The Origin Of The Name...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

theEviljedi
A friend of mine contacted me about this very interesting story. Read on...

Obi-Wan seems to be the Jedi Council's "go to" man. Why would they want to make it apparent that a Jedi was looking for information on Kamino and Count Dooku. Has anyone thought that maybe Obi-Wan is using an alias when he goes to Dexter's Diner and/or the Coruscant Nightclub? Is it possible Dexter knows him only as "Ben", a very un-jedi like name. He may be wary of giving information to Jedi. We don't know what Obi-Wan wears to the Diner/Nightclub, and Anakin obviously doesn't wear the usual Jedi Garb, so maybe they figure they wont be recognized. Maybe they hide their lightsabers, and when Anakin brings his out to frighten Elian Sleazebaganno it blows their cover, and this is why Obi-Wan "lectures" him in Padme's apartment, not only for using his weapon for intimidation for for going gung-ho and blowing their cover. Years later, when Ben again needs to go under cover he ressurects his old alias. I think it would be a neat way to tie it in, and we wouldn't have to deal with a Hamfisted explanation at the end of Ep. III. It would just be assumed.

This seems like it could very possiblly be the origin of the name, Ben Kenobi. It is total unexepected and has a very intersting twist to it. Could you see this happening?

UnknownBountyHunter
Dexter? Elian Sleazebaggano? *Holds ears tight* Someone HELP me!!! Who are these people?

theEviljedi
You obviously don't read spoilers.roll eyes (sarcastic)

UnknownBountyHunter
Spoilers are GOO! 'till Episode II big grin smile big grin smile big grin smile

theEviljedi
GOO? Are you drunk again,UBH.laughing out loud

UnknownBountyHunter
Nope, beer free 'till 5:03 laughing out loud

theEviljedi
laughing out loud It must be 5:03 laughing out loud

Dim
It must be looooooooong past laughing out loud

Jedimaster3838
I really like that idea EJ. It would be a cool little thing to hear and that lay to rest where the name "Ben" comes from.

funk to funky
That would be a nice way to tie things together.

Gundark
That would be a very likely explanation. I feel like I've seen a whole scene in the movie already. Hmmmm....smile sad smile sad

theEviljedi
Well, it's probally not going to happen. It was just his speculation.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.