Obi Vs Anikin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mashton
If Obiwan fights Anikin, will obiwan win?

I think not...I think Anikin will be hurt but that Obiwan will be 'killed'.

In episode IV Obiwan does not really exist....hence when killed he just disappears....same for Yoda...almost like they return to help Luke.

Perhaps they can sacrifice themselves somehow to the force so that they can return to restore balance...

Just a thought.

mephistodesigns
uhhhh, i really hope not. roll eyes (sarcastic)

yerssot
tis all a fog about the vanishing thing,
close thing you can get is about it being related to the prophecy

mephistodesigns
if obi-wan WAS dead in ANH, why did his "ghost" look so different in the other two?
Just going on what GL has used as influences on the Jedi practices, I've always thought that when a Jedi focuses, they can make themselves disappear, make themselves die, like some buddhist monks have been rumored to be capable of. This always explained Obi disappearing just before Vader's blade touched him (and he did pull back and close his eyes in what seemed to be concentration) as well as Yoda's disappearance. I think whether or not you disappear has little or nothing to do with how or if you materialize later. I think thats more of a personal choice. that jedi who have a reason to retain their conciousness and corporial look do so. As qui-gon would want to warn the jedi and obi-wan would want to help out Luke. In the AOTC novelization, when Yoda heard Qui-gon, he thought 'but isn't it impossible for jedi to retain their conciousness and not become one with the force?' Perhaps no one ever had a reason to, the galaxy was at peace for the last 1,000 years. Supposedly Anakin disappeared but it didn't happen on screen, its just in the Databank. I hope thats wrong because it would throw off my theory since qui-gon died without preparation and didn't disappear. If the databank is wrong, then Anakin also died suddenly-ie w/o prep time, and as such did not disappear. I think the spirits of Jedi only do come back when they have a reason to. I already pointed out why Obi-wan and Qui-gon did, then in the books (I know its EU but it follows the movie rules and is merely for example) Anakin came back to make peace with Leia, and Obi-wan stopped visiting Luke because he said Luke didn't need help anymore so it was time for him to become one with the Force. So yeah, tear me a new one everybody, I'm ready! big grin

yerssot
that's all based on it being a "common" trick, which it wasn't

DarkJediStoops
Anakin will take out Dooku at the start of the film. Then he'll take out Windu (mid film). Then Anakin will fight Obi-Wan (late film) and get is @ss kicked, hopefully eek!

mephistodesigns
what do you mean common trick yerssot? I don't understand.

yerssot
well, in ANH, when OB1 is dead/disappeared, he doesn't walk away to go after Luke and the others
he just looks at it, and starts searching with his feet to check if OB1 has gone very very small or something like that wink

so, with him being surprised, it shows that disappearing isn't a "trick" that the Jedi have known for ages, it's something new and unknown to Vader

mephistodesigns
and that differs from what i said how? if qui-gon is the first one to have done it, the jedi who speak to his spirit will be the only others to know how to do it. Who would he most likely speak to? Obi-wan and Yoda. Who do we see do it later? Obi-wan and Yoda. So if Vader seems shocked, it means that he was gone (ie with Palpatine) and didn't know of it yet. I never said it was a "trick". I hardly think making yourself die would be a "trick". It means he'll be in spirit form and able to help Luke ANYWHERE. Be it at Dagobah or speeding over the Death Star in an X-Wing. As I pointed out, Qui-gon is the first to do it. Yoda was shocked at hearing his voice. You really think they're gonna take the time to teach it to Anakin who will no doubt be bad by the time Yoda and Kenobi learn it? Of course Vader'd be shocked and its already apparent its not normal when friggin' 874 year old Yoda doesn't understand it.

yerssot
from this:

probably didn't read it all

mephistodesigns
you didn't read it all? well thats not nice big grin
But I think that's why Ben tells Vader "I will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine". He knows how to do it, and he knows Vader doesn't. And, going with what we've seen in PT and that we know Ben and Yoda help hide the twins, and that they will no doubt be the ones to speak to Qui-gon's spirit, they will be the ones who know how to do it.

obi-wan090
obi wans a bad ass no one can say he isnt he killed darth maul saved the queen in episode two he fights head on with the badest bounty hunter in the galaxy he fights count duku and last longer than anikin (if you noticed) AND BEAT ANIKIN IN EPISODE 3 WHEN ANIKIN WAS FULL STENGTH

SS_181st_Snow
You bumped a 2 f*cking year old thread for THAT!? The hell is wrong with you?

overlord
Originally posted by obi-wan090
obi wans a bad ass no one can say he isnt he killed darth maul saved the queen in episode two he fights head on with the badest bounty hunter in the galaxy he fights count duku and last longer than anikin (if you noticed) AND BEAT ANIKIN IN EPISODE 3 WHEN ANIKIN WAS FULL STENGTH You must have come here from Google and registered solely to reply in this thread. Better be a little more observant next time, eh? evil face

kalsemo
Originally posted by obi-wan090
obi wans a bad ass no one can say he isnt he killed darth maul saved the queen in episode two he fights head on with the badest bounty hunter in the galaxy he fights count duku and last longer than anikin (if you noticed) AND BEAT ANIKIN IN EPISODE 3 WHEN ANIKIN WAS FULL STENGTH

eer

Ballister
What a moron... How could he not notice the 2-year-old date...

JKozzy
Well, in his defense, it's not like there's a rule that says "don't bump two year old threads." It could be worse, he could've made an entirely new thread. And it was his first and only post here.. so how would he know?

Though the post could've been more... accurate.

((The_Anomaly))
is it so hard to spell Anakin correctly?

seriously... huh

Ballister
For some people, apparently...

JKozzy
You're criticising someone who joined over two years ago to make one post... erm

Ballister
Damn you're right... We're really pathetic!

Council#13
ancient thread!!!!

bogen
back on topic, obi vs anikin.
well obi is a level 8 ani a level 9.

so there is an advantage there, but wen ani becomes vader his fighting style noticibly becomes more visious and more so raging.
which means he's more likely to go for power not speed=more predictable, slower but harder to counter

obi, is more intune with the force, he would rather use force push than accually kill ani. which probably means he's hold back abit e.g in the final scene in the fight in III between the two, instead of cutting ani in two as anyone eles would, he mearly cut him up, insured that he'd stay living therby givving him a chance to redeem himself.

truejedi
Originally posted by bogen
back on topic, obi vs anikin.
well obi is a level 8 ani a level 9.

so there is an advantage there, but wen ani becomes vader his fighting style noticibly becomes more visious and more so raging.
which means he's more likely to go for power not speed=more predictable, slower but harder to counter

obi, is more intune with the force, he would rather use force push than accually kill ani. which probably means he's hold back abit e.g in the final scene in the fight in III between the two, instead of cutting ani in two as anyone eles would, he mearly cut him up, insured that he'd stay living therby givving him a chance to redeem himself.
Ya know, NOBODY really wants to talk about what would happen "if anakin fought obi-wan" he already did. If it really needs discussing it belongs in the versus forum anyway. Let this thread fade peacefully away...

AntniEllison
fade to a galaxy far far away

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.