Dukes of Hazzard Movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

genlee1969
This has got to be the sickest joke I've ever heard. NEVER make a Dukes of Hazzard without John & Tom. NEVER make the General Lee less than a 1969 Dodge Charger RT. This movie will require a boycott from ALL Dukes of Hazzard fans. Coy and Vance was bad enough now they are wanting to TOTALY kill one of the best TV shows EVER!!! BOO to everyone even thinking about a movie like this. It should not be done EVER. mad mad mad mad mad mad

dougd5652
It could be good if they leave the General a 69 Dodge Charger. They should put a real hemi in it and do alot of street driving...a couple real jumps (unlike "Gone in 60 seconds CGI jump) Daisy needs to be brunette (NOT BRITNEY SPEARS) They will probably screw it up with a different car....

mooby421
Well , Knoxville and stifler look like they can play hicks and were probably veiwers just like you , and same with the guys from Broken Lizard . They are most likely big fans who sought out the project instead of getting it handed to them . And no doubt any moron with a third of a brain knows the General Lee , ****s sake , I'm hispanic and I know the ****ing General Lee . YEEEEEEE HHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!!!!!!

( leaping over a 100 ft. gorge on an orange painted bicycle with 01 stickers on the sides grinning like a moron . )

botankus
"genlee1969," did you make up your username just for the sake of starting a Dukes of Hazzard thread??

laughing out loud

Emma718
who is going to be in it?

cooterfan
Attention all Dukes of Hazzard fans:

I am sure you have all heard about the coming big screen version of the show we all know and love. If you are like me, you treasure it as something from your youth that you can associate to times gone forever. I have been reading information about casting and am concerned about the choices and the director Jay Chandrasekhar (Super Troopers and Club Dread) The information that I have read is the Sean Williams Scott of American Pie and Johnny Knoxville of MTV's Jackass, are slotted to play Bo and Luke respectively. Based on the information that I have seen, and the recent habit of taking older programs and turning them into parodies (example Starsky & Hutch), I fear our beloved icon is headed for the same doom. It would be an injustice to the memory of dare I say millions of young adult Americans. I propose new action be taken and that the script and cast be closer in line to the original theme of the show. I believe that it would create a box office smash if this occurred, and a highly collectible dvd. If it is allowed to continue as is it will be exploiting the name, and not embracing it like it deserves. If you feel the way I do send this to every Dukes loving friend in your address book. There is strength in numbers. If it debuts as planned, in pathetic parody form, I hope you'll join me in a boycott of the movie.
I am sending an email to Ben Jones (Cooter), James Best (Roscoe), Sonny Shroyer (Enos), and a booking agent for Tom Wopat (Luke Duke). If there is anything that you could do to help us please do. Also, if you know how to contact other stars for their help. You have much more clout than us mere fans. Thanks for your help and the memories!

God Save the Dukes!

forumcrew
everyone has left out Jessica Simpson as Daisy Duke.. shes in it as well

a long while back (lack last winter) it was brittney spears, ashton kutcher, and paul walker as the cast rumour.. but the new 3 seem to be pretty set in stone

trav6612
I totally agree with you, but that is only if they are going to make it into a parody. I think it could be really good. Don't jump of the ship yet, it hasn't sunk. I think they will do a good job and hopefully do justice to one of the greates shows of all time

botankus
Um, I have a feeling "cooterfan" is just a reincarnation of "genlee1969." Check the post counts; it's spam.

trav6612
I concur....

Jedi Priestess
I wasnt aware that the Dukes of Hazzard had so many fans? And one of the best television shows ever? gimme a break..... roll eyes (sarcastic)

trav6612
i guess you haven't ever seen the tv series then.

Mr Parker
Seeing as how they screwed up the movie STARSKEY AND HUTCH big time,yeah I am not at all optimistic with a dukes of hazzard movie.

trav6612
True they did mess up starsky and hutch. I was disappointed with that, I am hopeful though that they won't mess it up.

botankus
If anyone expected anything worth staying awake for in Starsky and Hutch going into the film, then you have bigger issues to contend with.

trav6612
i can understand where you are coming from

Drumdude1167
Thats right, the're remaking the dukes of hazard, they already have an all star cast of all.....stars.....First we have as one of the duke brothers is the original Jackass, Johnny knoxville. Second duke brother is the ashton/jason biggs/will farrel kissing, getting peed on, Sean William Scott. And finally playing the hott daisy duke is...a sexy singer, no not brittany, no not chrisina, no no beyonce, none other than the newlywed herself but the really hot hot hot Jessica simpson. Thats really the only reason i would see this movie just to see her in that flannel shirt tied at her underneath her huge.....acting talent, also those cut-off shorts....mmmmmMMMm. Tell me what you think about this soon to be figure in cinema history

botankus
Alright, if there's a Bo and Luke making out scene, I'm walking out! wink

Thorondor
Attrocoty, totally wrong choice for actors no expression

Cinemaddiction
How's that for star power, folks!?

Jedi Priestess
sick sick sick sick just lovely, wasnt subjecting us to the TV show enough?

botankus
Cory, good to have you back. Until yesterday, looks like you took a week or so break from KMC while moving to MN. In the meantime, I've kept myself busy by ragging on first-time posters who start marketing threads in this forum and fighting with some extremely one-sided people in the General Discussion forum.

Cinemaddiction
Thank you, sir. I ended up moving to a different apartment (same complex) so the phone company had to delay service (DSL/phone) on a 1 week transfer, but I'm back, and look forward to setting newbies straight with ya.

Oh yeah..this movie is going to do great in the South.

Drumdude1167
definatally. those damn rednecks will be like....Dad gum....and.....I hate people that arn't white, of my religion, or my sexual heritage...bush....4 more years.......IM NOT LIKE THAT AT ALL FOLKS, IM JUST MAKING A POINT

Cinemaddiction
Gotta love stereotypes.

Drumdude1167
Gotta love jessica simpson in those cutoff shorts

Drumdude1167
And how bout that jessica simpson in those cutoff shorts as daisy duke

leowyatt
well to make everyone breath easier, when ever the movie is released
who ever is bo and luke they will use the original charger
Meanwhile, the new Charger is expected to make an appearance in the upcoming remake of the old TV series, The Dukes of Hazzard. But the good ol' boy Duke brothers are still expected to drive around in the original Dodge muscle car.

leowyatt
you forgot bert reynolds as boss hogg. i'm with a dukes of hazzard group
and most are bashing the movie i don't care whose in it as long as the genrallee is in it just like before flag and all

WindDancer
Never was much into the show but I always thought they were cool. As for Daisy......Any hot looking actress will do just fine.

offroadredneck
some of you guys say that general lee isnt going to be a 1969 charger?? i watch dukes of hazard every night still and they change from a 69 to a 71 to a 70 charger some with a 4spd manual and some auto they constantly use different chargers throughout the show i just want to know what kind of car they were planning on using as general lee

RebelPhoenix
As Daisy Duke:

http://www.deansplanet.com/images/celebs/broads/jessica_simpson/jessica_simpson_daisy_duke_01.jpg
http://www.deansplanet.com/images/celebs/broads/jessica_simpson/jessica_simpson_daisy_duke_02.jpg
http://www.deansplanet.com/images/celebs/broads/jessica_simpson/jessica_simpson_daisy_duke_03.jpg
http://images8.fotki.com/v138/photos/5/59955/1464957/26dukes1-vi.jpg

RebelPhoenix
The original Daisy Duke:

http://images5.theimagehosting.com/daisy_duke_pant3.jpg

http://images5.theimagehosting.com/duke_boys_daisy4.jpg

http://people.clarkson.edu/~avisem/images/dukes.jpg

RebelPhoenix
One more of Jess:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v105/RogueTemptress/Jsimpson.gif

When I saw the first pics of Jessica I thought she was doing The Fantastic Four (just obviously not in uniform) but then I found out Jessica Alba coloured her hair blonde and was doing it - maybe they should switch Jessicas wink only because of the hair though. Depending on how much they want to stay true to the original casting, I wonder that if Jessica or the directors didn't want her to colour it, why not wear a wig? Or maybe they want to keep the look she's famous for in order to highlight their 'star' cast.... ?

botankus
Looking through some pics, I'm still scratching my head about how these three goofs are going to pull off playing Bo, Luke, and Daisy with any degree of effectivity:

http://images.hollywood.com/images/large/l_2439097.jpg

LordSorgo
When i saw the trailer, first thing that came to mind......

Why the hell is Daisy blonde?

Nevermind
I never watched 'Dukes of Hazzard' but personally seeing Jessica Simpson in it with those cut-off jeans is good enough excuse to see it for me.

botankus
For that matter they could just make up a movie called, "Two Rednecks and some Blond Bimbo" and sell it. How they are doing it is nothing like the Dukes of Hazzard.

GGgrievous725
alright this is a terrible movie daisy duke wasnt a **** she didnt have blonde hair either and willie and burt renolds are gonna need to gain 400lb each to become as fat as the uncle and boss hog

ragesRemorse
you know, johnny knoxville is actually a decent actor. So is the blonde guy. I would lying though if i said i were going to see this movie for the acting. I'm going for the dumb blonde chik smile

wanna_b_rednex
They all ready have one thing messed up ive noticed from the previews is that the gennral lee is got a diffrent style number so there for the movie cant be as good as the tv seires because of that i think the they should of found others to play the parts as boss hogg and uncle jesse because they dont fill in the body mass of the original and for you others ben jones (cooter) is a part of the movie in directing

wanna_b_rednex
and another thing the duke boys ain't brothers they are cousins go and watch the show again they call each other cousin

TheFanboy
At first the new movie offended me as a Dukes fan, but then I suddenly came to terms with it. They're putting a new spin on a lot of the stuff that made the show great, but I'll wait untill I see it before passing judgement.

And it has Jessica Simpson, and that has to count for something. smile

metal_4_life
its got Jessica Simpson and Stifler in it. Simpson is hot and Stifler is really funny just look at Dude Wheres My Car and American Wedding. I bet he can play a good hic and who really cares what type of car it is, it's still a kick a** car!!

botankus
Hence, Two Rednecks and a Blonde Bimbo, which I proposed earlier, is sounding better and better by the post.

Mr Parker
Jessica Simpson is the ONLY good thing about this movie therefore I will just wait till it comes out on video and rent it from the library so I can watch it for free and just fast forward through the parts she isnt in.Sorry but any Dukes of Hazzard movie with Burt Reynolds as Boss Hogg spells LOSER. WTF? I cant believe they didnt cast someone who looked the role.Can you say Danny Devito? He would have been perfect for that role.What the hell were they thinking? geez. Some hollywood film directors and studios can be so stupid at times its pitiful.Plus I agree with this poster,it was bad enough when they had coy and vance as The Dukes but Ben Stiller as Luke Duke and that other guy as Bo Duke are horrible actors.It was bad enough they had to go and screw up Starskey and Hutch.That wasnt enough for them though so they now got to go and screw up The Dukes of Hazzard as well. mad

botankus
I don't understand how Jessica Simpson it the only good thing about the movie. To me, there's nothing good about it. If you want to look at Jessica Simpson all day, buy one of her 1,000 videos, calendars, whatever. And I'm sure she can't act and can't even hold a microscopic candle to Catherine Bach.

vagaryatwill
eh, I don't know about this one...Simpson does look like she has some legs in this one. I'll probably see it for that, but I'm not expecting much.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by botankus
I don't understand how Jessica Simpson it the only good thing about the movie. To me, there's nothing good about it. If you want to look at Jessica Simpson all day, buy one of her 1,000 videos, calendars, whatever. And I'm sure she can't act and can't even hold a microscopic candle to Catherine Bach.

Well I did like that part in the previews where she beats up that guy and he is on the floor and she has her foot on his neck.I wouldnt mind her doing that to me. big grin

botankus
I give up on you guys. Yes, maybe you are all correct...this is the only place you can see Jessica Simpson. For $8.00 you can see about 1/10th of just one of her stupid music videos. Maybe you'll be lucky and they'll freeze the camera on her for the entire movie and avoid all plot/dialogue, etc....

bakerboy
I didnt like too much that tv show, was funny but nothing more. I will pass of see this movie.

Cinemaddiction
Jessica Simpsons delivery in the trailer was shit, all 3 lines.

botankus
So are they going to open up the movie with The Dukes' Theme Song (by Waylon Jennings) or "Shake that A$$ like a Ho" by Miss Simpson?

botankus
The movie made over $30 million dollars, somebody's gotta know if she sang "Just the Good Old Ho's" in the opening credits.

shellie
I used to watch Dukes of Hazzard when I was little. It was one of my favorite shows. For that reason Im hesitant to watch the movie. I dont care for Jessica Simpson...and I have a feeling this movie will fall short. I also think it shoulda been left alone. I just cant see paying $10+ to see a movie that if it had to be made...shoulda been made fore cable TV.

fruits
i just saw it and since i never saw the TV show, i cant say it doesnt compare, so........i really liked it. a good plot, funny jokes, oh yeah, and Jessica Simpson is HOT! in this movie. it is incredible. my friends were constantly taking pics of her with their camera phones. pervs. but yeah, i really liked the movie. not the best, but a good one

botankus
Do your friends have computers? Have you suggested going to her website for thousands of equally skanky pictures in 1,000 times better quality?

Red Superfly
Jessica Simpson is in it.

I WILL NOT endorse such a movie with my cash for this reason alone.

She can go to hell, ugly princess b!tch.

Primitive Screwhead
I'm just waiting for the remake of Too Close For Comfort to hit in 2007. Wacky hijinks abound when they acutally dig up Ted Knight's corpse to reprise his original role as Henry Rush. They're also trying to locate Dave Chapelle to sign him as an urban update to the flamboyant live-in Monroe. Rumor has it there will be a scene in which a drugged out Sarah and Jackie Rush (...played by the Olsen twins!!!! Freaking brilliant!!!!) actually have a heartfelt conversation with Cosmic Cow toward the end of the movie (a surprise casting of Bobcat Goldthwait)....

...well, maybe not. But could it honestly be any worse than the Dukes remake and the upcoming Honeymooners flick? I should think not! I'm pitching this to Michael Bay, along with my ideas on an ALF remake in which Haley Joel Osment gets the crap beaten out of him by that lovable little alien.

JLRTENJAC
Originally posted by dougd5652
It could be good if they leave the General a 69 Dodge Charger. They should put a real hemi in it and do alot of street driving...a couple real jumps (unlike "Gone in 60 seconds CGI jump) Daisy needs to be brunette (NOT BRITNEY SPEARS) They will probably screw it up with a different car....

She wasn't Britney spears!

Primitive Screwhead
Originally posted by JLRTENJAC
She wasn't Britney spears!

Before you go any further into chastising Dan (and making yourself look even more foolish), you might want to re-check the posting that you referenced... and realize that he wrote his original comment in 2003. You know, well before the casting had ever been, oh I don't know... finalized?

fruits
well, whether jessica simpson is a retard or a genius, she was hot in this movie

botankus
Originally posted by fruits
well, whether jessica simpson is a retard or a genius, she was hot in this movie

What about mis-cast dingbat?

theReject
Corniness aside, I liked this movie! big grin

Phoenix
I really liked it... it was amusing big grin

theReject
^AHA! I knew there was someone out there who liked it besides me.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.