is saying that The Italian Job re-make tralier revealed it all.

ChinaNiki
i hate when they advertise a comedy and put all the good jokes in the trailer so when you see the movie there aren't any more good jokes than the ones you've seen a zillion times in the trailers

ChinaNiki
and another thing: why do they have to advertise movies practically a year in advance with a cool looking trailer, but then you have to wait forever for it to come out?mad

alic88
2 keep u interested

AnakinFan
I confess I'm all about trailers. I yahoo trailers all the time. I saw Along Came Polly with Ben Stiller and Jennifer Anniston and it has to be the funnies trailer I have ever seen.
I don't think the trailer for Return of The King looks all that good but I will be there.
Trailer for Cold Mountain looks good.
Masters and Commander is awesome.
I think the trailer for the Last Samuri is going to be the best part of the movie.. the first trailer was bad and there wasn't any interest in the movie then wadda ya know, new trailer!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.