I Remember...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

theEviljedi
Read Text-Shmi is indeed not at the Lars farm when Anakin arrives; Early that morning, she went out to gather a certain crop which grows only on moisture vaporators.....she never comes back. A search party is assembled to find her. This is when Anakin goes out on a Swoop Bike into the desert.
While Anakin is slaughtering Tusken Raiders, C-3PO finally gets his plating added....by Owen and R2!!

This sounds interesting but if this is all true then why doesn't Owen even recognize C-3PO's voice in ANH? What do you make of this? It seems exciting but something just doesn't seem right.

Raz
Where are you getting all this text from?

Owen may not recognize Threepio for several reasons:

* Threepio is not unique i.e. there are more that look like him (like in Ep1).

* Its been over 20 years since he sees him again.

* Threepio has a dull coating in Ep2. In Ep4 he is shining gold.

theEviljedi
I understand all of that but that still doesn't answer my question of why he didn't even recognize his voice. And I found this information at Prequel-Spoilers.Com.smile

Darth Gehenna
I still don't think that Anakin will slaughter Raiders, that sounds too violent for Lucas. As for Owen, maybe they give him a memory wipe, you know like 3PO and R2 will obviously be given wink wink

Dim
Well, I think there's a possiblity that it could be shown. I agree with you that typically, it's too violent for Lucas..but he did say that EP2&3 would be darker..smile

queeq
Well, a lot of Jedi get killed, that's pretty dark.

And 3PO is indeed not unique, probably not even his voice.

queeq abides

Raz
I wouldn't believe everything you read there. He hasn't really proven that his source is accurate, or that somebody is just making it up.
If you check his site now, he has retracted it roll eyes (sarcastic) , and is now saying that he doesn't really know who assembles him.

queeq
Okay, so we're back at where we started... as usual. laughing out loud

queeq abides

Gundark
Even if Owen does recognize 3po in ep4, he's never seemed to me to be the kind of guy to throw his arms around him and say "3po...hey old buddy old pal, ya look great, think I'll buy you and keep you forever" Owen is too gruff for that...and droids are so far down on the food chain, why would he bother to acknowledge 3po. Luke and the Jawas were the only ones there...he was bartering that day, not making small talk, which I don't think he ever did.

finti
Hmm droids, food chain. Don`t tell me they eat chicken right.
Lucas had not made up the early life of Owen Lars at the time of ANH. So nobody knew, at that time, who made c3po.

queeq
That's no excuse. GL has to round up the whole story. Excuses like that are very dumb.

queeq abides

IGOTMYBEAT
Nobody asked me but...

I don't think Shmi is going to be killed by Tusken raiders. I mean, how stupid is that? Darth Vader's MOM, whom this whole saga is built around, is going to be beaten to death by a bunch of nobody Sandpeople with rocks from 50 yards away?

I bet she dies a more dramatic death than that...

BUT...I do believe Anakin kills a bunch of sandpeople.

I think Shmi will die, and she'll die in Anakin's arms in the desert, and it just so happens that Sandpeople picked the wrong time to mess with Anakin, and he just goes bezerk on them the morning after his Mom is killed.

Darth Daft
I agree with you, IGMB, about the sand people + Shmi thing. As for this Owen + C-3PO thing, I would have thought there must be thousands of Droids in the galaxy, possibly even millions. I'm sure there are many who have the same voice and looks, so I don't really see why we should wonder about the fact that Owen doesn't recognise Threepio. It seems fairly obvious that he's forgotten about Threepio over the past 20 years and even if he hadn't then he would still assume that he was a different Droid when he buys him from the Jawas.

IGOTMYBEAT
Are you daft?

Just kidding, but ya I concur.

There's like a quazillion droids out there. So why would Owen recognize them? He's probably had one that looked just like C3PO 10 times between Ep II and ANH.

Anyways C3PO's memory is obviously wiped cuz he has no idea where he is in ANH, but Artoo seems to know his way around.

Raz

theEviljedi
Now that makes more sense.

Darth Gehenna
Owen probably doesn't care enough about 3PO or even droids enough to really pay attention to him.

Boshuda
Maybe R2 reassembles 3PO, as he's the only character in the entire saga who gives two hoots about him!(personally 3PO is a favourite of mine)

Ratcat

Jedimaster3838
That would be the ultimate irony, R2 helping complete 3PO. R2 would never let him forget it.

Xantos Clone
hmmm....I can accept the fact that he does not recognize the droids, but what about their names?...

If R2 and 3PO are around the Lars in the prequals, how would they not remember the names of the droids?...Am I way off on this, or is this obvious?....

bye the way.....I'M BACK!!!

sorry for the lack of repies, but I have been busy with work...anyway, it's nice to see the old gang!!

Darth Gehenna
It would have been something like 20 years of not seeing R2 and 3PO and on top of the fact that he only seems to care about the harvest, I can see why he would forget a name like C-3PO.

Dim
It's probably just another number to him..

Gundark
Carrying the secret he does about Luke and trying to make a gritty living in the desert most of his life, I really doubt he'd give a hoot about anything anymore, even his wife.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.