Which is the best Star Wars book ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pablo007
Well...

yerssot
perhaps thrawn-trilogy but some others are nice too smile

mephistodesigns
Darksaber was good. So far I've really liked everything from the Thrawn duology (about Luke and Mara hookin up) on has been good. Finally brought some drama back into Star Wars. But if I could only pic one: Shadows of the Empire. Vader is such the @#$% in that! You learn a better appreciation of him to.

SlayerChick1188
I liked the Thrawn duology too. Luke and Mara getting married was so random big grin

I liked Courtship of Princess Leia too big grin

This doesnt mean there weren't many other great bools (Zahn Trilogy, etc.) These were just my favs...

Baylin
I quite like the han solo trilogy, kinda funny the way he's the bane of Boba Fetts life.

yerssot
I always have trouble with the han solo trilogy and another trilogy named to him or something like that messed the han solo adventures?

mephistodesigns
courtship of princess leia was really good, i forgot about that one!

Rogue Jedi
darth maul:shadow hunter.

Julie
hmmm probably one of the NJO.....Rebel Dream.....

JediHDM
yeah, the new jedi order are good, but i like the old school...gonna have to say Original Thrawn, not the new one, the trilogy...oh, and the Rogue squadron are great also...

Admiral Halsey
NO!
I allways hated the courtship of Princess Liea...
For many reasons,
But aside from that not ebgin the ebst book, it defiatly has to be vison of the Future, The final screan with Pelleaon and the Major can never be beaten.
Dark tide II ruin isn't bad either...

Halsey

Julie
NJO......can't say which one.....but the old ones are nice too....I liked Thrawn trilogy and even courtship of princess leia

Volundro Ramm
Taitor by Matt Stover. No Doubt. Or maybe the Han Solo Trilogy. Or even I, Jedi.

JediOasis
I'm partial to the Jedi Academy Trilogy by Kevin Anderson because they are the first SW books I ever read. But the NJO is good too.

Long Live Kyp Durron!

Dirty Vader
I liked the jedi academy trilogy to, but I thought volumes 2 and 3 were
not as good as volume1.
For me, The Thrawn trilogy is the best especially the second volume
Dark Force Rising.

Julie
Final Profecy wasn't bad either

Dirty Vader
evil face

Dirty Vader
Courtship was good, even though the falcon is not armed with proton torpedoes.
sad
I thought that Warlord Zinj died to easily though, and wasnt even
suppose to because the falcon does not have proton torpedoes!
mad
And to finish, how can a single Hapan Battle Dragon manage to put up a good fight against a whole fleet of star destroyers in which there's a super-star destroyer. confused

mim cloudwater
i like all basically equaly except the thrawn trilogy which is the best, and crystal star, and crystal of the minds eye, which are the worst mother fricken starwars books ever made and the authors should be hanged and cut into a thousand peices with a lightsaber. luke with 10mins training of the force defeats vader in a saber fight, in which the next movie vader totaly whoops ass on him, there is no such thing as a "crystal" that magnifies the force, thats making starwars into some little kiddie show. and if luke cant use the force(crystal star) he would not be paralyzed and acting like a vegtable

VengeanceGOD
I can't believe I forgot this one. I just finished reading I, Jedi by Michael A. Stackpole for probably the third or fourth time. I think it's my overall favorite, with Traitor coming in a close second.

Julie
I only read I Jedi once...but I do remember liking it

Fallen Jedi
Both of the Thrawn series hands down. Timothy Zhan is brilliant!!! big grin

Side note: I hated Callista. mad

mim cloudwater
i hope everyone agres with me that crystal star portrayed luke as a weak pitiful human when without the force. and that crystal of the minds eye is what a child would come up with, i mean luke defeating vader, before he even met yoda and was trained. and the "force magnifying cyrstal" how absurd is that

Gotwa
Vision of the Future
Spectre of the Past
Last Command
Starfighers of Adumar
Han Solo Adventures (Trilogy)
I, Jedi

-edit- The Crystal Star was an awesome book. The only reason Luke was weak was because of a star on the verge of going Super Nova, and it affected the connection between Luke's Midichlorians and The Force. And, for without the Force, he would have been much better off than others.

yerssot
sorry... can you repeat that again? the crystal star was...awesome????

Gotwa
The plot itself sucked, but it was wonderfully written.

VengeanceGOD
Everyone hated Callista. They did finally kill her off, right? There's no chance that if I ever become an EU writer I'll get to kill her?

Julie
I don';t know what happened to her....quite frankly she was so boring...I lost interest and didn't worry about whether she'd been killed or not

mim cloudwater
If Luke was as much normal as everyone he wouldnt be going, "arghhh the force is gone, somone help me up i cant stand, shoot i just peed in my pants, i cant control my own bodily functions" that is why i dont like it. its a terrible reprentation of the force.

you guys talking about callista sparked a memory, in that dualogy i beleive, the yaslarmi dont create a solid buble that stops the force but is concentrated in the center and fades out slowly to a lower and lower amount. this is a strong conflict between Zahns origanal description of the yaslarmi. in the book mara went pale when near the yasalrmi, because the force wasnt with here, that is wrong wrong wrong, she was trained by the emperorer to know the conditions of things without the force and trined herself to never depend on the force, unless of course needed(told from the NJO)

yerssot
yeah, normally the force is everywhere and such,
and suddenly it's "oh, sorry, can't use the force, otherwise the book would be finished within three pages" roll eyes (sarcastic)
that's why I don't really like those ysalarmi creatures either, but at least THAT I can understand

mim cloudwater
thats not the point im getting at, i like zahns version and not Rusch's version of them, Rusch also portrayed mara as to what ive already siad above

RobBo
I am afraid that I must show my age here, for surely the Greatest book of them all is; Splinter In The Mind's Eye by Alan Dean Foster............possibly the greatest ever title too!

yerssot
well, the book is taken off the timeline, so technically it doesn't exist anymore wink

X-Menfan2003
Shadows Of The Empire

Corran
I'm with Yerss, probably the Thrawn trilogy, Thrawn is a great character.

yerssot
"I'm with you" -Avril Lavigne

Julie
From the cover of Survivor's Quest it looks like Thrawn may be back:-)

VengeanceGOD
Nah, just his legacy. Thrawn's not coming back.

godfather
Shadows Of The Empire - Oh my god the best star wars book by miles, The bit with luke become a jedi and realising it for the first time, the bit with him on the tight rope feeling the dark side creeping up in him, and Vader v Prince Xizor(how good is the character) what else do you need!!!!

angiethedragon
ANY THING WITH EITHER GRAND ADMIRAL THRAWN OR DASH RENDAR IM IN LOVE WITH BOTH OF THESE CHARACTERS

VengeanceGOD
You know...I thought being in love with fictional characters you could actually SEE, like Jack Sparrow, was bad. But being in love with fictional characters that have never been played by anybody?

angiethedragon
from their personalities and discriptions I can use my imagination to imagine what they look like (also if you go to www.starwars.com click on the expanded universe then go to characters they have live pics of these 2 characters not just drawings and they're very close to how i picture them)

angiethedragon
ok why is it every time i reply to something people stop writing their comments

Julie
I didn't like Dash....the game sucked...ok maybe that's a bit harsh...I didn';t like it too much.....and Shadows the book just bored me

angiethedragon
Shadows of the Empire book boring? If it were boring i wouldn't have finished it

Julie
I force myself to read even boring books to the end...well at least star wars ones

yerssot
you shouldn't be so hard on yourself

eleveninches
I like the Tales of the Jedi Graphic Novels (exar kun rules!!)

Julie
Exar Kun......er he's ok....I'm not too into comics....though I read a few of the Tales and heard a few more:-0

yerssot
well, jules,... there were some rather excellent comics from the republic series, seriously worth checking out smile

Dirty Vader
You've got to give credit to the X-wing books. Solo Command was maybe my favourite.
Ysanne Isard was just great and I like one of the caracters who I'm not sure you will remember.
He's an Imperial Admiral in Solo Command called Rogriss.
We dont realy see him but I like him a lot. His sense of humour, his wanting to collaborate with the New Republic to stop Zsinj and the way he handled the interdictor.

I liked his quote: "Once we're done with him, we can go back to our personal ideological differences, without having to invite anyone else to play"

eleveninches
I prefer the tales of the jedi series. Redemption, the sith war and dark lords of the sith are my favourate of that series.

Julie
I do want to read the Republic comics...but I just never really bother to go out and buy the comics

yerssot
buy? lend them wink

Julie
:-)......I don't even know where anyone here lives....so how could I lend 'em if I had em?

eleveninches
lend them from a library

yerssot
"borrow" them from the shop

Julie
*jaw drops* yerssot!!!!....bad

Phoenix Jedi
the comics are the best. i like Jedi Academy: Leviathan. but from the books Shadows of the Empire is the best, Dash Rendar is cool. i also like the JA trilogy and the Thrawn ones.
on the subject ov books, any one seen the latest and last NJO book, the final fight? i cant remember wat its called, ill have a look.but its supposed 2 b good, and we find out who wins, the New Republic or the Yuuzhan Vong.
though, itll probably be the New Republic

Fallen Jedi
the thrawn trilogy and duelogy are still my favorites.

Samas-adian
New Jedi Order. its refreshing to have a different nemises. But i wish they didnt show Luke as an old man, and more as the best jedi in the world. Buts its great, when i read that Luke is going to kick some ass and i just read alot faster than.

Vector Prime i felt was one of my favourites. Also I, Jedi. Horn is a pretty well done character.

kittypuff
Thawn series seemed to pay the most attention to detail and character behavior. I also like the Kube-McDonald "Shield of Lies" series. And Children of the Jedi, although apparently I am the ONLY person in the universe who likes it! lol

§pearhead
I've always like the ones involving Rogue Squadron big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.