Which Movie Is Better Lord Of The Rings Or Matrix :)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lordAragon_2003
WHICH MOVIE IS BETTER LORD OF THE RINGS OR MATRIX smile
I THINK LORD OF THE RINGS WIPES THE FLOOR WITH MATRIX

lordAragon_2003
yO i aM ArAGoN

Storm
shouldn' t this belong in the movie discussion?
anyways welcome and have fun

Alias Neo
The Matrix Rulez!

Jakanden
I gotta go with LOTR. I have been a fan ever since i read the books 11 or so years ago (Im only 23 or else it would have been sooner heh)

Fire
This should be moved

mechmoggy
Moving...

o kiMMii o
lol......how obvious Lord of the rings duhhhh.....

LilyGinnyBlack
I said Lord of the Rings..... I don't like the Matrix at all..... so, yeah, I would have to put that the Lord of the Rings is WAY better! big grin

khalla
Definately the Matrix

AliasNeo15
The Matrix is original. The Lord of The Rings takes after a book that was made when my dad was 2. That was a hell of a long time ago. I mean they could hav made the movie 25 years ago for all i care. The matrix is something that no one could really think of until someone had a mind capable of thinking that deep..................JK. Lord of the Rings is a great Trilogy. These Matrix Movies will prove its downfall.

plenTpak52
Newsflash, Lord of the Rings is still an original idea, regardless of when it was made.

LOTR is better

DeNiro
how can u say that the lord of the rings is better then the matrix the matrix is such a newer and origanal story i mean it is way more advance then lord of the rings story wie and even further out tere but still makes more sense then lord of the rings also the speacil effeect in the matrix are so much better also they got some wicked cool scenes like neo flying neo fighting 200 smiths neo cathing trinty with all those cars behind him i mean u can get better then the matrix i know this movie is way betteralso cause it was made up and not copied froma book MATRIX RULZ

plenTpak52
1st, special effects really have nothing to do with a movie's story. Take Star wars for example. The new ones suck.

2nd, it doesn't matter if it's newer. Old things can be much better than new things (70's rock compared to today's "rock"wink.

3rd, more advanced? what the hell do you mean by that?

4th, The Lord of the Rings stories are so much more thought provoking than the Matrix. They make you think in depth about the power one force can have on an entire world. The Matrix makes you think about some fake world where everyone is a master at kung fu and bullets can freeze in mid-air. Quite thought provoking indeed...

Lord Soth
I can't decide! Both are so good Here's my breakdown:

1. Matrix fans enjoy their movie because of it's originality, the philosophy, the effects, and ties to anime and other Japanese culture

2. LotR fans enjoy their movie because of its mastery of emotion, seeming to make you burst into tears and give you hope all in one heart-wrenching moment; the fantasy ties as opposed to science-fiction, and the moral values.

My feelings:

1. They balance each other out. Matrix brings intense philiosophy and the idea of our race being trapped within a dream; a very interesting concept. However, it is emotionally dead has has very little story

2. LotR, on the other hand, brings intense morality and strength in believing. Good fighting evil under seemingly impossible odds and prevailing due to the tenacity of 2 little hobbits is quite moving. But, the dialogue can get quite boring, and there are too many characters to keep track of.

In conclusion, I say that they are both good in their own respects. Lord of the Rings if you want a moving story, Matrix if you're looking for eye-popping visual effects and original ideas

This help anyone?

movie_freak
There both good...i'll have to go wif the Matrix Trilogy

Kes
I dont think its fair to compare. They are way to different types of movies. If you think about it the Matrix has so much thought involved. So many trivia in the movie...its great.
Yet LOTR is an adaptation which usually go very wrong. But this one works...the movies are great,story, action, etc.

Has for the SW thing, yes special effects ruins everything since these movies are suppose to have happened before the original trilogy messed

Kes
Oops should have read the entire thread before replying. I totally agree!

scott hiwersh
There is no way to compare the two, I am sorry. I hate this on-going battle. It is like comparing "The Catcher in the Rye" to "A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius". They are completely different stories, completely different styles. They just do not compare. Why not enjoy both? Why the constant grudge match. but.........

LOTR is sooooo much better, once the Extended Editions of TTT AND ROTK are released, they will be unbelievable back to back...

nemo
nothing can bring the lord of the ring down.
it've got faithfull followers of many decades and the new ones are just as loyal.

and this talk about the matrix being newer and more original than the lord of the ring, i don't think so. the lord of the ring would still be original 100 yrs from now, becasue it is the first of it's kind and the only one of it's kind right now. the world of the matrix is not even a fraction as full of details and history as middle earth. tolkien was a genius.
the book had been around for yrs and it's still loved by many ppl, that should say something about it, that it had stand the test of time and pass with flying colours.

but i do agree that the matrix is a very original idea and that it's probably more in tune with our internet age.

just don't go dissing the lotr on the basis that it was written yrs ago.

LilyGinnyBlack
Also, the Lord of the Rings has more philosphey then the Matrix.... the Lord of the Rings has a whole different and completely written out history.... for gosh sakes! Though the Matrix is orginal, so is the Lord of the Rings! big grin

BackFire349
Lord of the Rings are better movies definately, they don't rely on obvious, yet seemingly underlying messages to get a hardcore fanbase. People just love LOTR because they are such well made films and such a beautiful story.

Lord of the Rings, wait a year from now, the matrix will be nothing but a fad looked back upon, while lord of the rings will still be considered a masterpiece.

Lord Soth
A very good point. Sci-fi comes and goes, but fantasy sticks with you forever

BackFire349
Well, Matrix could be considered fantasy as well. But that's beside the point. I just think once people aredone over analyzing the matrix movies they will find that their isn't much of a reason to be so obssessed with them like many people are.

wicker_man
My personal favourite out of the two is the Lord of the Rings Trilogy even though i have yet to view the third one (Return of the King) im sure it is gonna maintain the high excellence of the first two.

Lord Soth
Well, actually, I don't think Matrix can be classisfied as fantasy. Sci-fi deals with machine and computer phenomina (which is bascically Matrix to a T). Fantasy is usually set in Medieval-ish times, with elves and dwarves and dragons and all that stuff

SaTsuJiN
I think we've had this poll before. I think both movies are great in thier own right. sortof like comparing Fire to Water... both are elements but have thier own reasons for being liked or disliked (fire burns, water drowns // fire warms from the cold, water cools the burning). I love both of these movies alot and dont think there will be anything like them for years to come. Lord knows the video games based on them are heaping piles of trash that can never compare to what they're based upon.

scott hiwersh
I have to say though, when we have the extended editions of all three LOTR movies, there will not be a chance that any other modern movies will come close... period.

Lord Soth
I know.

While the Matrix is a great series, and I can't wait to see Revolutions, The Lord of the Rings has better DVD's, which kinda makes me lenient towards LotR, even though I try to be impartial.

Bagtatta
Deniro, watch two of the movies..Lord OF the Rings: The Two Towers, and then watch Matrix...

LOTR Special effects don't ****ing suck like the Matrix, they actually put time into making the movie, where some of the scenes in Matrix look so obviously fake it's not even funny.

LOTR all the way. Besides, LOTR has swords, arrows, and melee wars and shit. Matrix has that stupid like..sentinel war, which looks boring and ****ing dumb.

Matrix of course, all the way baby!
Lotr is a good trilogy; just not a matrix.

Lord Soth
Very true. I personally believe guns to be the lowest form of warfare there is. There's no challenge to aiming a gun and shooting. Swords and bows take years of practice to master.

The one thing that's better than swors in had-to-hand combat. It seems almost like a deadly dance to me, which is a fun comparison. There are so many different styles of H-t-H combat (127 altogether). I like that Matrix uses this most of the time instead of guns.

Have a good day big grin big grin big grin big grin

SaTsuJiN
rofl.. guns are useless in the matrix (Used only against fools who cant dodge them) swords are the tried and true method since they're harder to dodge in such a solid and consistent state. Martial arts (Kung fu, Judo , hop ki do, and possibly tai chi just to name some) is matrix's core battle method, not guns.

127? LOL there are probably thousands of hand to hand styles in this world, maybe you're referring to just 1 region alone

airangel429
lord of the rings smile i dont like matrix very much

Lord Soth
I should have clarified that there are 127 major forms of combat. You're right, there are probably thousands of sub-styles.

Korri
MATRIX!!

aniron
these two movies arent in the slightest but similer, so whats the point in starting a debate about them and causing a riff between the two? (by the way when it comes to it I love lord of the rings.)

JediHDM
i agree with Kes that both are good in different respects, and in type of movie, each rules, however, in a head-to-head duel...MATRIX, hands down...

ragesRemorse
LOTR is a more epic story. It is better written with great character development. However that is the essence of LOTR. When you are talking about the movies themselves. The winner has to go deffaintly to the matrix. Matrix is an original idea. The whole movie was made on a risk. It is the most innovative and creative movie in the last 30 years. Matrix has deffaintly changed the way we look at and judge action and sci/fi movies, not to mention the way they will be made in the future. Some people say the movie rely's on the action. This is not true if you have seen any of the matrix movies you know the action relys on the story.

LOTR is a great movie that will live on as a classic. It was made beautifully, and is filled with inspiration.However The movie is from an already existing story. The whole movie relies soley on the books. It doesnt ever branch off into its own style. There is nothing wrong with this. I am a huge fan of the rings, but the matrix is one of those special movies that come around very rarely. I expect matrix AND LOTR to live on as the next star wars. I believe they will both be rememered just as much. The reason is because they came out at the same time, and were hyped up and anticipated just as much, and are both just as popular as one another. MAtrix wins though as best trilogy

SaTsuJiN
Heh, most of the time the 'sub-style' changes so drastically it becomes totally effective on its own. I dont do the whole style/substyle thing. Thats more for people who've learned a style and say "Well I'm expert at karate, however I'm brown belt is Judo and orange belt in Hapkido" its more like referring to a level of expertise than it is to classify a style.
this sites got some style listings per country http://www.martialinfo.com/Styles/list.asp

I hope in revolutions neo gets to use all the styles he's learned. He barely uses anything exemplory of any specific art.

Corlindel

Kes
Capoeira, from Brazil its ace.
I wish I'd learn that.

Kes
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Lord Arwen
I am askamed that you had to ask that question. Matrix sucks. If they were in a battle the LOTR would so win. Matrix would serender when you say Surrender and you didn't do a thing. LOTR wins. I LOVE LORD OF THE RINGS!!!! big grin

Kes
Since theres a new thread about this I'm closing this 1. Merging them would be to weird.
closing--closed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.