The Crow: Wicked Prayer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

slinger
I know that there will never be a Crow movie as good as the original but they're making a new one. It sounds pretty cool. It's called The Crow: Wicked Prayer. Edward Furlong will be the new Crow and David Boreanaz will be the villian. I got the plot from A Boy and His Bird (that's actually the name of the website), here's what it's about:

"Set in the American southwest, WICKED PRAYER tells the story of ex-con Jimmy Cuervo and his girlfriend Lily who are murdered by a satanic gang referred to as the "Four Horseman of the Apocalypse", led by Luc Crash & his girlfriend Lola Byrne. Jimmy returns from the afterlife as the "Crow", an immortal vigilante who must come to terms with his new powers and the poisonous temptation of revenge, culminating in an epic battle between the Crow and the devil himself."

SaTsuJiN
I know backfire is going to throw in a delicious comment about this one, so I agree with him... wink

Kes
laughing out loud

lol Edward Furlong as the Crow?
S its mini-crow laughing out loud

ragesRemorse
any movie after the original is a travesty to the greatness that is "the crow"

ahaetrkarykl
i agree

BackFire349
Terrible.

SaTsuJiN
LOL no its 'mini drug rehab hasbeen' crow O_o

alic88
u never know. edward furlong is very talented , i m sure all of u know he was in t2. he will b good

Kes
Yes he's good in Before and after,American History X and T2.
But his oposite great actors in the 1st 2 and the 3rd is a great action movie.

Neo_Version 7
The Crow with Brandon Lee was kicka$$! The rezt of the sequels were crap.

SaTsuJiN
I honestly think Edward furlong was born to do the terminator series. Such a shame he threw it away. I dont think he'll make such a good crow (in my opinion) sad

BackFire349
Absolutely Terrible.

Gravity Kills
I have alot of hope in this new crow movie. No one is a bigger fan then me, and to be honest I even liked the crow movie for what it was. The only thing i did not like about it, was judah. The Third one I liked alot more two but nothing comes close to the orginal.

Gravity Kills
Since the new movie is coming out soon, I was just wondering what everyone thought of the francise. When i say that I mean the movies, comics, the novels, and everything else.

Lord Soth
Haven't seen any of them, but they look really cool.

Lord Soth
Excpet for the 1st one, they don't look very good. In the second one, the Crow looked like his makeup was clownish. A disgrace

wicker_man
The first one rocked, but the enjoyment was sort of marred by the tragic circumstances that famously surrounds it, the darkness of it was really gritty but still maintained a comic book style. Haven't seen the sequels but being a Buffy and Angel fan i may have to check this one out to see how David Borenaz copes in his role as the bad guy.

ragesRemorse
the original was a spectacular movie. The rest are just horrible. They are nothing more than garbage trying to make money off of the cult following the first one started. The t.v series was even worse than the attempted movie sequals. I Never read any of the novels, but the comics are exceptional . The comics are the best part of the crow franchise, even better than bredans screen presence on the original

vvvrulz
Ive only seen the first movie, and its awesome. cool

Lord Soth
Haven't seen any of them, but they look really cool

BackFire
The first one is good, the rest are crap

Lord Soth
As it always is w/ series of movies

ragesRemorse
there are alot of exceptions. sequals may very rarely be better than originals, but there are some series out there where the sequals are just as good or better.

BackFire
it's rare that a sequel is better then the original. the only time this is the case is when a full trilogy was planned from the beginning.

SaTsuJiN
The first one was awesome , 2nd one blew and so will the 3rd one....
they'll never top the first one so they should save themselves the money and humility. Brandon Lee was the best 'movie crow' (since its a comic book n all).

Discos
I have only seen the first 2 movies, I didn't much like them unfortunatly. I don't like dark films like that and the way he "became" the crow was weird and pathetic

Superman5452
The Crow, Wicked Prayer is gonna be part 4 not part 3
Part 3 had Kirsten Dunst and Eric Mabius

Lord Soth
Indeed, there was: The Crow (Brandon Lee) 1994

The Crow: City of Angels (Vincent Perez) 1996

The Crow: Salvation (Eric Mabius) 2000

The Crow: Wicked Prayer (Edward Furlong) 2004

Lord Soth
Wow, this was resurrected from quite a while back

VilleValo462
sure was ..

DemonicGambit-2
Hm not sure, but I agree with everyone else here. Sequels are never a good idea, but for some reason I keep coming back like someone with a short memory span...superman5452 don't say a word.... Anywho, I loved the original it was the best one every, terrible about his death though sad

Superman5452
Turtle!!!!!!!!! HaHaHa!!! stick out tongue

DemonicGambit-2
Turtles have good memories remember? stick out tongue Who's the 'turtle' now?? You bum-turkey

Superman5452
is this movie ever gonna come out?

MildPossession
Edward Furlong is a good actor, so looking forwards to seeing what he can do in the fourth one, massive fan of the first one, didn't like the last two.

Release dates I don't know, but Germany is getting it in November!

Soth
Nope, it's going straight to DVD

TheFilmProphet
Turns out the official name is "Wicked Prayer" now and not "The Crow: Wicked Prayer" and the release date is set to be somewhere this year in 2005.

http://media.movieweb.com/galleries/967/posters/poster1_full.jpg

Spectr4L
^That artwork looks quite nice.

I've only seen The Crow II, and I somewhat enjoyed it. The sets and art direction were superb. Very atmospheric.

Soth
It's been confirmed that it's going straight to DVD

TheFilmProphet
Yeah I know that was a pretty long time ago.....

TheFilmProphet
Its being released in two days, July 19th.

Amazon Link

http://image-hosting.olnevhost.net/images/3275-B0007US7DA.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.