Marilyn Manson..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

shadow_angel
First of all, I JUST found out about this particular part of the forums, but ANYHOO! Since I'm such a music freak and the fact that my life revolves around it,I'll be spending alot more time in herebig grin

Back to the topic, Marilyn Manson. A lot of people love him and alot of people I hate, I myself don't like the man hinself, but I like his music. Even though he does ridiculous things to the bible and throws live puppies into the crowd until they die, I think that he is a very smart and well spoken man. What do you guys think?

LindsIsTightK
I liked his song The Dope Show, and there was another one too on his Mechanical Animals cd that I liked, but other then that, I really don't like him much at all. He truly scares me.

BackFire349
Crappy musician. Relies on shock tactics rather then his music to get promoted. That says something about his confidence in his own music.

loserib
you know i have seen him 4 times and not once have i ever seen him throw puppies out to the crowd i think he is an artist and the only thing ive seen him do with a bible is rip pages out of it so what are your fav songs by him

VampirePrincess
I don't like him. He copies artist and all he does is shock people which is lame. At least put some substance in his songs!

BackFire349
oh wow, an anti religious act, how original roll eyes (sarcastic)

Fire
manson is nuts

yerssot
dunno, don't know the dude that well
but I'm not interested in him at all actually messed

Thing_1
I think his music is alright but he trys to hard to shock people.

Thing_1
tries**

BackFire349
Not really, he's normal, he just uses that as a gimmick.

julibug
i'm not a manson fan. not at all. but the first time i heard his cover of "sweet dreams", i thought it was truly creepy. that was kinda cool.

Sparkle
He's a ****-up freak in my opinion. Imagine killing puppies on stage, thats ****in sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mad

loserib
he really does not do that

BackFire349
Everything he does is to get the attention off of his mediocre music.

loserib
i take it none of you have ever been to one of his performences he has a great live show and does not really do the stuff you guys say

VampirePrincess
I seen him and he copies other artist. lol... He is not orginal.

LindsIsTightK
I don't think Manson acts that way just to get attention. I think he acts that way simply because he is being different from everyone else. And you know who cares if he does it to sell records? I mean c'mon, be realistic here, every person on these boards would make a sell out record all for the money, and anyone who says that they wouldn't is lying. I think Manson is smart for what he's doing, I mean hell, he's making a hell of a lot more money then anyone of us ever will, so the more power to him.

BackFire349
I wouldn't, I have dignity.

And even if peopl do it, that doesn't make it right. Musicians should be applauded and paid for their music, not their gimmicks.

LindsIsTightK
Well people have a tendency to do the not so right thing in the world today. I think you say you wouldn't, but if it ever came down to it, you would rather be making money then be a nameless nobody.

BackFire349
If I'm going to be a somebody, I'd do it by relying on skills/talent, no whoring myself to the public.

Killer
GREAT GUY
AWSOME MUSIK
intresting acts

BackFire349
SHALLOW GUY

GENERIC MUSIC

ACTS/GIMMICKS STOLEN FROM ALICE COOPER

Sparkle
Plus his music gives me a headache!

There's absaloutly No talent there @ all, all he does is scream down the mic while looking really ****in ugly!

Complete waste of money in my opinion!

Terheji Materpa
Did Marilyn Manson write any of his music. Because everyone tells me that he just takes other peopls music and remakes them.

Filth
I like Marylin Manson his songs are great, very meaningful. I know he creeps alot of people out but I think its great, its original, there will never be anyone who can replace him as he is so different, and that i think is why he is famous.

SlipknoT
Correct, hes famous for his image, not his talent.

Lilli800
I don't like him and he might be famous because of his image not talent but why people would go for his image, the way he looks, acts etc. is beyond me. But each for his own I guess.

Filth
Originally posted by Lilli800
I don't like him and he might be famous because of his image not talent but why people would go for his image, the way he looks, acts etc. is beyond me. But each for his own I guess.

As you rightaly stated, to each his own, i have nothing wrong with the way he acts/looks because atleast he has his own thing, not like bands we could mention who just follow the trends *cough*Eminem*cough* to be famous, his image has meaning he is making him self into a freak and the more people hate him the more well known he is, if you truly hated him you would know nothing of him but because some many hate him so much is known about him.

Blue Dragon
Originally posted by shadow_angel
First of all, I JUST found out about this particular part of the forums, but ANYHOO! Since I'm such a music freak and the fact that my life revolves around it,I'll be spending alot more time in herebig grin

Back to the topic, Marilyn Manson. A lot of people love him and alot of people I hate, I myself don't like the man hinself, but I like his music. Even though he does ridiculous things to the bible and throws live puppies into the crowd until they die, I think that he is a very smart and well spoken man. What do you guys think?

He doesn't actually do that puppy thing does he? I'll believe anything so please do tell, I doubt it, no ones that horrible.

Filth
no the puppy thing is unfortunataly not true.

Morning_Glory
what puppy thing ? cry

Morning_Glory
i hope that puppy thing isnt true! Thats sick!

Red Superfly
He bites the heads off of ophans and small kittens. And he practises necrophelia. And he likes Simple Plan, so I'm told.

loserib
he likes simple plan thats it bi have to burn all his cds

Darth Revan
Originally posted by shadow_angel

That puppy thing was a hoax... He's never actually done that. It's against his religion. yes And there's nothing wrong with tearing up a bible. It's a book, sheesh.

I don't care too much for his music, though I like the occasional song of his. I do think, however, that he's said some very interesting (and bizarre) things. He's decent enough, lyrics-wise, but I hate it when people liken him to a rock god.

Red Superfly
I think he's made a few good songs, to be fair. True, they are all covers, and the originals are ten times better than his versions, but hey.

He ain't "great", not by a long shot, but I'll listen to his version of Personal Jesus or Sweet Dreams, but gimme Depeche Mode and Eurythmic anyday over Manson.

In person, I think he's a bit of a pretentious arse. In fact, I'd say he's incredibly pretentious, one of the most pretentious "musicians" of all time, in fact.

SlipknoT
I was inot him when I was 9 confused

Blue Dragon
Originally posted by Filth
no the puppy thing is unfortunataly not true.

Phew

loserib
alice cooper throw out a chicken though

Deathblow
Nothing beats Ozzy's bat biting.

Alpha Centauri
If I remember rightly, both were accidents.

-AC

loserib
yeah they were

Blue Dragon
Originally posted by Deathblow
Nothing beats Ozzy's bat biting.

Is that actually true? I've heard stuff but surely....

loserib
yeah he thought someone through up a rubber bat but it was real had to get rabbis shots and everything

Red Superfly
Yeah it was a total accident. Benefitted his career though.

Blue Dragon
I see...so it was an accident? Sure?

loserib
shit i would do it on purpose if i thought it would benifet my career

Red Superfly
Originally posted by Blue Dragon
I see...so it was an accident? Sure?

Yeah, its been coverred on literally anything to do with Ozzy thats been on TV.

He thought it was a fake bat and bit its head off, only realising afterwards that it was real.

SaTsuJiN
I have his 'smells like children' , 'anti-christ superstar' and 'mechanical animals' albums... I dunno if I like the newer stuff.. although i liked the original soundscapes he made for the first resident evil movie. I dont really care for his attitude persay, but I do like some of his styles and viewpoints.. if he knows whats gonna sell he's gonna do it.

KharmaDog
Manson's act was done in the &0's and 80's by Alice Cooper. Except Alice was original and actually made some decent music. Alice Cooper was also honest in that it was an act in which he could present his music.

Alice Cooper's image was about his music, Marilyn Manson's music is all about his image. Big difference there.

I think it's kinda funny that all his fans bought into his crap only to realize that it was just as empty as all the things Manson rants about.

Konjammenson
his music and his image go hand in hand for sure. his music would never have succeeded if angry teens didn't also have a visual to fall in line with......don't know if that made sense but i do like ketchup sandwiches.

Ginger_Fish
Originally posted by VampirePrincess
I don't like him. He copies artist and all he does is shock people which is lame. At least put some substance in his songs!

you don`t like him... okay, that`s your opinion but which musician doesnt copy other artists?
and in which way is he "shocking"? thats new to my mind... blink

Alpha Centauri
There are loads of musicians that don't copy.

-AC

Darth Jello
puppy killing? please, don' believe everything you hear. the most shocking thing he's ever done onstage is assaulting a cop with his dick (which I personally find hilarious).

Ginger_Fish
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
There are loads of musicians that don't copy.

-AC
i just wanted to say that he isn`t the only one... rolling on floor laughing

Blue Dragon
Originally posted by Darth Jello
puppy killing? please, don' believe everything you hear. the most shocking thing he's ever done onstage is assaulting a cop with his dick (which I personally find hilarious).

OMG, no way! Ermm....I don't know what I think og him now... confused

~AlluNeedIsLuv~
I really hate MM I think he is horrible and scary and I can't believe he kills puppies *cries* I don't even think his music is good no

Deathblow
He doesn't kill puppies confused

And anyone scared by a skinny pale guy wearing too much make-up needs to toughen up a little. And he's not actually horrible, in fact he's quite an interesting and pleasant guy from what I've seen and heard, apart from when he's in the studio manufacturing his crappy shock-rock.

Blue Dragon
Anyone met him?

PINBALL
I hate him hes just a freak trying to get attention by doing weird things and the way he looks just gives you the creeps

nebri
well i have listend manson for a long time through periods of my own life that has had some relivancy.
his lyrics are profound and sometimes very in the face attitude.
i prefure the song nobodies as it is powerfull and i think because he expresses himself through music and art , it fritend peeps who not willing to exept the out of the ordinary.
overall i think manson has proved that society is still in the dark ages!

TheKangarooster
i think shit loafs of bands did that long time ago and are still doing it but not everyone goes around spreading rumours or tekkin it up the batty and then goin on tv to show it around. thats just sjubid

Blue Dragon
Originally posted by PINBALL
I hate him hes just a freak trying to get attention by doing weird things and the way he looks just gives you the creeps

The way he looks shoudn't be judged & it's not important the way he looks.

Patient_Leech
New Manson album, Born Villain (May 1, 2012).

And an interesting did-bit: Johnny Depp to Appear. I hope he doesn't cause the song to suck.

Patient_Leech
A quick YouTube search discovered a couple new songs...

uldZBoOByzE

That one's not too bad.. hopefully it'll grow on me.

GdkhXQ7URlw

That one's not bad either. I'm liking it okay, I think, from my first impression at least. I'm not exactly blown away, though.

Myth
I'm think Manson is OK. I really like many of his singles, but most of his non-singles are boring as shit and sound a bit like non-singles of Nine Inch Nails (which I don't like). I saw Manson live once and was kind of disappointed. It was fun because of his antics, but his sound quality live was not too great. The venue was one that doesn't always do loud music justice, but other bands that I have seen there made it work well enough (like Serj Tankian and Avenged Sevenfold).

Patient_Leech
I have mixed feelings about Manson, myself. I think his lyrics are either brilliant, kind of clever, or repetitive, immature, and annoying. But overall I find him rather addictive and I find myself listening to him over and over again. I like Twiggy Ramirez's work, but I'd really like to hear some more John-5/Manson material. That dude is a killer guitarist (I really like his solo/instrumental material) and I think they came up with some great songs together. For example...

gTYbwuyZYgA

Patient_Leech
Oh, snap. New video. Viewer Discretion is advised...

http://www.lifesrefresh.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/parental-advisory.jpg

VTG_-jHEGLU&skipcontrinter=1

juggernaut94
I don't know why I used to crush on Marilyn Manson. Grew out of it. But I do listen to them occasionally. The music isn't too bad.

Patient_Leech
I think I need to start lowering my expectations for the new album.. then i'll probably like it more. I liked the last album, but it was far from perfect.

juggernaut94
Bloody hell, they're releasing a new album?

Patient_Leech
I have mixed feelings about the new album. Some good songs, some that grew on me a little, and quite a few mediocre at best ones. I guess it's pretty much what I expected. Manson really needs to revamp his style. The title track "Born Villain" is really cool, though.

Patient_Leech
New album Heaven Upside Down...

...when the f#ck is the thing coming out??

Patient_Leech
New Manson finally leaked. It comes out October 6th, I think.

What I've been able to listen to so far is pretty gloriously irreverent.. laughing out loud

Song titles like "Say10," "JE$U$ CRI$I$," "Revelation #12."

Patient_Leech
New album "We Are Chaos" came out last year and I have been loving it. It really grows on you. It's so good.

lQJFP1INGxs

FniF0kSvWGg

qAmUf-kK_l4

Patient_Leech
I'm sure no one is paying any attention to this here, but the big news is that Manson has been named as an abuser for Evan Rachel Wood and maybe a couple other victims. They dated back 10-15 years ago or so. It's a little disturbing if it's true and is breaking lots of Manson fans.

cobhBZmiihU

Manson, of course, denies it...

Personally I suspect he is guilty of some unsavory shit. He wasn't abusive toward previous partners as they've stated, but drugs and his ego are probably large factors. Not to mention apparent dark tastes.

walshy
Wow you the only one been posting here for 8+ years. The news about Manson is really disturbing, I always thought he was a decent guy but I guess in relationships behind closed doors etc he's different. I'm a fan of his hits like beautiful people, fight song, mobscene etc.

If he can't prove his innocence then his career is probably over if it wasn't already

Patient_Leech

Surtur
Yeah we have no proof but he was swiftly cancelled anyways.

Proof anyone who says cancel culture isn't a thing is an idiot.

Patient_Leech
Yeah, so after a lot of digging and learning more about the Amber Heard/Johnny Depp situation and the fact that Evan Rachel Wood is closely associated with Amber Heard (that definitely hurts her credibility quite a lot), I've changed my perception on this quite a lot. I was leaning towards Manson's guilt initially, but now I'm leaning much closer to his innocence. It's a perfect scheme: who in mainstream media is not going to believe allegations of Marilyn Manson being an abusive degenerate? With all his controversial lyrics and statements. Hell, even I fell for it initially. The only person who might be an even EASIER target would be Eminem.

(Amber Heard has done grave harm to the credibility of any legitimate domestic abuse victims)

Some of Evan Rachel Wood's previous statements about Manson make her recent claims extremely unbelievable...

And there are others.

This is some good perspective on the situation...

PMMrKAg_4vQ&t=1s

Surtur
And one of his other exes came out saying she never experienced anything like this.

Not proof he never did anything, but usually men like this do this to most of the women they date.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Surtur
And one of his other exes came out saying she never experienced anything like this.

Yes, I mentioned that. At least 2 other exes (I think there might actually be a third). Dita Von Teese and Rose McGowan (who is a huge figure in the Me Too movement, so if there was any indication that Manson was an abuser she would certainly share it). The video I posted she mentions some of this, the fact that even in Rose McGowan's autobiographical book she mentions that she and Manson had a boring domestic life at one point and he painted watercolors and wanted to chill and watch movies and such.

Is it possible that Manson was so devastated and drugged up and despondent from his divorce with Dita Von Teese that he went into some dark, abusive shit with the much younger and more vulnerable Evan Rachel Wood? I suppose that's possible, but there needs to be evidence. And ERW's previous comments about their relationship greatly contradict her more recent testimony. And yes, of course she could have been trying to put on a show of being happy at the time afraid of retribution from her abuser, but the quotes are still very sincere and genuine, just like Manson's other exes.

And ERW's association with Amber Heard (an established fraud and narcissist) and the fact that she, too, is doing this activist thing, it gives her testimony a potential for being a little self-serving, to promote her status as a survivor to bolster her credibility as an activist. I would be more likely to believe ERW if she dropped the activism persona and just spoke normally about it. I think it would potentially give her more credibility, because that is clearly what Amber Heard did.

BackFire
It doesn't help Manson that he looks like a weirdo.

Surtur
Hell some tried to blame him for Columbine. Yet he said one of the most intelligent things about it when asked what he would have said to the shooters "I wouldn't have said anything I would have listened, because that is what nobody did".

BackFire
Yeah. He always seemed really laid back in interviews.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Surtur
Hell some tried to blame him for Columbine. Yet he said one of the most intelligent things about it when asked what he would have said to the shooters "I wouldn't have said anything I would have listened, because that is what nobody did".

Yeah, now it seems like it was inevitable for "Me Too" to get Marilyn Manson eventually. He's public enemy #1, so he apparently pissed off the wrong girl and here we are. They're counting on no one doing this sort of digging and most people won't...

I'm pretty sure part of the allegations is that he was controlling about who they talk to, how they dress, etc.

So yeah, I call bullshit. I think the relationship went sour and this is her psychotic revenge, like Amber Heard.

VGhWsFobXRA

Patient_Leech
Some hilarity in this situation is that ERW actually accused Manson of "hiding a drug addiction from me." (See Image attached below). A guy known for songs called "I Don't Like the Drugs, But the Drugs Like Me," and "The Dope Show," and a transcript from an intro to a live version of "I Don't Like The Drugs..."

6AMhbwPDUPc

It's hard to make up comedy this good. It actually strikes me as arrogance. It says, "Look at the stupid shit we can claim and everyone will believe it..."

Patient_Leech
That great YouTuber I posted above has released several more videos related to the Manson case and it's all been very interesting indeed. Including one that just came out today in which she interviews one of Manson's personal assistants. Here it is...

-t-1wygFTWs&t

And isn't this fascinating: a movie about-- well, let me just copy and paste the summary from Rotten Tomatoes:

Isn't that interesting! Here's the trailer...

m1_ud4OUn7k

carthage
I heard I think either Mechanical Animals or Antichrist Superstar walking to weights class when a skater gave me the CD to play on my CD player way back when I was 14. I've been listening to his music on and off for about 16 years never really considered myself a fan until about 2018. I really don't care about the allegations I can separate art from the personality behind it

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by carthage
...I really don't care about the allegations I can separate art from the personality behind it

Right, I agree. However, given that Manson's music seemingly condones certain abusive behavior, it would greatly fu#k up my ability to enjoy his music if I knew that he was actually doing these things to women in real life.

So that's why I was greatly interested to know the truth.

So take extra consolation in the fact that the allegations are total crap. It's a coordinated #MeToo hit job...

XbQY2aGaLqc&t

Patient_Leech
In case anyone here is still following this, there has been a development or two. Esme Bianco (the Game of Thrones accuser) has actually officially sued Manson or something... and Manson's lawyer issued a statement (it's attached below).

And this wonderful YouTuber just released a video interviewing one of the other accuser's Ex's. It's very interesting...

tX_C9oCQiBg

And this one I haven't watched yet, but I guess it's self-explanatory. Sounds like it's meant to be a more concise summary of the evidence (or lack thereof)...

ryMNW3rnQhA

And some Evan Rachel Wood analysis (I haven't finished watching these yet, either)...

a93PM3gr3WM

MC3KLoJ1dX0

llFIF_BlJ3I

Patient_Leech
Booom! Click the text for the full document of Manson's lawsuit against his main accusers, Evan Rachel Wood and Illma Gore. This is a pretty juicy read.

BRIAN WARNER, p/lda MARILYN
MANSON, Plaintiff,

vs.

EVAN RACHEL WOOD; ASHLEY GORE,
a/k/a ILLMA GORE, Defendants.

And an article about it...

TMZ - Manson Sues Evan Rachel Wood... SHE FALSELY POSED AS AN FBI AGENT!

Patient_Leech

cdtm

cdtm
Never mind, makes sense now.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.