Another Theory From Chryen...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

theEviljedi
Chyren sure has some of the best theories.(This is on Shmi's purpose in Star Wars) Read on...

It is a psychological thing, I believe, the major plot issue that Lucas alluded to with Anakin & Shmi. I stress I am guessing all this.

The biggest life lesson that Shmi gave to Anakin was that all beings should help one another with no thought of reward. What has happened to the Lars homestead is that it was attacked by thirsty Tuskens, whom Clieg Lars fought off with his son, getting (possibly mortally) wounded in the process. Realising that the Tuskens only wanted water because without it they could not survive, Shmi goes out to offer water to them in a gesture of peace. The Tuskens, mistaking this for another attack, and frightened by past encounters with brutal humans, beat her and take the water.

So Anakin learns the hard way that trying to help other beings only loses you your most beloved. And his heart starts to blacken.

Personally, if that's the way it goes, it is a very compelling reason for Anakin to start down the dark path, and a believable one,I think. If that is Shmi's story purpose, then it's not a waste, IMHO. The prelude to all this, of course, is an unknown factor and really holds the key.

Dim
Hmmmm where is all this info on Cliegg and fighting over water coming from?..

I'm not sure I like these "Chryen theory" topics...I'm all for everyone making up their own theories..not just reposting his....

Raz
Are we to assume, that Shimi took water to the Tuskens right into the desert, possibily miles away??? How on earth would she know where they are??
I think the theory of her getting some "special herbs" from the desert is more plausible.

queeq
How about by landspeeder?

It's an interesting theory, but going out into the desert to bring water to walking mummies that shoot at passing pod racers? Mmmm, that is an odd storyline.

queeq abides

Dim
A little too odd for me at this point..I think I'll wait and see on this one.

finti
Well this theory makes Shimi go from a caring and big heart for other people and species to complete stupidity.

funk to funky
no, he's wrong.
Schmi, doesn't die at all.
She is the Sith Witch.

queeq
Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooookay....

I think this approach to Shmi's death would be a bit too corny. I kind of liked the scene as described in the Virtual Edition really. After Anakin finds his mother murdered by Tuskens he ignites his sabre. We then cut to another scene, I think they suggested a scene at the Lars Farm. Then we cut back at Anakin putting his sabre back in his belt with lots of dead Tuskens lying around. Teehee.

queeq abides

IGOTMYBEAT
Ya this would suck but thankfully it's far too corny and it won't happen.

Boshuda
I agree...Anakin killing sand people just dosen't gel with me. As for the 'coming after water theory' ...I can't imagine why an indiginous species such as sandpeople, who have survived for eons on Tatooine, would risk their lives for something they could easily find themselves. Sandpeople are nomads and shy away from other species (any one see any Tuskies in Mos Espa/Mos Eisley?)It is only when others stray into their territory do they attack!

theEviljedi
And while Anakin is slaugthering Tuskens we see Padme and R2 completing 3PO.smile

Raz
How would Artoo help build Threepio?? Does he weld?

Boshuda
Didn't you catch the scene near the end of Empire where R2 is welding 3PO's leg back on? R2 is the droid version of the Swiss army knife!

Jonce
....complete with cork screw, nail clippers and that stupid mini-saw that serves no purpose what so ever.

I think the first we heard of Shmi getting killed by Tuskens was that fake script that was supposedly 'stolen' from the E2 set.

Gundark
finti is right. The idea of intelligent, caring, hard working woman like Shmi who has made the best possible life for her and her son despite being slaves, suddenly goes blindly off into the desert to help Tuskens. No way man. It ain't happening. I still think Shmi is going die by complete accident, something so simple in nature that it just totally freaks Anakin out. Maybe something he himself unknowingly put in motion or could have easily prevented.

queeq
Well, the things about Anakin slaughtering Tuskens in secret is maybe not the scene itself, but the idea that the dark side reveals itself to us viewers, but that Anakin keeps it a secret from his master, the Jedi and maybe even from himself.

queeq abides

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.