Anakin, ALL the cool Sith are doing it!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

IGOTMYBEAT
I can totally see why Senator Palpatine might need a nickname. I mean as slow and stunted as the Jedi were in TPM, you would think that if a DARTH Sidious was nominated for Chancellor they would put two and two together and realize: 'Wait just one second Mister! Darth? Isn't that what comes before ALL Sith names? And doesn't it seem strange that he was smiling when Queen Amidala decided to go back to Naboo??? He must be a Sith Lord! Get him!!!'

But why does Anakin need one?

Way I see it...in Ep III Anakin will turn to the darkside, and will go by the name of Darth Vader while doing Darth Sidious' dirty work.

BUT...as the Jedi mount one last ditch effort to overthrow him, Ani comes running claiming to have seen Emperor Palpatine for what he REALLY is! A LAWYER!!! And a Sith Lord. And Ani will convince them that he wants to join them in their attempt to overthrow Emperor Palpatine.

You see...as far as the Jedi know, Anakin is just Anakin, they don't know that Anakin IS Darth Vader. As far as the Jedi know this Darth Vader they've been hearing about is just ANOTHER of Sidious' apprentices...Darth Maul, Darth Tyranus, Darth Vader, what else is new?

Ofcourse Ani IS Darth Vader and he leads the Jedi into a trap and they're totally SCR@WED.

Right afterthat , BTW, is when I think the Obi-Wan/Anakin duel occurs.

Darth Gehenna
Palpatine a lawyer, now that's scary! I doubt he would even go by the name Vader until Epsidoe IV.

finti
All the siths are called Darth, they take the name Darth Whatever because it`s probably part of their custom/religion.
Just like when they elect a new pope, he takes on a new name more related to the gospel of the New Testament.

IGOTMYBEAT
But there has to be SOME practical reason I mean, can you imagine Palpaine and Anakin sitting in a room?

Anakin: but why?
Palpatine: BECAUSE I SAID SO!!! ALL THE SITH ARE DOING IT!
Anakin: but WHY???
Palpatine: DUDE!
Anakin: dude...
Palpatine: DUUUUUUUUUUUDE!!!!!! YOU JUST HAVE TO OK???

There has to be SOME practical reason for it.

And BTW I think Anakin will be known as Darth Vader before he ever dawns the black suit. Take Darth Maul, he's just Darth Maul, he doesn't have to be in some bulky suit to get a cool Sith nickname.

Anakin is a Sith Lord, or a Sith Apprentice before he is forced to put on the suit.

Darth Daft
Yup, many people believe that Anakin will be called Darth Vader during his fight with Obi-Wan in Episode 3.

IGOTMYBEAT
And all Sith Lords have DARTH at the beginning of their names because it means DARK LORD OF THE SITH.

DARk lord of the siTH.

Get it? DARk lord of the siTH. So it's like Darth Vader you're saying, LORD Vader, Dark lord of the sith Vader, or Darth Sidious, LORD Sidious, DARk lord of the siTH Sidious, Maul, Tyranus, Gucci, Homer, etc.

Ratcat
I think that was made up by some over enthused fan bioy or girl. But the addoption of a Darth name appears to be a right of passage inbto the SITH order I feel.

Darth Heinous
Darth is the title all the new Sith Lords take. It's a tradition that began with Darth Bane. The earlier Sith Lords did not use that title.

Darth Heinous
Darth Vader killed Darth Sidious/Palpatine. The apprentices have long since been killing their Sith masters. Consider this: Freedon Nadd kills Naga Sadow to become the master. Freedon was in turn killed by Exar Kun, who became the next Sith master. Has that really changed with the Darth clan Sith Lords. Will Anakin kill Darth Tyranus to become the Sith apprentice? We all know he would plot to kill Darth Sidious/Paplatine to become the Sith master.

Darth Heinous
If Darth Tyranus gets killed in episode 2, it's possible that Darth Sidious/Palpatine would replace him a Dark Jedi, only to have Anakin kill him to become Darth Vader.

funk to funky
the EU is irrelevant
the EU is irrelevant
the EU is irrelevant

Jedimaster3838
The EU is not irrelevant, where do you think Lucas got the name Coruscant? There is no mention of that name anywhere until "Heir to the Empire" was released by Timothy Zahn. While I don't think we should see any EU characters play major roles in the PT, its still fun and pretty important to the SW universe.

Darth Daft
Plus the fact that Darth Bane and some basic history of the Sith was mentioned in the novel of The Phantom Menace. Although the novel isn't cannon I'm sure GL still approved of that particular tale of how the Sith religion began.

finti
Darth Bane is actually GL`s work

IGOTMYBEAT
OK but I'm just saying I think Anakin will do his Palpatine/Sidious impression and Anakin/Vader will lead the Jedi into some kind of trap.

Darth Gehenna
What if Lucas did Epiosde III in such a way where it seems that Anakin is killed and Vader assumes his position as Palpatine's apprentice, and then it's not revealed until Epiosde V that Vader is Luke's father. This could be done in theory, and would be great for future fans of Star Wars.

Ratcat
But Ben and Yoda knew the truth.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.