EpII update

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

queeq
Okay, here's few items I picked up this week:

1. Mace's sabre is purple
2. Yoda's sabre is yellow and hidden in his cane
3. Anakin is supposed to loose some kind of body part in Ep2.

Care to comment?

finti
loose a body part, hmmmm kind of like Luke on his first "jedi" trip....

queeq
Yes the problem is that I haven't figured out what part and where.

Did anyone hear something about this?

R.C

yerssot
On the 'did anyone say new lightsaber colors?' I posted a few days ago that Yoda's lightsabre was yellow, and since the day I saw TPM I said that Maces lightsabre was purple.
The bodypart thing will probably be his righthand (his left is chopped by Luke exposing electronics) just like Luke what will give an extra link

R.C
A lot of people suggested Purple, including SLJ himself but Lucas had, until recently it seems, said it was going to be blue.

Where did you get the yellow saber infor from?

yerssot
I had an argument with a friend that Yoda didn't had a lightsabre. And he told me WITH PICS (don't have them anymore f*ck!!!!) that he has a yellow one. It blowed my head off. He had some friends pretty close to GL companys

Ushgarak
I;d be careful about saying that pics prove the colour because they add the colours very late in the production process.

Nonetheless, the rumouras about Yoda's light-cane are looking more and more likely and Mcae's purple sabre is a virtual certainty.

King Jedi
I heard that he loses an arm during a duel with Count Dooku, then he loses a leg when something falls on top of him.

I also heard that the Jedi cut off a part that only men have, to stop him getting too close to Padme, but I have to stress - THAT'S JUST A RUMOR!!!!

yerssot
Do you actually believe that the Jedi will do that???? Common!
For the yellow thing: it were pics of drawings with yoda and a yellow lightsabre in his hands

Ushgarak
Isn't that at odds with the light-cane thing?

And hi there, KJ!

queeq
KJ!!!!! He posted. Good to have you around, dude! Missed ya!

Well all three came from the illustrious 50-question quiz on the TF.N forums. Seems like all the answers are confirmed.

finti
A bit of correction Yerssot Luke cuts of Vaders right hand.
I saw an interview with GL and he mentioned that Vader had mechanical arms and legs and the interview was after TPM came out

sand person no. 10
surely, if Anakin is supposed to fall into some type of lava pit, then the only part of his body worth saving is his head and perhaps his vital organs, (I assume that the force is controlled by your mental thoughts) therefore it would be possible for his body to be replaced with mechanical parts, however, if he does fall into a lava pit, how long before Palpatine or some other ally rescues him, i wouldn't have thought that you could last long in something as hot as lava even as the chosen one, perhaps he does a Luke thing i.e. the esb and calls out for help while burning to death?

isn't the lightsabre in the cane a bit tacky, bit to much lie batman and the Joker thing and James Bond with that big shotgun, if you believe what yoda says about the jedi only defending and not attacking, why would he need a lightsabre, could he just not levitate the enemies out of the way?

Ushgarak
Of course, we are not certain about the lava pit thing yet. I often wondered, if it WAS true, if it was actually Obi-Wan who pulled him out...

queeq
That'd be great!

Yes, the cane thing is a bit tacky. But so is the entire fight between Yoda and Dooku. Even with Yoda jumping on his shoulders....iiickkkk. I fear this might be awkward. But since all that is probably post-production, hopefully they'll come to the that conclusion themselves.

yerssot
You are absolute right! It was his right hand (Vader is righthanded). If you go to an EU book you have there the conclusion that the right hand is still human.
I defenetly know that it is a lava pitt; when Hamill asked Lucas what happend to his father he said that he tumbled in a vulcano. This commes from the OFFICIAL site and that was in 1999. The question of Hamill was asked in 1977, when they shot the scene in OB1's house.

queeq
Oh yes, very reliable that. NOT.

We can't be sure about the lava. GL may have changed his mind. He even changed his mind about Palpy's rise to power. So we have to wait what GL does to that.
So far it's what we THINK, it's not DEFINITE.

Ushgarak
Yeah, I mean, remember how long people were 'certain' that Owen Lars was Obi-Wan's brother, eh?

yerssot
I guess I missed something here!!!
He is NOT his brother???

Ushgarak
Looking at the details of the new film, almost certainly not. Why the heck would Obi-Wan have a brother on Tatooine, anyway?

King Jedi
I don't like all these changes in the original story. I always thought that Owen, Beru and Anakin all grew up together, then they met Obi-Wan who started to train Anakin and it all went a bit mad.

But now I have to get used to this other story.

Ushgarak
It must be said, KJ, that that 'original' story was never confirmed.

King Jedi
I know sad but most people have grown up thinking it was what happened and now it's being changed. I'n not saying I don't like the current story but it will take time to get used to.

Ushgarak
Yes, you are right there... though in many ways I am very glad that the Prequel trilogy has the ability to surprise us. It would have been disapponting if it wasa EXACTLY what we expected...

sand person no. 10
i'm sure somewhere there is going to be a surprise, quite what that surprise will be who knows, not on the "I'm your father" level, but i would have thought there would be something, lets face facts, the thirty years before anh are pretty cloudy, you only recieve certain bits of info from the 4 films and there often open to interpretation.

queeq
True. And yet, some things do seem a little odd. Try explaing poor Luke in ROTJ who his grandfather was and where his droids came from.

As for Owen Lars, Yerssot, it seems he is the son of Cliegg Lars, the man Shmi Skywalker is married to in Ep2. So only by marriage is he Anakin's stepbrother, no blood ties. So no OB1, the novelisation of ROTJ is soon officially EU.

Jameous Woodshire
Yep throw the novel and the radio out the window.

Also as for Luke finding out about what is up, I figured R2 tells Luke later while they are in a long space trip. 3PO could never be told "Imagine the therapy sesions" Anthony Danles

wink

yerssot
Ah now I get it!!
But I always leave the cast&crew list aside and also the whole EPII story, I want it to be a surprise.

queeq
We will tell you all BEFORE it comes out. evil face

Ushgarak
Just thought I should remind you Queeq; it won;t make the ROTJ novel EU, it will just make it WRONG. EU is not a term meaning 'Star Wars that is not right", EU means those works that are not basd on George Lucas' own stories. ROTJ IS based on GL's stories, of course. I don;t know what we would call that npw; 'non-canonical official work', perhaps?

queeq
Here we go again. Ush is just like a bullett: pull the trigger and off he goes. laughing out loud

Ushgarak
Hey, you post the lies, I give the world the truth...

krautrocker
right as for anakin's right hand being human, says who? The arm reveals wires etc so i makes sense to me that the hand was robotic anyway? I alos read somewhere today that helooses his arms in episode 2. Somebody sdaid on one of the site you can see he has no arms in a select pic where he rests on obi-wan's body

R.C
On Episode-x they seem to believe that Select 53 is Anakin in shock after loosing his arm in battle.

Wouldn't it be kinda cool for Episode-II to end with him having a cybernetic arm fitted, just as Luke had a hand fitted at the end of ESB.

2nd film of each trilogy, etc....

sand person no. 10
doesn't seem to be in much pain for someone who has just lost an arm!

yerssot
It can be correct: they darkend the room around the pic. If someone is good with Photoshop and stuff, can you lighten it? That would really help

finti
He looks to relaxed for someone who just lost an arm. No other scars????

yerssot
Wel, something has happend, one of the first tings I noticed was that the guy on the same pic (OB1?) has a BIG whole in his leg, so there was a fight.
Saying he lost his arms would be maybe too quick, he wears a black jacket so it is difficult to see it when the picture-end is also black

Ushgarak
You know, that's that a half bad idea... one to think about, that...

King Jedi
Are we even sure that the pic is from a scene in the movie? It could have been taken between filming.

yerssot
No! If you look closely to the leg of OB1(?) you see a big whole in his leg and his hand around it, without any imagination you can see the person is in pain

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.