USH'S MATRIX GAME- The Dojo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ushgarak
"This is a sparring program, similar to the programmed reality of the Matrix. It has the same basic rules, rules like gravity. What you must learn is that these rules are no different that the rules of a computer system. Some of them can be bent. Others can be broken."

Welcome to the official, long awiated Dojo thread! This thread serves three purposes

1. A fun place for people to come and fight each other, just for the sport of it

2. A testing area- both for players to test their skills, Paths and loadouts, and for me to test the system to make sure it runs ok.

3. A training area- so that players that go on Assignment actually know how to fight and what to do when a combat starts- to have the aire of trained soliders, not raw novices- even the Naturals are trained.

The Dojo is a flexzible, player friendly area. As it starts, the Dojo has the appearance of the Dojo from the firat Matrix film- only larger, large enough to handle large amounts of players.

At the request of the MAJORITY of players, the appearance of the Dojo can be shifted to simulate any environment you wish- sewers, city streets, rooftop, Genoosis droid factory etc.

I will be the final arbiter on which environment is simulated. Let's see some team-play here though- let other people have a go with this 'toy' sometimes, even if they are in the minority! It will be enough work for me to run ONE Dojo thread so don't make me run two!

Anyone can challenge anyone to a fight, or join in a fight halfway. Only one rule- you may not fight anyone who does not wish to fight you; I will enforce this. All fights are by co-operation and agreement only, you cannot spoil someone else's fun.

If you so wish, the Dojo will simulate enemies for you to fight. Two rules:

1. The Dojo can only simulate mundane enemies like cops and security guards
2. The Dojo can only simulate about half a dozen enemies at a time

That second rule is a bit arbitrary from me- but the point of both rules is that I want this place to only give you BASIC training. Some situations you can only check out on Assignment, and learn the hard way.

If people want, I can have other Rebels from Zion come and act as opponents or allies for you. They are people too, though, so treat them as such- they have their own lives, and are good at their own things. They will be made-up, not people from the films, so don't worry about Neo breezing by.

Dallas might pop in from time to time to see how you guys are doing.

That is how the Dojo works... as to how to fight, go here:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f41/t14847.html

Ushgarak
CURRENT STATE OF DOJO:

Unoccupied.

Simulation is: Chinese/Japanese sparring Dojo as seen in first film.

Phoenix
I'm sure I will use the Dojo when my brain starts working... me confuuuuuuused again... I'll just save al this to word and read it thru later.

Ushgarak
Good idea! Feel free to ask me for any help!

Ushgarak
I'll say what I think is a good idea. Once we have two people who think they get it and want to try it out, they can have a fight, and everyone else can watch and understand!

Alias Neo
is it possible to have a fight on a highway with simulate cars going past, which acan be used
e.g-
throwing someone into the path of a car or even into car, or using it as cover, from attacks?

Ushgarak
Yes, but I recommend a simple fight before we get into advanced environmental factors.

Phoenix
I've saved the page, s I'll hav a proper look at it tonight and fight some1 tomorrow

Ushgarak
Oooh! Girl fight! Girl fight!

(apologises)

Dexx
i think i got it and wanna try it...who's up for sparring?

Ushgarak
Brave words! Who accepteth the challenge?

Alias Neo
i'll try

Ushgarak
Right, befoe you fight, are you each both aware of what powers you can use? Are you happy with your Download Loadout?

Alias Neo
hes offline,
propally scared
hehe laughing

tptmanno1
Ill take u on neo
i wanna give my character a go

tptmanno1
Anyone wanna fight me??

Ushgarak
I bet I am sleep when everyone wants to fight...

tptmanno1
fine if noone wants to fight, ush could u make a couple coppertops for me to practice on??

Ushgarak
Okidokey, Burn. I can offer you three security guards, armed with Nightsticks that do strength +2 damage, with a Martial Arts skill of zero, for you to fight.

tptmanno1
works for me

Ushgarak
And do you wish to be armed?

tptmanno1
naw its ok, i think i can handle them, ill work on gun skill some other time

Ushgarak
I was thinking about the knives, but very well!

"Hey! Stop right there!" says the three guards. They charage at you from different angles with their nightsticks.

--------
Guard 1: ok
Guard 2: ok
Guard 3: ok

Burn: 8/0/0
---------

Those three numbers for you, Burn, are, in order, Focus pool, hits suffered and Exertion

As you have the highest speed (BOY do you!) you go first. It's the start of a round, so use any start-of-round effects now...

tptmanno1
hehe speedy me!!
I run up to the nearest gaurd, grab his nightstick in my left and deliver a lightning fast (punch) to his adams apple with my right, then circle around him and wait for teh response, thats four moves right, run up, grab stick, punch, spin off

Ushgarak
Gosh no! You only want to make one move at a time and you can move into attack someone as one. If you used all your moves now the remaianing gurards would get eight attacks on you...

So, if we asusme you can only do one thing, what move do you want?

tptmanno1
oo, my bad
didn't get it
so i can grab his stick and punch him as one move right??
of not i just grab his club thing

Ushgarak
Okidokey, that is a disarm.

The guard tries to yank his stick back (dodge) but you are too fast. You grab the stick and wrench it aroumd, and can easily disarm him.

This leaves us one guard wqithout a weapon, and two with.

The first guard now simply tries to punch you, aiming a boxer's blow to your face.

The second one is attempting a weapon strike wit his nightstick. This smashes towards your collar bone.

The third guard, slightly behind you, aims a weapon blow with his nightstick towards the back of your head.

You now have to declare your reaction to each of those three attacks seperately.

Ushgarak
(also, do remember that in a fight the only moves you can successfully perform are combat moves- unless you flee)

Captain REX
I'll take on somebody...

tptmanno1
I spin off to the right to avoid both the punch and the collarbone smash,
for the guy trying to smash my head, my spin puts me to the side of him, so i punch him in the temple (punch).

Ushgarak
Okidokey, Rex, though we are testing Martial Arts rather than guns right now...

tptmanno1
does that work, or is the spin thingy, a non-combat move,
(btw that was a dodge)

tptmanno1
ill go guns with him

he he he

Ushgarak
Ok, tpt, seem to have jumped the gun there. We are still in the first action of the round., Your first action was to disarm the guard. THEIR first actions were to try and hit you. That's three seperate atacks to which you have to react seperately.

Once your reactions to those attacks are done and I tell you what the result is, then you would get your second action of the round, yeah?

So right now I wanted your defensive reaction (normally block or dodge) to the first, second and third atacks on you.

Captain REX
So I see, Ush. I don't mind.

tptmanno1
o than dodge to the punch and collarbone using the spin but a block to the head smasher, i reach up and grab the nightstick as hes at the top of the wind-up, so im behind the head-smasher dude, due to the dodge, grabbing the nightstick
(ill get this sooner or later)

(o and is there a way to set up this so that when some one else posts i dont have to reload the page to see it??)

Ushgarak
Okidoket, that is two dodges and a block (do specify what the option is you are doing, though, in case my interpretation differs from what you wanted)

The two you dodge have no chance of hitting you- their nightsticks go wild through the air. And even the one you block hasn't got much hope, trying to hit a target number of 6. You gran the nightstick as it comes down...

(All three attacks countered. Burn gains two exertion points)

--------
Guard 1: ok

Burn: 8/0/2
---------

Your move, Burn.

And what sort of set-up did you want, Ares?

tptmanno1
ok, now i want to punch guard number 1 in the adams apple. (punch) fast and using hands of light

Ushgarak
Ok. That blows two focus but pulls back an exertion point.

The guard attempts to dodge again. But your blow ctaches him in throat throat and, choking, he staggers back.

Blow is successful; Guard is hit. The guard is also exerted, and loses his next attack.

The two guards with the sticks close in again. One sweeps down for your legs, whilst the other, still behind you, tries to jab the stick at your kidneys.

tptmanno1
OK, here goes,
(Dodge for both of them)
Using leaping storm I jump up tp the guard who i sweeping at my legs, plant 2 hands on the top of his head and flip of of him spinning in the air so i land behind him facing his back.

Captain REX
I'll practice on one security officer.

tptmanno1
o come on, wanna go guns with me??

Ushgarak
There is no direct use of Leaping Storm that does that so I shall assumew that is just style...

Your move completely flummoxes the guards, who almost hit each other on the confision. They turn to face you, as the third guard comes forwards again...

(Countered. Burn gains two exertion points)

--------
Guard 1: Hit

Burn: 6/0/3
---------

Third action, your move, Burn!

Ushgarak
Ok, Galder, and do you need a weapon?

tptmanno1
(punch)
Using hands of light I deliver a fast punch to the spine of the guard that i landed behind. if hes already whirld around than i drill his stomach.

Ushgarak
Ok. First things first, I am re-costing that power to only one focus (I'll pay you back for the last use as well)- I hadn;t claibrated that one correctly.

So, that blows one focus and pulls back another exertion point

The blow is perfect. Your nerve strike hits him right in the vitals; the guard exhales, nearly vomits, and crumples to the ground.

Hit- Guard is Out.

That leaves one Hit guard (unarmed), and one that is fine.

The unarmed guard tries to kick you in the crutch, whilst the armed one tries a viciousoverarm crack to your face.

Captain REX
No, I'll be fine...

Ushgarak
Okidokey, Rex, one guard it is. I'll bring him in at the start of the next round. Your loadout might need a bit of tuning, though...

tptmanno1
so their both in front of me,
to (dodge) both blows i leap to the left and sumersault out of the way of the kick, and am too low for the punch to do any damage, right??

last post for now, i gotta go to trumpet lessons,
ill pick it up later when i get back

Ushgarak
Yup- and both attacks are countered, However, that takes your exertion score to 5, and even with your speed that is too much! It resets to zero, and you miss your next attack.

As you land, the guards close in. Punchy aims a blow at your stomach whilst baton boy aims a weapon blow to the back of your head...

JediHDM
i'll give it a go...bare handed, no weapons, with one guard

Ushgarak
Afraid I am out for the night- very tired! Dojo-o-vision returns tomorrow!

tptmanno1
ok, then,
i grab baton boys baton in a (block) and turn him around so that i put him in front of me and punchy(dodge).

Ushgarak
Oooh.

This doesn't quite time out right. You mis-judge the swing of the baton and instead of grabing it, it smashes into your arm!

Your strengths are equal, he gets plus 1 for the effectiveness of the blow, and plus 2 for the baton. That is 3 points of damage, Burn.

However, you manage the grab and spin just after that, and dodge the enxt attack easily.

(Hit, 3 points, and countered. Burn gains an exertion point)

New round! Focus resets.

--------

Burn: 8/3/1
---------

Your move, Burn!

Dexx
ok, i'm here...can we start the fight?

Ushgarak
Okidokey... errr... with who?

Dexx
oh...well someone offered earlier.

Ushgarak
Hmm, no-one in this bloody place when you want them, eh?

I could simulate someone

SpikeSpiegel
Could I have a go against two armed security guards to see that i've got this?

Alias Neo
Ush, could i have a fight with guns against 3 swat members?

Ushgarak
Most assuredly, though when we say 'armed' it is still only nightsticks for now as we are not testing guns (guns are easy anyway, I only NEED to test the close combat)

I am going to make an adjustment now to change the damage rules. Damage is the most difficult part of the conversion because it I have had to reduice damage by roughly 2/3rds to account for the different character building system in this game. However, I thought it a bad idea to reduce punch damage from +1 to +0 as you might not ever HURT anyone.

But, it's just proving too difficult to work the way I had it, either. So, here are the tentative damage rules as they stand- this also makes strength important.

Punch: +0 damage

Which means now that it can be quite hard to hurt other important opponents- especially those with higher strength- with a punch.

Kick: +2.

But bear in mind that as kicks are more difficult to do, they tend to hit less well and so do a little less damage than a punch of the same skill- so this bonus effectively a +1, if you hit.

Small hand weapon (club, nightstick, knife): +1

Using such a weapon makes you hit harder but denies the use of many paths. Obviously knives have an advantage, having their own Path.

Large hand weapon (nunchukas, staff exotic weapon types): +2

You might find a variety of enemies wirlding such weapons; you can pick them up to hit hard; a 'staff' is also any sizable improvised weapon- like picking up a signpost- and you can use the Lone Bamboo path with them

Sword or Spear: +3

These both hit hard- especially with their Paths- but they aren't easy to carry if you are trying to be casual!

Alias Neo
no gunssad
oh well,
i'll have a combat fight with two swat

Alias Neo
i'll have a fight with two swat

Alias Neo
ush, hello?

Alias Neo
USH!
can i do a fight?

JediHDM
i am still up for a fight with a guard...

Ushgarak
Ok, ok, gee, I have other things to do as well!

Ok, where were we? Yup, new round starting

--------
Guard 2: Ok
Guard 3: Ok
Guard 4: Ok
Guard 5: Ok
Guard 6: Ok
SWAT 1: Ok
SWAT 2: Ok
SWAT 3: ok

Simulation is at its limit!

SWATS have a base skill of 1 rather than zero

1 and 2 are attacking Burn, 3 is up against Ares, 4 against Coeus, 5 and 6 against Cloud, and the Swat guys are in against Lance.

Burn: 8/3/1
Ares: 6/0/0
Coeus: 11/0/0
Cloud: 9/0/0
Lance: 9/0/0

---------

ALL of you are due to go first as your opponents approach...

JediHDM
OK, i run to the guard and jump in the air, kicking him in the facce.

Ushgarak
Okiokdey, though remember to specify that as a kick in addition to just saying- just a principle I want to enforce just so there can never be any confusion.

The Guard will attempt to (dodge). But yoyr timing is far too good- before your extending foot seems to reach out and find him, smashing him sveeral feet backwards.

(Successful- Guard is Hit)

Nonplussed, the guard rushes towards you, Coeus, aiming a side-swipe with his (weapon)

SpikeSpiegel
OK I run up to guard 5 and do a backhand (punch) to his face

JediHDM
I use Clever fox to dodge to the side, grabbing the gun (clever fox-disarm) If it works, i want to hit him with it in the back of the head.

Dexx
so i guess i'll wait before fighting someone..

Ushgarak
Sorry, Coeus- he ain't armed with a gun! No guns yet. And even if he did, disarm is not a defensive move. it is an attack. I'll await your replacement orders...

Cloud, the Guard dodges- successfully. Your backhand swipe merely glnaces off him as he ducks hurriedly out of your way.

Both guards close in around you. They both make (weapon) strikes upon you, one aiming for your left ribcage, one for your right

SpikeSpiegel
Lets see, I do a forward flip, turning in the process to face them (dodge)

JediHDM
oh, ok, i see...well, then i dodge to the away from the swipe, using my arm to bring the weapon down and off to the side. (dodge)

Ushgarak
(sorry for that miss, Cloud, but even Guards get out the way sometimes! I always find there tends to be one bastard you can't hit about ten times in a row, no matter how easily you kill all the others...)

The guards have very little chance of hitting you when you dodge- you both gain an exertion point as you easily evade them

(do specify you wanted to dodge both in future, Spike, just in case. I'd rather be painfully literal about things than be blamed for killing someone one day by mis-reading their post, see?)

(Both Countered- Cloud and Coeus gain an exertion point, Cloud gains another one as well)

I'd watch your exertion there, Cloud...

You guys to move.

Fire
I can fight you dexx

JediHDM
ok, i jump up and spin over the guard, and kick him in the head (kick)

Dexx
if you still have room, ush...me and fire can fight.

SpikeSpiegel
(If its the start of the round I'll Tightening Coils Master to lose 1 point) else, i'll go for a side kick to the chest on guard 5

Ushgarak
No it isn't, Cloud- however, I'll happily let you back-date and have done it at the start of the round, this being your first fight and all.

Coeus- too easy. The guard attempts to (dodge) out of the way, but you ctach him in mid-spin, and tek him Out. There!

Your opponent tries to (dodge) as well, Cloud. But your side kick ctaches him in the ribs anyway- and he staggers back, hurt. He is also exerted and misses his attack.

The other tries to split your nose with his (weapon)

Oooh! Fire vs. Rade, huh? Interesting- that is a kind of fight we have not had yet... want anything special for it?

SpikeSpiegel
I'll (counter) by grabbing his hand with the nightstick pushing it to the side and kneeing him in the gut.

Fire
Nah not really the Dojo will do, but you need to up us with our Blades ofc.

Ushgarak
No such move as a counter, Spike! Either a dodge or a block is what you are after. And if they are successful the attack is countered.

SpikeSpiegel
ok i'll (block) by moving the grabbing the nightstick with my right hand and pushing it to my left.

Alias Neo
runs towards SWAT 1 and Launches fist towards his face (punch)

Ushgarak
Damn- forum ate my post, have to do it again.

Sorry for the delay, doing lots of stuff.

Your block is good, Cloud. The blow is Countered as it is deflected harmlessly away.

Lance, your target (dodges). With your MA score of 3, they can actually match that with a dodge, giving you only a 50/50 (ish) hit chance. Your target ducks down and you swing high.

They attack- there is no subtlety to their blows, they just crowd around ytou and try to beat the shit out of you with their cudgels.

Do Fire and Rade want to square off against each other and make comments?

Fire
Sure

Ushgarak
Ok... comment away...

"Bwahahaha, soon I shall have the secret of ultimate power..."

That kinda thing.,

Fire
No not like that atleast not from my side,

altho is that not a small hint about the SW RPG?

Ushgarak
Ssssssssh!

Some fancy pre-fight sword twirls then.

Fire
"You sure you're up for this Rade??? don't blow all your focus in one move there"

JediHDM
all right, i'm here, where's the fight? Katana style?

Fire
normal Dojo I assume you can take whatever weapon you like I'm taking a Katana.

(waiting for Ush)

Ushgarak
Oh, it is Coeus vs Fire, is it? Swordfight for you two, anything else needed?

JediHDM
um...not for me, anything for you, fire?

Fire
nope it's good as it is

Fire
(ready to go)

Ushgarak
Okidokey then!

Fire, you are faster, you may go first.

Fire
"Let's see what you got old man"
I rush forward, going with fast jabs from left to right driving Coeus back towards a corner, or something like that, from the Dojo. I make sure the jabs and slash's are fast but not to accurate. They are not intended to strike him, only that he needs to fend them off if he wants to avoid being hit. Then I feint a slash to the left and spin around, striking FAST to the right (weapon, Path of the Jade Emperor, spending 3 Focus points)

JediHDM
I use Leaping Storm to leap backwards, then bring my sword to bear (leaping storm, -2 focus)

Ushgarak
Okidokey- I shall treat this fight as seperate from the others and give it its own updates.

Of course, Jedi does not have to wait for me before declaring his defence.

JediHDM
Suddenly, I run screaming towards Fire with my sword, but at the last second i leap over him, twirling and bringing my blade in an arc towards his throat (weapon)

Ushgarak
Ahhh...

Ok, I have a couple of problems there, Coeus. First, a lot of those Leaping Storm moves aren't combat actions.

Secondly, I need to know what defensive move you are trying to perform.

tptmanno1
hey im back can i continue my little skirmish

JediHDM
well, it wasnt really a defensive move as really a get away from the storm, so i used Leaping storm to do a leap, to move away from Fire...its in the thread...

Ushgarak
Oh blimey! Yup, your move, Burn.

And... I still need a defensive, not offensive, move from you, Coeus. Fire struck first so you definitely needed me to give you the results before you made your blow!

JediHDM
oh...ok, well, i blocked with my sword, although i was away from him (block)

Ushgarak
It wasn't your action Coeus- really the only thing to do was react to Fire with one of the Defensive moves.

JediHDM
ok, then i bring my arms up to stop the blows, and dodge the sword swing.

Ushgarak
I assume that's a dodge in the end then... seems to be a call for eithere there..

Ok, let me see here- as two players are fighting I shall show the system in progress.

Your MA skill is 5 a piece. So far, so easy. That, as it stands, would be a glancing blow.

Fire is using a power that gives him plus one skill, so it is now 6/5 to fire.

Coeus' dodge gives him plus two. Now it is 6/7 to Coeus.

Now the dice!

The dice say... -1 to Fire. Final score- 5/7

Coeus sweeps out the way of the fast blow- Countered. Fire loses an exertion point, Coeus gains one.

Now it is your move, Coeus!

tptmanno1
OK then, facing baton boy i (punch) him in the side of the neck

JediHDM
i bring my sword to bear, and jump up, slicing down as i fall. (weapon)

Fire
I roll forward, rolling underneat Coeus as he jumps up (dodge)

Ushgarak
That is a 5 vs. 7. Coeus scores a +1... 6 v 7, JUST a miss... countered. Fire socres an exertion point, Your move Fire.

The guard, facing exertion, tried to only block, Burn. His mistake. There is a soft crunch as your stike his neck, and he falls to the ground- Out.

Punch boy makes one, last futile blow at your midriff...

tptmanno1
In a (dodge) i back away from him about 2 steps

Fire
Turning around, I come in with a high right blow, just before hitting changing direction going for the down left. (weapon)

Ushgarak
That's an easy counter, Burn. Take another shot at him.

And oops, I forgot the stats for the swordfight!

Fire: 10/0/0
Coeus: 11/0/1

(reminder- Focus pool, damage, exertion)

JediHDM
I (dodge) the blow, and if he hits, i spend four focus (Jade Emperor) to gain a free attack.

Ushgarak
Oooooooh! Attempt for the countermove, huh? Though termed as a dodge, that is actually a nifty piece of swordplay, with a blurring riposte.

Coeus' defence score goes to 7. Fire gets an evens for his attack, which stays at five. Countered! And as it was countered, Coeus' power works.

Coeus now gets a free attack, which Fire must defend, THEN Coeus gets his normal attack.

tptmanno1
i feel like being a mean b*stard

I take a step forward and pull a hard open handed slap across the guards face.

hehe

Ushgarak
The guard dodges... you only make a glancing hit, but he is already Hit so that Guard is Out.

And there you go, Burn!

JediHDM
(BTW: are we on attack 3?)

I feint a thrust, but then toss my sword in the air, using 1 focus (Jade Emperor) and kick at Fire towards his chest. (kick)

tptmanno1
kooo
anyone wanna go??

Fire
I flip to my side, swinging over Coeus his leg (using clever fox), positioning myself a bit diagonal to strike better next time (dodge-Path Clever Fox 1 Focus)

Ushgarak
No, it is attack 2, Coeus.

And OOPS! I have failed to provide some info which I shall now provide- thanks guys!

You can ALWAYS kick when armed. You just cannot punch- the illegal Paths for weapons all invovle punching.

HOWEVER. I should point out that the bonus attack you get from these powers cannot be enhanced (save with Sharpened Scales), so you can't use that power with them anyway

I should also point out that the riposte from a Jade Emperor power HAS to be a sword stroke.

So now I think about it, it was utterly pointless for me to ask COeus to describe the attack at all. Live and learn! My apologies.

SO. Fire, you are in fact facing a sword strike.

So, some corrections to do...

JediHDM
oh, ok...hmm, well then. That is quite important.

Ushgarak
Very sorry. See, I know this system so things that are obvious to me I easily forget to type. This is exactly what these test fights are for.

Fire
I do a limbo like dodge, bending my body backwards below the sword to dodge (using Clever Fox Path 1 Focus)

Ushgarak
I know- I will describe 'Reflex' attacks in the main combat system. Any power that giveds you an attack when your opponent attacks you is a Reflex attack- they cannot be used with a Path as their existence is the use oif the Path! So I will not ask for their description- they just happen.

Also specifies about Punches, Kicks and weapons in the combat section.

Ok, a Clever Fox Dodge- known as a 'Fox's Retreat' takes Fire's value to 8. Even with the +2 Coeus just rolled, that is still a miss. Countered.

Fire gains an exertion point and spends a focus.

Now it is Coeus's second action (having so far had one action and one bonus). Your move, Coeus!

JediHDM
NOW I feint a thrust, but then toss my sword in the air, using 1 focus (Jade Emperor) and kick at Fire towards his chest. (kick)

Fire
"That was a nice trick you pulled there Old man, didn't do you much good tho"

I flip to my side, swinging over Coeus his leg, positioning myself a bit diagonal to strike better next time

Ushgarak
Ok, it wasn;t necessary as you can kick anyway when armed, BUT for the sheer style I shall remove the minus one penalty you normally get for kicking!

Ok, a defence, Fire?

Fire
I flip to my side, swinging over Coeus his leg, positioning myself a bit diagonal to strike better next time (dodge)

(sorry thought it was clear)

Ushgarak
ALWAYS need it specified- just in case.

Fire's dodge takes him to 7. Coeus rolls a plus 3, taking him to eight.

A hit! Fire doesn't quite time it right- instead of going OVER the leg, he goes into it.

A one point hit is not enough for extra damage.

A kick does 2 points of damage.

Coeus is one point stronger than Fire.

3 points! A solid blow but certainly not a crippling one. You almost land badly, Fire, but keep your balance and spin to fight again... you also gain an exertion point

Fire: 9/3/2
Coeus: 6/0/3

Oops! Coeus is at 3 exertion. He should have missed an attack already. You have been doing a lot of stuff, Coeus, and your timing is out- you miss your next action.

Fire, your attack.

Fire
"Hmpfs, nice hit Not-so Old Man"
*grines*
"My Turn"
I rush forward towards Coeus engolving myself in a sea of blades and steel. going round and round, seemingly hitting from every possible direction (Weapon: Jade emperor 6 Focus points)

Ushgarak
Uh-oh! Fire just made THREE attacks on you, Coeus- and I require THREE defences. You will have to be careful on the dodges else you may never attack again!

JediHDM
*sees Fire begin to turn* "Oh my go.." I (dodge), and, if hit, i use two focus (clever fox) to decrease the damage.

Ushgarak
Ok, so noted, but I need another two defences.

JediHDM
ok, well, i guess the only thing i can do is dodge, and then bring my sword up, in an attempt to block the third.

Ushgarak
Phew! Three dodges would have timed out out of another attack, you see!

Ok, so, Fire makes three attacks at skill 5

Coeus has a dodge, a dodge, and a block- a 7,7, 5.

Fire rolls 6, 3, 6.

Counter, Counter, Hit.

Ok. It is not a good enough hit to get extra damage.

Fire's strength is one less than Coeus'.

The Sword does +3 damage, taking it to 2

Coeus performs a Clever Fox power to remove the damage of the weapon, taking it to -1

It SHOULD have hit, Fire. But with almost blurring speed, Coeus moves just as you hit to make it a mere superficial graze.

That makes the hit an advantage. As Coeus isn't getting his next attack, this means that Fire gets +1 to his attack coming now.

Coeus also gains two exertion points. His survival is only being made possible by continuous dodging that is costing him attacks!

Fire: 3/3/2
Coeus: 4/0/2

Fourth action, Fire's attack.

Fire
"damn I forgot how fast you are"
I run upon the wall, to bridge the gap between me and Coeus and to get behind him, slashing at his back from the wall downwards
(weapon Leaping Storm 3 Focus points)

Ushgarak
Ok, appreciating that on-line fights are going to be faster, I am now going to change the system to how it is at home- you take one extra damage for each point you were hit by- this is even though I have given people less hits they can take.

Strength will also now count DOUBLE, to keep its edge.

Which basically means Fire's damage goes up to 5. Coeus is still just fine.

Fire
okie

Ushgarak
Oooh, stylish...

Fire's attack is slow, but it is going to do 3 extra damage, Coeus- one to look out for!

JediHDM
i bring my sword over my head, and use it to (block) the incoming downward slash.

Ushgarak
Ok, with the advantage I gave Fire, the base score is 6/5

Fire rolls a +2. 8/5. A hit.

Fire scrams down off the wall and makes a long cut along Coeus' arm!

Fire hit by 3 points, making a bonus of three damage.

But with a strength one less than Coeus, that takes it down to 1.

But as it is a sword attack, it goes up to 4. And the attack did plus three damage for the wall jump, taking it to 7! Ow!

That slash goes down your side, Coeus! Nasty!

Fire, at least, gain an exertion point.

And... In forgot that CLever Fox weapon damage reducing power should be an exertion as well- I shall add that in from now on.

Still, your move, Coeus.

JediHDM
"Touche, old pal. Stings a little, but not as much as this!" I lunge with my sword, spending 3 focus to increase skill of my attack (Jade Emperor-weapon)

Ushgarak
Also makes it fast, Coeus- buying back a vital exertion point for you!

Fire
By replacing one foot and turning away my body I try to make coeus his swing miss me (dodge)

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>