Pleasantville

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

silver_tears
I loved this movie and definately want it on dvd nowbig grin
It is very interesting and raises some valid points of our world today....

What are your thoughts on it......
wat did u like or dislike?

BackFire349
yeah it's neat.

silver_tears
its very well thought out big grin

ahaetrkarykl
ya i thought it was really interesting. it makes you think and i like that. it was also very origional. one of the few movies i liked reese witherspoon in

ragesRemorse
great movie with a good message

silver_tears
its sad though how they corrupted their world erm

billyboyd4ever
yea it kinda is....but it was a good film...haah i saw it when i was like 7 tho so i was kinda grossed out by the kissing/sex scenes but still it was good

silver_tears
yes very yes

LindsIsTightK
I loved this movie. I wanted to see it from the second I saw previews for it. Reese was great in it and so was Tobey smile I'm gonna buy it on DVD as soon as I see it around.

Kes
I like it, Joan Allen is great as always.

Neo_Version 7
Very good film. It was inventive and very thought out in my opinion. Beides, that ***** Reese has sex in it, so I gotta give it pointz for dat!

silver_tears
most important thing huh roll eyes (sarcastic)

Hegemon875
I thought it was a great movie. But I don't understand why the sister, can't remember anyone's name, would want to stay there.

silver_tears
apparently she was just putting on a false image on the outside world...
like she was all slutty and such when in reality she was a good girl
and staying there let her be who she wanted to be happy
i think thats why big grin

silver_tears
saw it again and love it even more now!!

SlipknoT
Its a pretty good movie.

The Unknown
The only thing that I think was wrong with it was that it didn't explain if anything in the real world was affected by RW staying in Pleasantville (Did everyone execpt Tobey forget about her and the world is changed that she never existed, or is she going to be on a Missing Persons List?)

silver_tears
I doubt that blink
If she stayed in Pleasantville it was as if she was never born I think blink
Interesting question you raise yes

silver_tears
I haven't had any luck buying this movie sad
I want the dvd really badly, but can't find it mad

Kaleanae
I like it, is very interesting and teaches something good smile

silver_tears
I like the Walgreens commercials, they remind me of it embarrasment

sentinelrv
Do you live in a place called perfect????

BlackC@t
I really like this movie! the actors were really good! I just watched it before.

Silver if you want the DVD badly the I suggest you buy it on DVD from Amazon.com. smile

Jackie Malfoy
I heard it was good so when it was on tv I watched it and I could not stand it.
I don't see why alot of people like it.For one thing it was very liberal.(sorry if that is not spelled right) and second of all it was just not well throught out.
My dad and stepmom likes it but I did not.Maybe becaues they remember that time or something.Don't know parents are weild.JM Happy Dance

carnival_junkie
I less than three that movie.
I found it so humorous.
Mainly because it was such a... culture clash.

Arachnoidfreak
Their world wasn't corrupted, it was just changed. Pleasantville knew nothing of individuality before Bud and his sister arrived. They gave everyone in Pleasantville something to live for, change.

They're not "weild", they're intelligent, more than I can say for you. Apparently you like everything and everyone to be the same, and you never want change. You say it's liberal like that's a bad thing. Do you realize that 'liberal' comes from the same base word as "liberty"? Are you against freedom and individualism Jackie? I feel sorry for you if you are. It's people like you that invoke the predjudices we have today.

angelsflame265
haha i was just watching this on t.v

its a good movie

MornGlory
you were 7!!!! im getting old - I was like 20 when I saw it in the theaters-

a good movie about good and evil -

notice how it had an adam and eve sinerio (sp?) the woman started the down fall into evil - when Reese Witherspoon started doing different things ...

ragesRemorse
this moie was okay, but it was to long.

shugie99
wasn't a big fan. i don't like movies that take place in the 50's.

Aku
It Was Shite

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.