Star by Star

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JediOasis
This is a brief summary of what is to be in the next hardback in the New Jedi Order series.......The Yuuzhan Vong campaign of terror and violence escalates to deadly new heights. They have unleashed a fearsome creature, capable of hunting and killing the galaxy's last hope -- Luke Skywalker's order of Jedi Knights. Leia Organa Solo has been given a terrible ultimatum -- reveal the location of the hidden Jedi base, or watch helplessly as millions of refugee ships are destroyed.
The Jedi strike back with a daring plan crafted by young Anakin Solo -- an elite team of Jedi Knights will allow themselves to be taken into the Yuuzhan Vong fold as prisoners, and from there, they hope to sabotage the invader's plans of conquest. The Solo children -- Anakin, Jacen, and Jaina -- spearhead this dangerous mission, filled with unspeakable risk. Is the vanquishing of a murderous foe worth the temptation of the dark side?.....

wow!!! Well, we know that a major character is going to die, my guess is Leia, look at the cover and you'll see why. It looks as though one of the Solo's will go to the dark side. My guess is Jaina. Afterall, her book is called "Dark Journey" The book comes out in November, I can't wait!

rolling on floor laughing

ratcat
This one will be set after Conquest 2?

JediOasis
I think you mean Rebirth, but yes, Star by Star comes out in either October or November. Rebirth comes out the first week of August, and it has already been said we will see the birth of the Luke and Mara baby.

ratcat
Yeah, I did, I was just being lazy smile and couldn't be bothered to find it. Looks like Star by Star may make it onto my Christams list the.

JediOasis
They've announced the title of the fourth and second to last hardback, and its Destiny's Road. Who knows, maybe the Jedi finally start winning the war.

jedi212guy
Think Luke will ever die? Or will he live as long as Yoda? "When 900 years old you become, look as good, you will not, hmm!!"

Ushgarak
I think Mark Hamil looks better with age, actually... but I doubt he will look as goid as Yoda at 900...

jedi212guy
When I was little, I thought that Yoda was a 900-year-old human. His ears continued to grow, he shrank, hey, it made sense to a 3-year-old kid!

JediOasis
Luke's not gonna be 900 years old, but he'll live for awhile, his wife just had a kid, a little baby boy they named Ben.

Ushgarak
How cute. Aren;t they starting to look a little TOO far ahead, there?

R.C
And they wonder if their is a name shortage in the Star Wars universe...

jedi212guy
Too many Anakin's and Ben's, alright. rolling on floor laughing

Ratcat
Han Skywalker, that will be the next one...

KDawg
I can't wait till I get a hold of Rebirth. Also I can't wait to get Star by Star. If you go to walmart.com you can pre-order Star by Star right now. It doesn't even come out till October.

JediOasis
yeah, Rebirth was excellent, a lot of different things were going on and it had all the main characters, even Lando was back! It leaves you waiting for Star by Star to come soon.

Ratcat
I need to pick Rebirth up this weekend.

LanceWindu
I have to watch a little kid tomorrow and I get payed a few bucks. I'm going to head to Wal-Mart as soon as I can.

Ratcat
4 weeks until Star by Star!!!

LanceWindu
Can't wait!!!

Is Star by Star hardcover or paperback?

JediOasis
Its a hardback and over 600 pages!!!

JediOasis
There is a MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR spoiler over at theforce.net dealing with SbS. Its in one of the forums can't find the leak but you've been warned, the spoiler is massive and may ruin the story like it did for me.

Ratcat
Lance, this is the third of the five hardbacks.

LanceWindu
Now I need to come up with the money to buy a hardcover.
They cost to much.

Julie
I read the spoiler on theforce.net forum, but I'm still holding out a dim hope that it might be wrong. Regardless, I am an avid NJO fan, and will continue to read every book written in the series.

LanceWindu
i haven't found the spoiler over there. Where exactly would I find it?

JediOasis
I'm not real sure of the link for the force.net, but go to

www.unjoh.com

Go to the forums and you'll see it. The more I think about it, I think its BS, but you can judge for yourself.

JediOasis
I bought and read SbS today. I don't want to post what happens, but if you e-mail me a [email protected] I will gladly give you a summary. Either way the book is VERY well written and Troy Denning has surpassed Zahn in my book.

Julie
I finished reading SBS a few days ago. It was a very exciting book. Despite its low points, I loved every page of SBS. I can't wait until the next book(s) come out. Troy Denning wrote a book worthy of being a part of Star Wars...I hope that the coming authors produce works just as worthy. If you have not read SBS yet I suggest you go out today and buy it. Believe me....it's worth it!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.