Kids

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

what a horrible horrible movie, the only thing worse than the script was the acting, oh god i wanted to shoot myself

BackFire349
Outstanding movie. One of the most powerful and eye opening movies I've ever seen. The acting is absolutely amazing and totally believable i thought.

Evil Dead
I don't care too much for it................a bit too much like an afterschool special, a special they would have to play on HBO do to the content but an afterschool special nonetheless. Okay........kids do drugs.....kids swear.......kids drink.....kids have sex.....we know all of this already so what's the god damned plot? Boring........it's like watching an uncensored version of the Real World......without the acting skills.

DeNiro
never seen it not going to see it sounds gay

grymlock
but you have to look on those days... the movies was around early 90's, on that era it's something amazing and yet it's done in a movie something that have never been done before...i for one love the movie... yup! it is a powerful movie.. and yet there is a another movie that are similar to kids it's call 'thirteen' if i not mistaken..

cheers mate!!

Evil Dead
I remember quite vividly when Kids came out......I was in highschool.......I was the same age as the kids in the film......and I still thought it was retarded. What was amazing about it?

Ushgarak
No, I did not like Kids, it was a complete waste of time. He was acting as if this was stuff no-one knew; the message was wasted and beyond that, the plot was simply pointless.

And I reject the argument that it was more powerful at the time. At the time this was exactly what the critics said- pointless. And I thought so too.

roberto
i qiute like it but it is definately as dark as the inside of a cello

Kes
Wow talk about extreme opinions. Got crap or excellent...anybody says ok-ish.

BackFire349
The thing I really liked about it was how it showed sex as a tragic event for once. Plus it really showed how easily aids could be spread.

Oh, and if you wanna bring critics into the mix, there's one critic I know of who thought the movie was outstanding..... His names Ebert, maybe you've heard of him

Evil Dead
Screw critics..........their opinions do not factor into what movies I watch or like. Just as I'm sure my opinion does not factor into anybody else's movie going habits. Critics are useless........different people like different movies. I don't like Kids....some do. Yay for them.

It will be a cold day in hell when I take some 50+year old guy named Roger Ebert's opinion into advisement when deciding which movie I want to watch. Yeah.....I'm sure he and myself have alot in common. Next I'm going to ask him which gangsta rap albums to buy.

HAHHAAHHAAHAHAHHAHA "which gangsta rap albums to buy" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA so funny

LeAtHerRFace
Never seen it.. but ppl said it sux.

grymlock
laughing out loud you're funny... i will drink to that beer

cheers mate!!

Evil Dead
Well......it's true. Do people honestly think that some rich old white guy has the same taste is movies as they do? Do they seriously think his opinions on movies would parallel their own? Some artsy foreign film comes out and he gives it two thumbs and a cock up........doesn't make me want to see it. Ofcourse he probably liked Kids.......he probably thought it was insightful and eye opening. Ofcourse he probably really didn't know that kids do have sex, do drugs, and curse. They didn't do that kind of stuff in 1954 when he went to high school. To everybody else on the planet who has been young sometime within the past 30 years.........it wasn't insightful because they already knew this stuff.

BackFire349
It wasn't that people didn't know that kids were doing that type of stuff that i cared for. I really liked how it showed how easily aids can spread, cuz it's hard to grasp something like that till you see it.

Kes
thumb up

RIO
we are all critics in one way or another.

and i liked the movie. it wasn't brilliant or anything, but i thought the acting was great. it sent a message. nothing wrong with that.

backfire, did you happen to see the movie BULLY? it's from the same guy who did KIDS. i also liked that one too...

BackFire349
Yeah, I didn't like bully really.

roberto

Kes
Topic guys wink

Corlindel
ops

Holcomb
Haven't seen kids in a while but from what I remember its good.

I saw Thirteen the other day and that reminded me of it.

Ushgarak
Thirteen looks pretty pointless as well. You could learn far more by simply reading a few LJs. if it did not have the 'written by as young girl' schitck there would be nothing to it.

botankus
Kids came out in 1995, not early '90's (said earlier), and was supposed to be a "wake-up call to the world," as it was advertised. I was 20 years old when it came out so nothing in the movie was new to me, as it probably wasn't to a lot of you. But its intention, besides driving home the message about AIDS, was to shock anyone over 35 with kids under 17. Make them think a little.

mook
why not see it first and then form an opinion?

good film.

burlyman
I thought it was good blink

amlap
i thought this movie was a waste of time... i agree with Evil dead when hes says its alot like a HBO special. the story was not interesting and the acting was crap. two thumps down...stick out tongue

and btw evildead whne to lecture i cant help but to put your words to Mr. Blondes voice! just goes to show the power of the sig.

Impediment
Major bump. Because I, unlike some, still use the search engine.

I like this film. Maybe it isn't such an eye opener, as some claim, but I still see it as a very powerful film about the truth of our society.

More kids need to see this film, in my opinion. Some very well might identify with it.

K.Diddy
beer I enjoy this Movie,much like my own teenage years,but without the Aids

Impediment
Liar.

stick out tongue

K.Diddy
Originally posted by Impediment
Liar.

stick out tongue

laughing out loud

MildPossession
I prefer Bully over Kids, but none of Larry Clark's films are appealing to me. Especially his absolute utter garbage section of Destricted.

Wassup Rockers is probably the film I most enjoyed from the director.

I do however, like some of his photography work, some brilliant pieces.

BruceSkywalker
this film was utter shiite.. it was boring, poorly acted and even a then unknown chloe sevigny wasn't worth seeing this..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.