power levels

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jedi212guy
I dislike the word midiclorians, so I won't use it. Question: What is Palpatine's "potential?" Is it greater than Yoda's, even Anakin's? I mean, the Jedi don't know about Palpy being a force user, so he could be the most powerful ever. Opinions?

Ushgarak
No-one knows, though as Yoda warns Luke to not underestimate the Emperor's power, it must be pretty damn high for Yoda to be so worried.

We do not know if this is down purely to potential, midi-chlorian count and talent, or whethjer he is privy to ancient Sith secrets, or whether he isn't even truly human at all.

sand person no. 10
remember when Yoda tells Luke that even he is not strong enough with the force to prevent himself from dying, maybe Palpatine is, there is after all no suggestion that he would die until he is killed and wasn't he about 120 at the end of rotj, not many 120 year olds i know who can produce lightning from there hands.

jedi212guy
Interesting points, but isn't the Emperor around 86 in ROTJ? 50 in Episode I, add 32 years till ANH and add 4 more years till ROTJ? Is that correct?

yerssot
32? I thought 30, but I'm not so strong in that.
Palpy is consumed to the Dark Side, you can say he lives on the Dark Side, wich give him alot of power (that's just a guess)
But what I really know is that Palpatines MC count is NOT very high (that supports what I said above) if OB1 can feel Annakin when he is on a ship near Naboo; than he must sence that Palpa is a Darky when he meets him on Naboo after the liberation, he was only 3 feet away from him!
This is all guess-work because it is never said in the movies mad

Ushgarak
'Hard to see the Dark Side is'

So it doesn't play by those rules, and I don't think it was Anakin that Obi-Wan was sensing, in any case.

yerssot
You're right, I had that from a EU-source, based on the movie of GL.
You can discuss that it must be Annakin because Sidi is there all ready a long time (60 years?) so OB1 had to feel him a long time ago.
Long shot, but...

Ushgarak
I don;t think it was a person he was sensing at all; it was the evil of the general situation. After all, he felt the same thing at the start of the film while he was nowhere near Anakin.

yerssot
I WAS talking about the start of the movie, where was that other thing he sensed?

Ushgarak
Well, it CAN'T have been Anakin at the start of the movie.

He agrees with Qui-Gon that there is a disturbance in the Force when they are on Tatooine.

yerssot
I think it is still possible that it was Annakin he felt in the beginning.
He couldn't put his finger on it, but when they are on Tatooine and QGJ also says that he feels something, and OB1 quickly said that he felt it also so he was certain that others felt it too

jedi212guy
I think OB1 was sensing the Sith, not themselves exactly, but the fact that they were planning to act. This is supported by the fact that Palpy orders the aliens (for the life of me I can't think of their race), to attack Naboo.

Ushgarak
But still no evidence it was Anakin, and that they felt the same thing at the start of the film it can NOT have been Anakin, and therefore is very likely the general situation (that is, The Phantom Menace).

jedi212guy
Agreed. He said that it was elusive. Anakin doesn't seem too elusive to me. What, did he sense Anakin in the previous race. This reporter thinks not! wink

sand person no. 10
OB1's reference to something elusisive is obviously targeted towards Sidious and Maul, i.e. the Phantom Menance(s), (isn't a Phantom elusive) whereas Anakin was apparently the will of the force and was meant to be found, according to qui gon.

Perhaps distance has nothing to do with it , after all doesn't ob1 sense the destruction of alderan from a far and ob1 senses a disturbance in the force on coruscant all the way at naboo.

How could ob1 think that anakin was a disturbance in the force when he agrees to take anakin as his papdawin learner, doesn't really sense anakin at the start if the film and refers to him as i think "another meaningless life form" how far from the truth he was.

The only thing in ob1's favour in terms of anakins danger as far as I can remember is saying that "the boy is dangerous, they can all see it and that he won't pass the councils tests" something like that.

yerssot
Impressive, most impressive
I always thought Jedi could feel eachother, so why didn't they feel Annakin in the first place? He has no training so he doesn't know any tricks to stay hidden. He has the most MC and is the Chosen One!

Ushgarak
There is absolutely nothing to suggest that Jedi can feel each other. The closest we have is when Vader senses Obi-Wan, but that wasn't because Obi-Wan was a Jedi. it was because Obi-Wan was his old friend.

yerssot
I was totally wrong!!
The thing that OB1 sensed was something in the future, that was said in the movie.
Sorry!!

sand person no. 10
i think that jedi do feel each other, evidence of this is when ob1 and quigon are fighting maul, they fight in harmony and never once hurt each other or go anywhere near to hurting one another. also qui gon instictively turns round and protects ob1 from the droid at the start of ep1, thay also manage to find each other in what is probably a very big forest, finally, witrhout anakin suggesting it to ob1, he makes the ship fly low so as he can pick up quigon while he is fighting maul, seems to be to many things placed down to luck there.

Ushgarak
But that is all evidence that they can sense MINDS, which we already knew. Nothing to do with the detection of Jedi. Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan recognise each other's mind just like they know each other's face.

BTW, that harmony in combat can be achieved by practice in the real world, no extra power needed.

finti
They sence the presence of the force not the person.

Ushgarak
Not sure what you mean there, Finti. I mean, they CAN sense minds.

yerssot
I think he means that they can feel someone that is trained in using the Force, ie Jedis. But for once, I think Ush is right, just this once though

Ushgarak
Thankyou. I always thought their mind-sensing power was pretty clear.

jedi212guy
I agree that they can only sense each other b/c they know each other. However, they can also sense others in the Force, and theefore can detect where shopts will be fired. They sense disturbances in the Force.

Ushgarak
A disturbance in the force is a very rare event, clearly, not something a blaster shot would cause.

Through their Force talents Jedi have a general sixth sense, that's about the size of it.

yerssot
A pretty darn good sixth sence;
hey they can even see death people big grin big grin big grin

queeq
laughing out loud

Is Bruce in Ep2???? big grin

R.C
No, but he will be in Episode-III: Cloning with Avengance...... laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.